DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Yesterday the only reaction was button pressing on tablet was being received by in game modules. Images from module displays in game were not showing on tablet.

I regret that now nothing is working.

The tablet app is not registering anything in game, displays in game are not showing on tablet app.

No address changes have been made. PC still has original address/tablet address is as it was.

Tested with F-18/A-10C/Harrier

Yesterday the only reaction was button pressing on tablet was being received by in game modules. Images from module displays in game were not showing on tablet.

I regret that now nothing is working.

The tablet app is not registering anything in game, displays in game are not showing on tablet app.

No address changes have been made. PC still has original address/tablet address is as it was.

Tested with F-18/A-10C/Harrier

It's best to send me the entire Scripts folder from DCS, I will check if you have everything there. Always before every update I check if everything is ok, receive data, etc.

Check device IP and network

Glacier;4345470']I saw a mention in a different thread that some of the export codes have changed. I haven't verified the statement, but if true, that could explain it.

I also noticed in the JF-17, the 8 UFC arrow keys no longer send a code through your script tester. Related perhaps?

Where did you see it, can you send a link?

edit: I tested all modules and every button, everything is ok

Edited by pet333r

Cannot attach zip to email

I sent you an email, not all files were updated. Also check your tablet's IP address because you recently had 192.168.1.65 and you said it has not changed and in the Config.lua file you have 192.168.1.66

Check the tablet's IP address and change it if it is different

Hi, please check this picture and let me know I have this correct?

d9dbd8533bbccd5b3e23a23a18ea0922.jpg

I have entered tablet IP in device 2 section and not changed the port settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, please check this picture and let me know I have this correct?

d9dbd8533bbccd5b3e23a23a18ea0922.jpg

I have entered tablet IP in device 2 section and not changed the port settings.

You enter the IP address (192.168.1.177) of your computer in the DCS UFC settings, in config.lua set Your Android device IP

Thanks, please confirm I understand this correctly - You are saying what I have done is not correct?

I need to enter the PC ip into the app on the tablet, and then the android device IP where i have entered the PC ip. And then delete my changes to device 2 section, is that right?

What is the start up procedure to get it all working?

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thanks, please confirm I understand this correctly - You are saying what I have done is not correct?

I need to enter the PC ip into the app on the tablet, and then the android device IP where i have entered the PC ip. And then delete my changes to device 2 section, is that right?

What is the start up procedure to get it all working?

Thanks!

I understand that your Android's IP address is 192.168.1.245, the configuration you have now will also work, only in group 1 you have set to send "yourself" and there is no need

example:

if you use one Android device then:

you enter the Android IP address in the device 1 "group", in others you can change the property ExportScript.Config.Export2 / Export3 / Export4 from "true" to "false" then the script will send data only to the first one

how it works:

you are starting DCS

you run DCS UFC and select the panel of the machine you are currently in

that's all:smilewink:

Great thanks. Will try this out in the morning.

Great, all working fine, nice app, thank you....

One question, re the F-16 DED - seems to be disabled , why is this ? Would be great to have both side by side in the landscape orientation

Great, all working fine, nice app, thank you....

One question, re the F-16 DED - seems to be disabled , why is this ? Would be great to have both side by side in the landscape orientation

DED is displayed in portrait mode together with ICP, I did so not to lose space in landscape mode because some can use the application on devices with a smaller screen and then little would be visible on the screen

Ok, thanks, in the settings, why does it say ded disabled under F-16C (DED /ICP)

When I turn the tablet to portrait, the DED does not appear?

Ok, thanks, in the settings, why does it say ded disabled under F-16C (DED /ICP)

When I turn the tablet to portrait, the DED does not appear?

This option does not display DED in portrait mode when is enabled

But if you don't want to use DED on your device, it's best to set the property:

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF16 from "true" to "false" in the Config.lua file,

then this data will not be sent from the PC to Android (less information for processing by the device > better performance/longer battery life)

ok, so what do I need to do to get the DED and ICP together, thx

ok, so what do I need to do to get the DED and ICP together, thx

You do not need to do anything after installing the application. DED is displayed in portrait mode, also the option you mentioned in the settings must be off (if you changed it) and in the config.lua file:

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF16 = true

Time to grab a couple of small tablets for virtual F-14 buttons! Any chance we can get some more Tomcat panels?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Time to grab a couple of small tablets for virtual F-14 buttons! Any chance we can get some more Tomcat panels?

Yes, I try to expand the application as much as possible and add the most necessary panels, but I need some time to do so

Re: Most Appropriate Tablet Screen Size

I'm going to buy a couple of Android tablets to use this app as virtual switch boxes for the F-14. Can I ask what the most appropriate tablet screen size would be? I'm assuming hardware performance, and resolution requirements are minimal? I don't want to spend more on these tablets than I have to. Btw, I'd be happy to pay extra for a couple more customized Tomcat panels ������

Hi GunSlingerAUS,

Thanks for using DCS UFC - the more of us that use it, the more cool updates we will get.

Re: Tablet Screen Size - It all depends on how much space you have in your "Cockpit."

-7"- 8" and above-

I find 7," and 8" tablets like the Nexus 7 and Samsung Tab E are perfect for MFD, UFC, CDU and IPC, etc.. I have older eyes now, and that size is ideal for entering numbers and clicking small buttons. You will need Android 4.1 or better.

-5" and below -

I recently discovered that an Old Samsung Note3 is the perfect size for the Warning Panel of the F-14 and the other modules. You will need Android 4.1 or better.

If you want to use the free DCS AoA Indexer app, you can easily use any old Android phone as long as you can update the ROM to Android 7 or higher. (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267595)

Cheers.

JFF.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I'm going to buy a couple of Android tablets to use this app as virtual switch boxes for the F-14. Can I ask what the most appropriate tablet screen size would be? I'm assuming hardware performance and resolution requirements are minimal? I don't want to spend more on these tablets than I have to. Btw, I'd be happy to pay extra for a couple more customised Tomcat panels ������

@YSIAD_RIP added some of his insights:smilewink:

you know ... it's all up to you

as for me: large screens work well with panels with a lot of buttons or information to display (A-10C CDU, F/A-18C UFC, Harrier but also 2x MFD in horizontal mode)

on smaller ones you can display e.g. warning panels

requirements: Android 4.1 and newer (I test myself on an 8-year tablet), no high-end hardware is required but it is known that faster will always be better

you can also check my other DCS AoA Indexer application, but it requires Android 7 because the application uses vector graphics (only supported from this version of Android), such a small minus but it will look good on any device

what in the future ..?

I am finishing M2000 (INS and PCA), A-10C CMSC, A-10C CMSP with warning panel, F/A-18C fuel / bingo, JF-17 AAP

all this is in progress, and much more is planned

what could I add to F-14 by you?

in addition, when I have some free time I make panels for machines that are not yet released for DCS hehe:smilewink:

Hi pet333r, sorry, but I can’t get the DED to appear in portrait.....here is my config:

7e3fe0d01c1f22584c9cdd688eafc190.jpg

I have tried both options in the settings.

With “DED displayed” showing, the button is to the left and greyed out.

92be899bc2ebe7dfe1ac609bd5064177.jpg

In the app, no DED

If I select the button, so it’s to the right and blue, the text says “DED disabled”

6ebb12db0dc672645b6f0bc30fc165a5.jpg

In the app, still no DED

75e220fdef5a96c687bce4f7352ba263.jpg

So I don’t know what is wrong. Config setting says true as you advise in post 191.

Thanks

"in DCS UFC Settings try to enable (F-16C DED/ICP) then disable it, and restart app"

Was having same issue. I touched nothing else but for the little purple dot in tablet end of app.

Like it says above. I moved the dot to the left and display now appears.

( not the prettiest display, but usable )