TM Hotas Cougar: RDR Cursor not working

Hi Rudel,

I recently acquired a TM cougar HOTAS and I'm also having an issue with the slew stick. It's not even recognised on the Microsoft calibration software.

Hello,

The Cougar cames with its own calibration software, do not use the Windows generic calibrator. DirectX only allows 8 axes by device, but the Cougar has 10 .. so if the microstick axes are at position 9 and 10 that could explain why Windows doesn't see them.

Check here to see how I have mine configured:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4263016&postcount=6

If you don't have the Cougar software, then check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181049

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

... The issue I have now is that I need “Emulation ON” in CCP for the RDR Cursor to work. When I do this, I lose a number of HOTAS commands in-game, namely the DOG FIGHT switch and the DMS ability to change MFD SOI. I can’t get the RDR Cursor To show its axis in DCS settings at all.

The Cougar can operate in two different Modes:

1) Emulation ON, has the Cougar buttons behaving like keys on a keyboard rather than joystick's buttons. This allows you to assign any arbitrary keyboard command to any given button, even assign a key for when you press a button and another when it releases. The button programming is done with the Foxy software.

2) Emulation OFF, turns the Cougar into a generic joystick and you can only assign the buttons using the Sim's Control Options only .. which are more limited, for example DCS can't assign one function to a button press and another to its release; nor can you assign to fucntions to be performed in sequence (for example, stop the headtracking and then press a snapview).

These Modes do not affect the axes, only the buttons. If you have axes not recognized, check the axes distributioon on the Cougar's Control Panel.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Wow.

I honestly wasn't expecting an answer as quick.

Thanks man.

Let me explain out of the box. I am a complete dingus at computer stuff so please be patient if i seem annoying lol.

I appreciate any help given. Even if it seems I am not complying with your instructions. It's not how you are supplying. It's how I'm processing.

I was not aware of the limit on the MS calibration Software at all. I'll give this a go as best I can when I get a half hour to my self.

Cheers Chap.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sorry if this was mentions before, but I use this on my couger throttle:

https://realsimulator.com/tusba/

Allows you to use the throttle as a stand-alone, and works great!

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Allows you to use the throttle as a stand-alone, and works great!

Yes, but you lose the programming ability that the TM software provides.

Personally I don't use the TM software so not an issue for me. Personally I love the TUSBA.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Personally I don't use the TM software so not an issue for me.

Ok, but tought I would mention it anyway, since it may be an issue for other users that may care about losing features if they adopt a tusba adapter.

Rudel- thanks very much for the quick reply. I apologize for the late message. I’ve had Emulation “ON”, But still losing some commands. I’ll advise if those instructions you forwarded don’t work.

Thank you again.