[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]DDIs and HUD stop working

kreisch

Hey guys,

My squadmates told me about a strange bug they encountered a few minutes ago.

They did a usual startup and flight in the hornet and after a few minutes (about 10-15 into the mission) the MFDs stopped working - for everyone!

The content of the MFDs/DDIs froze and the HUD froze as well.

After this happened, the MFDs/DDIs were frozen for everyone joining the server, even after they restarted DCS.

See the attached logfiles (due to size I use a G-Drive link)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iWOfWh5UCQv7Fyf2tVnJ-ZqantMCL-KT

BR,

kreisch

Additional Screenshot of the bug after I encountered the problem:

MLLopA5.png

And another track file. DDIs and HUD freeze right at the end of the .trk:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KgffLNMIx-aQbsGGSvXU97QTR9GJ3LB9

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

I had this happen the other night while I was in IFA, as soon as I switched to Nav they started working again, is this the same issue?

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

• 6 months later...

I think I've experienced the same issue twice in single player (Raven One campaign).

HUD frozen and not updating, some DDI/MFD buttons not working, and could not access menu (change function) for any DDI/MFD. Tried cycling nav and gear as suggested but nothing helped.

It was really weird and inconsistent between displays: for instance I could select a different store or FLIR mode, but couldn't change the HSI waypoint.

I think I've experienced the same issue twice in single player (Raven One campaign).

HUD frozen and not updating, some DDI/MFD buttons not working, and could not access menu (change function) for any DDI/MFD. Tried cycling nav and gear as suggested but nothing helped.

It was really weird and inconsistent between displays: for instance I could select a different store or FLIR mode, but couldn't change the HSI waypoint.

i have seen this exact thing multiple times, but it was due to damage. for some reason, if you get hit in a certain way, displays "freeze" but only partially. some thing can be switched, some cant. i always thought its because the damage model is not really modeled.

i have never seen it happen for no reason or collectively in multiplayer like OP says.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

i have seen this exact thing multiple times, but it was due to damage. for some reason, if you get hit in a certain way, displays "freeze" but only partially. some thing can be switched, some cant. i always thought its because the damage model is not really modeled.

i have never seen it happen for no reason or collectively in multiplayer like OP says.

Same here. I got hit by few rounds from a gun boat and the MC went out. The HUD was stuck at 45 deg. bank, so I had to shut it down. DDI's went blank but not at the same time. NAV was gone but the RWR was working so I limped back to the BG guiding on their radars... This was in SP.

They might be looking at a different issue though, all players joining the session experienced it.

Edited by Gripes323