FOR THE ED TEAM: Fps drops in specific areas and inside the cockpit F-16

Well guys, this is for it's for the ED team and obviously for all of you obviously.

For starters I play 1920x1080 (not 4K) and for me it is perfect. in fact the simulator in the vast majority works at 60 fps stable except at specific moments that fall from 60 to 45 and up to 30 fps for no apparent reason.

Now I wanted to comment on the problems that I have noticed in the simulator.

SIMULATOR:

I have noticed that when you look directly at the clouds the fps drop drastically, can the weather be a problem?

If you are in the cabin and you rotate the camera, the fps are delayed or fall and stabilize again, the latter is momentary but very annoying.

And generally the FPS drop randomly and massively

F-16:

Inside the cockpit of the F16 while it is flying it sometimes has drops at 30 fps but if you rotate the camera or move the camera directly down the fps return to 60, this problem is not whether it will be from the simulator in general or from the specific module, lacking optimization?

Inside the cockpit of the F-16 if you look in one direction the fps drop dramatically but then stabilize again.

Cool and dark in NEVADA, if you look straight ahead or move the camera the fps drop dramatically and as you roll down the platform you have horrible stuttering and fps drops.

From my point of view I think that the simulator and the module lack more optimization of resources, I just wanted to share this with you and especially with the ED team so that they take note.

Does the same happen to you?

Please just wanted to clarify what I have noticed when playing, I hope the ED team echoed this issue.

PS: the F16 is my favorite module

Have a wonderful day, a hug to everyone.

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

When I look right or left cockpit panels or seat itself, FPS goes down dramatically

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
Well guys, this is for it's for the ED team and obviously for all of you obviously.

For starters I play 1920x1080 (not 4K) and for me it is perfect. in fact the simulator in the vast majority works at 60 fps stable except at specific moments that fall from 60 to 45 and up to 30 fps for no apparent reason.

Now I wanted to comment on the problems that I have noticed in the simulator.

SIMULATOR:

I have noticed that when you look directly at the clouds the fps drop drastically, can the weather be a problem?

If you are in the cabin and you rotate the camera, the fps are delayed or fall and stabilize again, the latter is momentary but very annoying.

F-16:

Inside the cockpit of the F16 while it is flying it sometimes has drops at 30 fps but if you rotate the camera or move the camera directly down the fps return to 60, this problem is not whether it will be from the simulator in general or from the specific module, lacking optimization?

Inside the cockpit of the F-16 if you look in one direction the fps drop dramatically but then stabilize again.

Cool and dark in NEVADA, if you look straight ahead or move the camera the fps drop dramatically and as you roll down the platform you have horrible stuttering and fps drops.

From my point of view I think that the simulator and the module lack more optimization of resources, I just wanted to share this with you and especially with the ED team so that they take note.

Does the same happen to you?

Please just wanted to clarify what I have noticed when playing, I hope the ED team echoed this issue.

PS: the F16 is my favorite module

Have a wonderful day, a hug to everyone.

No Hugs,

social distancing here please :)

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on fps issue currently

hopefully the next patch will help

best regards and stay safe

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When I look right or left cockpit panels or seat itself, FPS goes down dramatically

in my case it is the opposite, when the fps drop to 30 fps if I lower the camera towards the seat or upwards the fps are restored

No Hugs,

social distancing here please :)

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on fps issue currently

hopefully the next patch will help

best regards and stay safe

Thanks for your answer, there are also dips in the simulator in general, and stuttering, it is good to know that you are supporting, thank you very much, a virtual hug

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

I get issues where I am locked at 30fps

I have the same issue too. Sometimes when im in the Hornet`s cockpit, FPS drops to 15-20.

YES, not only happens in the sim in general and in the F-16, I have tried all the planes I have and it is the same in all, in the F16 for example it blocks at 30 fps, and in other planes the same happens, then FPS dips for no apparent reason

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

• ED Team

We have a report open for fps drop at high angle of attack on the viper, it may be related.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We have a report open for fps drop at high angle of attack on the viper, it may be related.

Nice, i encounter that issue myself.. i didn`t know it was a known issue.

So just waiting for the next uodate

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

As I said in a previous comment ... thanks for your concern, but I also wanted to clarify that it is not only in the F16 it is in several modules and in the simulator in general, it has random FPS drops in specific areas

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

• ED Team
As I said in a previous comment ... thanks for your concern, but I also wanted to clarify that it is not only in the F16 it is in several modules and in the simulator in general, it has random FPS drops in specific areas

Yes the team are aware, here are some of the comparisons I have done between 2.5.5. and 2.5.6

hornet and f-5 in this case

hornet

attachment.php?attachmentid=230568&d=1585084704

f-5e

attachment.php?attachmentid=230567&d=1585084704

Yes the team are aware, here are some of the comparisons I have done between 2.5.5. and 2.5.6

hornet and f-5 in this case

hornet

attachment.php?attachmentid=230568&d=1585084704

f-5e

attachment.php?attachmentid=230567&d=1585084704

It is good to know, at first I thought it would be a problem with my PC, but it really is not a problem with my PC, with my PC I move everything to 1920x1080 resolution at 60FPS without problem except the problems that are evident of optimization, I do not need to spend 1000 euros approx in a gtx 2080 (to give an example) I neither need nor want to spend it.

If you allow me an observation, maybe they will call me crazy ..., have you not thought of leaving the modules aside for the moment and focus on reworking the entire graphics engine?

I mean, redoing the graphics engine from scratch and optimizing it from 0, maybe it's crazy but it could work.

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

wow more than 50% fps loss!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team

those test were in VR, and yes a big loss, we are already seeing some improvement internally however so i am confident we will back to normal soon.

those test were in VR, and yes a big loss, we are already seeing some improvement internally however so i am confident we will back to normal soon.

It is good to know, as long as it works at 1080p at 60 stable fps (I do not ask for more, 60fps without shocks) I am happy

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

I hope so. If not, I won´t buy anything else from ED, less than 45 fps (with ASW) is not acceptable. Please consider to turn back 2.5.5 if no solution is found.

I hope so. If not, I won´t buy anything else from ED, less than 45 fps (with ASW) is not acceptable. Please consider to turn back 2.5.5 if no solution is found.

You can turn back to 2.5.5 yourself by using the release version. Your argument would also be unacceptable because this is not unexpected to happen in Open Beta.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It is good to know, as long as it works at 1080p at 60 stable fps (I do not ask for more, 60fps without shocks) I am happy

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

You have a pretty good rig but you could do with 32gb RAM. It will help with the shuttering you have mentioned. :D

I have a similar system but I have 32gb RAM & a RTX 2060 6gb

Edited by mrmat01

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

You have a pretty good rig but you could do with 32gb RAM. It will help with the shuttering you have mentioned. :D

I have a similar system but I have 32gb RAM & a RTX 2060 6gb

Hi buddy, My pc for 1920x1080 is perfect, the ram I cannot update it because the blocks that I have are no longer sold, but the ram is not a problem, unless I set the scenarios with all the units to the maximum thing that I never do, because for me It is not realistic, and I do not play online, the problem is the optimization of the DCS base engine, which I suppose being beta has these low FPS, it is more ... I have tried any graphic configuration, low, medium high and mixed, the fps drops are there in the same areas, whatever it does, so the problem is the base graphics engine.

If they get it to work at 60 fps stable at 1920x1080 as I said above I will be happy, I don't play 4k nor do I need it

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

But the FPS drops is not just on the F16 at angle of attack, it is generally with any aircraft, on stuttering ground, and then flying random fps lows for no apparent reason.

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

High AOA stutters

I9 9900k. 2080ti. 32gb @3200. SSD. 144HZ Monitor running 1080p

In 2D not VR

Using the F16 instant take off mission (Persian Gulf). The FPS drops are massively present. If you start some high aoa acrobatics over the runway I see frames drop from 120 to 30. Its jarring.

For me many of the instant action missions suffer from infrequent pauses. But the F16 seems worst.

So the system power is not helpful. You can't muscle your way past it.

Great to know ED are aware.

I9 9900k. 2080ti. 32gb @3200. SSD. 144HZ Monitor running 1080p

In 2D not VR

Using the F16 instant take off mission (Persian Gulf). The FPS drops are massively present. If you start some high aoa acrobatics over the runway I see frames drop from 120 to 30. Its jarring.

For me many of the instant action missions suffer from infrequent pauses. But the F16 seems worst.

So the system power is not helpful. You can't muscle your way past it.

Great to know ED are aware.

As long as the simulator runs at 1920x1080 at 60 stable fps with no FPS drops, I'm the happiest in the world

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM