DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

So I've got it installed and set up the config and everything seems to check out... except.... MFD buttons don't seem to do anything.

Interestingly they aren't glowing green like other buttons when I touch them as well.

Was able to control the UFC and everything in both harrier and F16 with the displays outputting, but for some apparent reason, the MFD screen doesn't work.

Tried again with A10Cii and no dice, MFDs on my tablet don't seem to react; interestingly after a while sometimes I'll even get "kicked" out of them and back to the program's main screen.

edit - FYI I don't mean visually, I realize not to currently expect a "video feed" of the displays, I mean.... nothing... works, on the MFD page, no button response of any sort; but all other pages do work, and displays (like CDU and DED) output just fine.

Edited by XCNuse

17 hours ago, pet333r said:

Maybe if it didn't happen again, maybe it was some sort of random accident. Besides, no one else let me know that there was a problem with it

I'll let you know if it happens again, but for now I assume it was just my system being weird for once. Thanks for your engagement (and for the app!).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XCNuse said:

So I've got it installed and set up the config and everything seems to check out... except.... MFD buttons don't seem to do anything.

Interestingly they aren't glowing green like other buttons when I touch them as well.

Was able to control the UFC and everything in both harrier and F16 with the displays outputting, but for some apparent reason, the MFD screen doesn't work.

Tried again with A10Cii and no dice, MFDs on my tablet don't seem to react; interestingly after a while sometimes I'll even get "kicked" out of them and back to the program's main screen.

edit - FYI I don't mean visually, I realize not to currently expect a "video feed" of the displays, I mean.... nothing... works, on the MFD page, no button response of any sort; but all other pages do work, and displays (like CDU and DED) output just fine.

The first time to use the buttons on the MFD you have to click in the middle and from the context menu select which panel you want to control (you can also change it in the settings). It is done in such a way as to be free to configure (left-right / right-left / center-right etc.)

1 hour ago, pet333r said:

The first time to use the buttons on the MFD you have to click in the middle and from the context menu select which panel you want to control (you can also change it in the settings). It is done in such a way as to be free to configure (left-right / right-left / center-right etc.)

GOTCHA, okay, I'll try that tonight; I didn't see anything that points that out; and obviously it didn't prompt me so wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

I've come to the conclusion what I really need is something to hold my tablet in a reasonable place lol, that is what I was fighting with more than anything else last night haha.

Fun app!

Also not a big fan of the swipe to change screens; on some things I want to swipe or end up swiping on things like the dobber switch on the Viper, and obviously it's tossing me to other screens I don't want to use.

I think I had more issues with said dobber switch than anything else, I can't tell if the "click spots" are too small by comparison to the other buttons/switches or what, but it was tough to get it to work in a way I was expecting.

3 hours ago, XCNuse said:

GOTCHA, okay, I'll try that tonight; I didn't see anything that points that out; and obviously it didn't prompt me so wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

I've come to the conclusion what I really need is something to hold my tablet in a reasonable place lol, that is what I was fighting with more than anything else last night haha.

Fun app!

Also not a big fan of the swipe to change screens; on some things I want to swipe or end up swiping on things like the dobber switch on the Viper, and obviously it's tossing me to other screens I don't want to use.

I think I had more issues with said dobber switch than anything else, I can't tell if the "click spots" are too small by comparison to the other buttons/switches or what, but it was tough to get it to work in a way I was expecting.

I have to add a window with information in the application when panel start first time to choose from the menu which panel to use.

As for the change panels with gestures, you have to "aim" somewhere that is not a button / switch / knob. I also sometimes "got miss" so I want to add an option to change with buttons, I need to refine it and add it to all panels

I will try to change this switch on ICP somehow to make it better clickable:-)

There are a lot of different holders, it depends where you need to mount the tablet, I mounted one on one of the car holders, it fits perfectly 🙂

Edited by pet333r
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if it's possible either, but I don't think I would be opposed to the buttons on the MFDs being... larger; larger than they should be, unless you have some weirdly massive tablet I think the visual accuracy is being more of a hindrance in this case.

I also agree with the others though that some sort of feedback if we clicked beyond the green flash, like a click sound, would be HUGE.

On the MFD thing from earlier; I feel like it would be nice even if it was just locked in the settings menu so we didn't have to choose it each time we open that page.
ie most people will have their tablet set up the same way each time, so little risk of them using the tablet inverted from a previous time (probably...)

I'm not sure what the general consensus would be, while I appreciate the accuracy visually of the MFDs, and obviously the other menus pretty much need to look accurate... The MFDs tiny clickspots means I really have to look away to make sure I'm clicking the right thing with some precision finger pointing.

Still loving the app and what you're doing, obviously not trying to pressure you into anything I know I'm throwing quite a lot out lol, just throwing out my impressions thus far.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 5:20 PM, XCNuse said:

I don't know if it's possible either, but I don't think I would be opposed to the buttons on the MFDs being... larger; larger than they should be, unless you have some weirdly massive tablet I think the visual accuracy is being more of a hindrance in this case.

I also agree with the others though that some sort of feedback if we clicked beyond the green flash, like a click sound, would be HUGE.

On the MFD thing from earlier; I feel like it would be nice even if it was just locked in the settings menu so we didn't have to choose it each time we open that page.
ie most people will have their tablet set up the same way each time, so little risk of them using the tablet inverted from a previous time (probably...)

I'm not sure what the general consensus would be, while I appreciate the accuracy visually of the MFDs, and obviously the other menus pretty much need to look accurate... The MFDs tiny clickspots means I really have to look away to make sure I'm clicking the right thing with some precision finger pointing.

Still loving the app and what you're doing, obviously not trying to pressure you into anything I know I'm throwing quite a lot out lol, just throwing out my impressions thus far.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I didn't think about it, but it's a pretty good idea😃 I could make an additional version (graphics) of MFD panels and ... probably the best choice would be to choose the appearance of the panel from the settings.
I always try to make it look as real as possible, but the practicality of use is also important🙂

• Like 1

This time something different, I prepared a simple application for easier DCS script installation to make it a bit easier for users who are not entirely sure where, what and how it should be. Current users may also find it useful for update the script more easily

https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/releases/download/configurator/Script.Configurator.zip

sc1.png sc2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I was hesitant to buy this app for awhile given the price tag relative to other apps, but having used it for a few days it is definitely worth every penny. It's probably the most hassle-free method of getting a control panel onto a mobile device, It's getting very regular updates, and it sounds like the author is extremely active and ready to help with issues.

The only things that would make it better is if the MFD's displayed information, but Reading through this thread it sounds like a commonly requested feature so I'm sure it's more complex to add in than other features.

I'd also love to have vibrations as feedback when hitting buttons, I think that would make the panels much more satsifying to use.

Thanks for your work!

Edited by StarLiner
  • Like 4

AV-8BNA Armament Control Panel:  Graphics Off

Has anyone else have the situation when in Landscape Mode the buttons on the far left and far right overlap? 

• I have seen this on my Note 9, HUAWEI T5 and Nexus 10 Tablets.  
  • Looks like the graphic is not scaling properly when rotated.  

AV-8B Weapons.jpg

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

21 hours ago, StarLiner said:

I was hesitant to buy this app for awhile given the price tag relative to other apps, but having used it for a few days it is definitely worth every penny. It's probably the most hassle-free method of getting a control panel onto a mobile device, It's getting very regular updates, and it sounds like the author is extremely active and ready to help with issues.

The only things that would make it better is if the MFD's displayed information, but Reading through this thread it sounds like a commonly requested feature so I'm sure it's more complex to add in than other features.

I'd also love to have vibrations as feedback when hitting buttons, I think that would make the panels much more satsifying to use.

Thanks for your work!

Thx😃 Regarding feedback, I'm partly working on adding the sound of clicking buttons, switches etc, regarding vibration.. a little later

17 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Has anyone else have the situation when in Landscape Mode the buttons on the far left and far right overlap? 

AV-8B Weapons.jpg

Ok, I'll check it out

• Thanks 1

Has anyone gotten this to work on a Amazon Fire 7 after getting the google
store working? I only have an iPad but this app looks amazing. I fee may be worth it if I can find a cheap enough tablet   
From what I've seen, a lot of people use Amazon tablets. I personally do not have it, so it would be best if one of the users confirmed you

On 2/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

AV-8B Weapons.jpg

I found the reason of this, will be fixed in the update

• Thanks 1

New version 1.0.2021.0204 avaible

- M2000C: added PPA (Weapons configuration panel)

- M2000C: added cautions panel
- M2000C: graphics have been changed
- A-10C: fixed system switches on the CMSP panel
- AV8BNA: corrected display of switches and displays on the weapon armament panel

Edited by pet333r
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:20 AM, Tye said:
Has anyone gotten this to work on a Amazon Fire 7 after getting the google
store working? I only have an iPad but this app looks amazing. I fee may be worth it if I can find a cheap enough tablet   

I have a very early generation of the HD8 (it's I.. believe 5, maybe 6 years old now), and it runs this just fine assuming you have the google play store installed!

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 2:13 AM, Orsi said:

Hey I’d like to see something like this for iPad. Very nice work!

Maybe something will come of it😅

On 2/9/2021 at 1:35 AM, 51TH-Dick said:

HI pet333r,

Just a little idea : on the AV8, just below the ODU, the 3 master modes would be very helpful 😉

And thx for this marvelous app : I simply can't fly without it !! 😍

Thx😃 in plans, I'm just wondering whether to do it as an additional part to an already finished panel or, for example, an additional panel with this type of one of the more needed switches, indicators

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pet333r said:

Thx😃 in plans ...

😍

22 hours ago, pet333r said:

... I'm just wondering whether to do it as an additional part to an already finished panel or, for example, an additional panel with this type of one of the more needed switches, indicators

In order to "totally forget" our mouse during the flight "attack" phase, the lonely switch remaining (after a "soon master modes implementation" 😁) will be the Master Arm.

If you have a lot of time to spend and absolutely want to create a brand new panel (🤣), during the "take off, approach and landing phase", several switches, mainly on and around the "Gear Panel", would be very useful like Gear and H²O of course, with anti-skid and gear lights. (using the mouse and your eyes inside the cockpit in downwind, reducing speed below 250kts at 600ft may be "dangerous" in this aircraft ... 😜)

The only indicator missing at this time is, perhaps, the fuel panel but, unlike the warning panel (too small), the fuel panel is easily "readable" directly in the cockpit.

Edited by 51TH-Dick
  • Like 1

hey boss, any update on MFD export? Having the Tomcat displays on a tablet would be a wet dream for me!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

On 2/11/2021 at 11:12 AM, 51TH-Dick said:

😍

In order to "totally forget" our mouse during the flight "attack" phase, the lonely switch remaining (after a "soon master modes implementation" 😁) will be the Master Arm.

If you have a lot of time to spend and absolutely want to create a brand new panel (🤣), during the "take off, approach and landing phase", several switches, mainly on and around the "Gear Panel", would be very useful like Gear and H²O of course, with anti-skid and gear lights. (using the mouse and your eyes inside the cockpit in downwind, reducing speed below 250kts at 600ft may be "dangerous" in this aircraft ... 😜)

The only indicator missing at this time is, perhaps, the fuel panel but, unlike the warning panel (too small), the fuel panel is easily "readable" directly in the cockpit.

For Harrier, I have a few more plans and a few additional panels will definitely appear, as for the additional switches and indicators you are talking about, I have to think how to do it to make it meaningful.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:15 AM, GunSlingerAUS said:

hey boss, any update on MFD export? Having the Tomcat displays on a tablet would be a wet dream for me!

A bit of ED crosses my plans with the planned change of the graphical API. I know it's a very good move to change the graphics engine because it will increase performance and DCS will definitely be more optimized but it will result in "incompatibility" (if I can call it that) with the stream application because they are two different engines. It seems to me that the better move is to work on the support of the new API

I installed the DCS UFC on my old Galaxy Note and fired up the F-14.  I was pleasantly surprised to see it work on the first try. Right away I got out my 1st gen Galaxy Note and tried to install it.  Success!  Now I can see all of the warnings/alarms and Engine/fuel without tilting my head down for the TrackIR.

Brilliant and Well done Pet333r.

• Like 1