DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Dear Piotr

Thank you for your helpful replies.

I found 2 issues that I corrected:

1. the Ip address that I put in the Config.lua was the IP address of my computer , and from your last email I understood that it should be the IP of the Android tablet, so I corrected it accordion (in the installed software of the DCS UFC application , under the setting the IP address must be the IP of the computer.

after I corrected the IP address in the config.lua and operated the both software applications (in the android the DCS UFC and in the computer dcs_openbeta the UFC still didn't react , no any connection between the android and the tablet even i restarted the both applications again.

so I entered Export.lua and moved the 2 first lines that belong to the DCS UFC from the top of the Export.lua to the end, i also enabled the other lines of the Stream Deck , and everything now worked perfect !!!

My Export.lua file look now as the following:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local dwlfs=require('lfs');

dofile(dwlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DEVICEWORKS\DEVICEWORKS.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');

dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest to you to highlight for the other users (via the blog or in your instruction, that the IP address in the Config.lua must be the IP of the tablet, and the IP in the tablet nus be the IP of the computer which the DCS simulator installed there.

as you see from my Export.lua file , the DCS UFC android application working with the DCS BIOS, TACVIEW, STREAM DECK external 6 monitors ....,

Thank you very much again , for great software application , and thank you very much for your great support,:)

This is very good and important news that it also works with StreamDeck. I will add information about it in the script installation instructions and an example of the Export.lua file. I couldn't check it myself because I don't have StreamDeck. Thanks for the great info

Hi.

I got this a couple of months ago and not installed it yet as I don't own a tablet.

Tablets. WOW they are expensive and underspec'd!!!

Question: Will this run without much hassle on an Amazon Tablet. They seem much better value, but obviously they are in the Amazon ecosystem which isn't good.

TIA

Mr R.

Hi.

I got this a couple of months ago and not installed it yet as I don't own a tablet.

Tablets. WOW they are expensive and underspec'd!!!

Question: Will this run without much hassle on an Amazon Tablet. They seem much better value, but obviously they are in the Amazon ecosystem which isn't good.

TIA

Mr R.

Amazon tablets do not have a Play store as standard, but as far as I know, it can be additionally installed. You can also look for something used, maybe you will find something good for little money

Amazon tablets do not have a Play store as standard, but as far as I know, it can be additionally installed. You can also look for something used, maybe you will find something good for little money

This is correct pet333r, that is precisely how I run your app.

It is fantastic btw, I have yet to have any problems with it at all!

@Treker, The MFD/Radar screens are a whole different coding animal compared to the simple graphics and interactions the app currently supports. With that being said, Pet33r has hinted that he's working on it, but I suspect it will be a while before that functionality is added.

Greetings,

I am also having issues with your app "stepping on" DCS-Export scripts that use with ctytler's Stream Deck plugin.

Here is my main Export.lua:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

local lfs=require('lfs');dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

In this state, stream deck is working, but your app isn't. If I were to move your export line to be below DCS-ExportScript, your app would work, but Stream Deck wouldn't.

I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

This is excellent, thank you! Any chance of SPO-15 display?

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Greetings,

I am also having issues with your app "stepping on" DCS-Export scripts that use with ctytler's Stream Deck plugin.

Here is my main Export.lua:

In this state, stream deck is working, but your app isn't. If I were to move your export line to be below DCS-ExportScript, your app would work, but Stream Deck wouldn't.

I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Do you use DCS-ExportScript only for StreamDeck? If so, the script should be able to turn off individual sending options and leave only sending data to StreamDeck.Maybe it will help

Do you use DCS-ExportScript only for StreamDeck? If so, the script should be able to turn off individual sending options and leave only sending data to StreamDeck.Maybe it will help

Yes. I only use it for Streamdeck. Could you provide more detail about "turn off individual sending options...". Where/how would I do that?

Yes. I only use it for Streamdeck. Could you provide more detail about "turn off individual sending options...". Where/how would I do that?

How you have DCS-ExportScript set up that you can use StreamDeck together with the application? You changed something in this script's configuration files, etc.

Can this be used online or does the integrity check stop you?

Thanks.

Works with multiplayer. The "Allow player export: true" option must be enabled on the server. From what I've seen, about 95% of servers have this option turned on

Firstly, well done on this and I'm loving it.

With being able to swipe between panels is it also possible to have the MFDs as part of the swipable set for a given aircraft module, rather than having to go all the way up to the root menu of the app and then go into MFD?

Also, would it be possible to add some visual indicator of which MFD is currently the selected one? The only way currently seems to be to open the selection dialog box up.

Firstly, well done on this and I'm loving it.

With being able to swipe between panels is it also possible to have the MFDs as part of the swipable set for a given aircraft module, rather than having to go all the way up to the root menu of the app and then go into MFD?

Also, would it be possible to add some visual indicator of which MFD is currently the selected one? The only way currently seems to be to open the selection dialog box up.

Moving to the MFD is possible from the UFC panel to the left (example: for the F/A-18 UFC panel you swipe to the left, same for Viper, A-10 or Harrier)

Nice idea to add an indicator of which MFD is supported, it may be useful, I will add

Moving to the MFD is possible from the UFC panel to the left (example: for the F/A-18 UFC panel you swipe to the left, same for Viper, A-10 or Harrier)

Nice idea to add an indicator of which MFD is supported, it may be useful, I will add

Excellent, I'll give that a try later.

Also, I noticed that this can happen after updating, I think I know why it is. I will correct it

I just installed the Latest Update,1.0.2020.1010, that seems to have come out on October 15.

Very nice update that now includes the A-10C II and the application startup crash is fixed!

Keep doing what you are doing Piotr - I will buy your next app if/when you build it. LoL.

Suggestion: Weapons Control Panel for older planes like F-5E, F86, MiG19, MiG21 and Warbirds

Cheers

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Liking the app a lot! Let's me stay heads up while working with the A-10C's CDU.

A few suggestions:

• Add an option to add a menu at the top or side of the screen allowing you to "click" and select the active display, as opposed to swiping through them.
  • Add an option to split the A-10C CDU so that it can be displayed horizontally (since it's too tall to practically letterbox).
  • A-10C radio controls.

Also, I spotted a minor bug with the A-10C II CDU display on SYS -> LASTE -> WIND -> WNDEDIT -> PG 2/2: The temperature value shown adjacent to LSK R3 is the presently detected temperature, rather than the temperature that you have entered, as shown below.

9REkcpH.jpg

• Like 1

Liking the app a lot! Let's me stay heads up while working with the A-10C's CDU.

A few suggestions:

[*]Add an option to add a menu at the top or side of the screen allowing you to "click" and select the active display, as opposed to swiping through them.

Good suggestion!

If that is not possible, then a compromise could be to add 2 small, barely visible navigation buttons at the top right and left of the display. That way, 100% of the time, you touch the same spot on the screen for every display when you "touch-click." I noticed with swiping that sometimes I swipe and activate a switch or button instead of completing the next screen swipe.

(Definitely a FIRST WORLD PROBLEM) :thumbsup:

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

A few suggestions:

• Add an option to add a menu at the top or side of the screen allowing you to "click" and select the active display, as opposed to swiping through them.
  • Add an option to split the A-10C CDU so that it can be displayed horizontally (since it's too tall to practically letterbox).
  • A-10C radio controls.

Also, I spotted a minor bug with the A-10C II CDU display on SYS -> LASTE -> WIND -> WNDEDIT -> PG 2/2: The temperature value shown adjacent to LSK R3 is the presently detected temperature, rather than the temperature that you have entered, as shown below.

9REkcpH.jpg

A few suggestions:

[*]Add an option to add a menu at the top or side of the screen allowing you to "click" and select the active display, as opposed to swiping through them.

Good suggestion!

If that is not possible, then a compromise could be to add 2 small, barely visible navigation buttons at the top right and left of the display. That way, 100% of the time, you touch the same spot on the screen for every display when you "touch-click." I noticed with swiping that sometimes I swipe and activate a switch or button instead of completing the next screen swipe.

(Definitely a FIRST WORLD PROBLEM) :thumbsup:

1. I will consider how it could be sensibly added, it seems to me that an additional option in the settings with the selection of the switching mode (buttons / gestures) only needs to be reasonably planned on each panel so that it does not overlap with other switches

2. I am planning to add a horizontal version of the CDU

3. Radio also in plans, not only for the A-10C:thumbup:

As for the display error on the CDU, the lines must be mistaken in the script

• Like 1

Glad to hear it!

Regarding the bug, do you mean that it's on the DCS end and not the app end?

No, it is in the script (e.g. -11 instead of the 2nd line -> it is displayed on the 3rd line, I need to look at the files in A-10C and compare with the script)