No Run.exe after update

The only execs DCS uses to launch, are dcs.exe and dcs_updater.exe. They should be there in BIN folder, and if they aren't, in usually means either windows defender, or any other antivirus moved them to quarantine.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The only execs DCS uses to launch, are dcs.exe and dcs_updater.exe. They should be there in BIN folder, and if they aren't, in usually means either windows defender, or any other antivirus moved them to quarantine.

DCS_updater.exe throws an error, and

DCS.Exe stays on Black screen (does not load)

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

I found mine in the above. How/why it is there, I have no clue. That's not where it is in the Updater.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

I found mine in the above. How/why it is there, I have no clue. That's not where it is in the Updater.

It's always been there, though, together with DCS_Updater.exe. That's their correct location, at least in webshop DCS version, although I think Steam version should be the same.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2.5.6 upgraded a lot of the engine components, many dlls don't exist anymore and some are new, the old protection is also removed completely that's why you will not see dcs_protect.dll, a10_protect.dll, CombinedArms_protect.dll, and fc3_protect.dll, which is great because these things caused constant spikes on CPU, but not on the main thread so normally wasn't noticable.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It's always been there, though, together with DCS_Updater.exe. That's their correct location, at least in webshop DCS version, although I think Steam version should be the same.

So, would it be OK to move or copy the exe file to where I have always seen it in the Open Beta folder?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I wouldn't copy it. Just put a shortcut in your main folder. You know how to make a shortcut?

Of course. I had already done that. But, that gives you a folder icon, rather than a DCS icon.

TWC_SLAG

we removed the file.

Then what happened? You now have no way to open DCS?

TWC_SLAG

• ED Team
Then what happened? You now have no way to open DCS?

Run.exe was never the way to open DCS. Or was it (old installers may be)?

It was only for Steam to automatically choose 32/64 bit binaries.

Official shortcuts point to bin/DCS_updater.exe

But you may also use bin/DCS.exe directly if you don't want automatic updates.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.