Helicopter EFM Demo

• 2 weeks later...

if you need some support for the textures I coud try to help out if you like. however it would need mapping unwrap or material assignment from the original model. did you model in 3D max? which version. I could also do the argument to hide the loadout.

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded a new version to the original post. Most of the changes were moving systems from lua to EFM but I've also decreased the pitch force when at high speed.

Changelog:

0.2 16 June 2020

- Added M880 digital clock display

- Removed some unused key commands + fixed missing view commands for joystick

- Moved engine and electric system from lua to EFM to provide better working example

- Reduced pitch back at high speed

- Cleaned up source code and reorganized

- Updated DCS API (wHumanCustomPhysicsAPI) with newest version

There is someone who is currently in the process of texturing the external but no time frame on when that could be done.

Edited by nibbylot

Hi nibbylot,

Thanks for all the hard work so far. Having a Helicopter EFM Open Source is such a great thing! Pretty sure you have many contributors or people that wanna help in this project :]. If any other aid in shading and texturing is necessary, I would be happy to collaborate in case my help is also welcome :].

Best

Edited by Grajo

Hello, nibbylot!

Thanks for your grate job! I found some sadly bug: when Increase N1 RPM to 100% and get above 100%, the N1 RPM return to 60%. With it go down the power of engine.

And some one else: when Increase N1 RPM to 100%, the chopper begin turn on the spot. But the engine control knob stay on start position (by 0).

I'm looking forward next update your great mod!

installation on stable release 2.5.6.49798

Hello,

Thank you for your job.

I put the folder in my saved game/..... like other mod. But it won't appear in the editor.

Is there any problem with the last stable DCS's version?

thank you

1d100

Living together is the greatest challenge of the human

Hello there :)

Love your work and and I am very happy that someone is making a mod that can help other people start modding DCS.

Have you ever thought about starting community guide for DCS modding? Something similiar that ARMA community has, a wiki where everyone could check different aspects of modding DCS.

If such a thing exists already, sorry for me not knowing about it :)

Hi,

I'm really glad that the project is in development.

How to create a basic template?

Please add control the RPM on the axis.

Thank you for the update of the AH-6J.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Just took my first Helo flight in this, have to say it was great. couple things I noticed:

I cant get the ground crew to rearm on the instant action missions, is this a limitation of the lack of access to the comms SDK? -Figured out I need to shut down.

Theres no axis for throttle.

If you throttle over 100% it reverts to 50% this can be embarrassing.

Having never flown a helo before I couldnt comment too much on the flight model beyond once I got it going forward it was great fun and showed that my collective works nicely so I will be doing some more time in your Littlebird until the Kiowa launches

Edited by shu77
Stuff I worked out

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

So having not flown any of the other DCS Helo modules I would be very interested how this compares to something like the Huey or MI8 from someone thats flown both,

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Throttle already can be assigned the axis, it works.thank you.

A little fly in the Littlebird, and I have to commend the flight model on the early version behaves :thumbup: impressively.

Vaidug7zwac

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

great job!!

So nice, a very beautifull chopper!

I notice when i use machine gun a very effect with the chopper, and the same thing with rocket. I don't now, if it is realistic but very difficult to shot anything.

thank you again for the job

Living together is the greatest challenge of the human

Throttle already can be assigned the axis, it works.thank you.

A little fly in the Littlebird, and I have to commend the flight model on the early version behaves :thumbup: impressively.

Vaidug7zwac

Hey thanks for showing me that this does actually work well if you know what you are doing!

cw1.png

Can't contribute anything other than moral support. This is a great mod and thanks fore sharing. The controls are excellent, 100 times better than the gazelle around the centre of the stick - I can actually feel like I can control this. Well done, lad

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have to say I found I spent my weekend taking this for flights around the maps and spotting all sorts of details I never noticed at 350knots while I practiced my transitions to and from hover and fine detail stuff like trying to 'taxi' to the runway for a departure or threading between smoke stacks. Its really starting to tempt me to just to buy the Huey as a next step while I wait for the Kiowa. ED should seriously consider it as an 'official' free module to get people started on Helicopters. most of my work is in documentation for DCS, but would be quite happy to dive into some code to try and assist if you are looking at progressing the module along.

Things I would suggest for the dev list:

Further Engine management.

Refined damage model

Pilot model

Trim/autopilot features.

obviously would be nice if ED would make you official and give you access to the SDK for comms. but this has been the most fun I've had with DCS for a long while.

Some cockpit references that seem to reflect your model

Kitty_Hawk_AH-6J_MH-6J_43_grande.jpg

Though I have to say I like this version:

2067.jpg

Edited by shu77

cw1.png