DCS OB still not running...

Wiesel02

I have posted the issues as a response to another thread that dealt with antivirus problems, and meantime it was classified as [NO BUG]...so I am repeating here, but not related to antivirus issues.

The antivirus problems are gone for some reason, but DCS OB still gets hangs at start up and is simply unusable.

Only the first start is successful, and only if the saved games folder "DCS.openbeta" does not yet exist before the program start. If it exists already at the time I start DCS OB then DCS gets stuck on the startup screen and that's it. Always. It is not possible to do the initial settings, like screen resolution changes for instance, because all settings changes that require a restart of DCS will lead to hang-up-start as the "DCS.openbeta" folder exists already. No chance to get out anyhow but killing the DCS process.

So, this is NOT solved for me.

DCS OB doesn't run since the update to 2.5.6. No issues whatsoever before that change.

Please, any ideas?

I'd try to exclude from the AV not only the DCS program folder, but also the Saved Games folder, like this:

6bssOzA.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs log it should give us some clues

it can be found in saved games dcs logs folder

you will need to change the file from a .log to a .txt to attach it here.

alternatively contact support directly with your dcs log

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

please attach your dcs log it should give us some clues

it can be found in saved games dcs logs folder

you will need to change the file from a .log to a .txt to attach it here.

alternatively contact support directly with your dcs log

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

Hi,

I just made another startup and here's the log file.

dcs.txt