SimFFB 3.2 enhanced Version for FFB users

Malexx

So in case there are FFb users which dont know this version exists I want to put the link for a SimFFB Fork here which is great for the KA 50.

https://github.com/joeyjojojunior/simFFB

The main difference is:

Separate Spring/Damper/Friction Settings: allows for independent settings for instantaneous trimmer on/off.

Spring Force / Damper Force / Friction Force: applied when instantaneous trimmer on.

Spring Force 2 / Damper Force 2 / Friction Force 2: applied when instantaneous trimmer off.

Before the KA 50 was no fun to fly with a FFB stick, cause you lost all forces on the Stick when constant trimming.

This is over, you can adjust spring, dampers and friction now independent.

Thanks joeyjojojunior for setting up this fork, it really gives more fun now to fly the KA50.

So in case there are FFb users which dont know this version exists I want to put the link for a SimFFB Fork here which is great for the KA 50.

https://github.com/joeyjojojunior/simFFB

The main difference is:

Separate Spring/Damper/Friction Settings: allows for independent settings for instantaneous trimmer on/off.

Spring Force / Damper Force / Friction Force: applied when instantaneous trimmer on.

Spring Force 2 / Damper Force 2 / Friction Force 2: applied when instantaneous trimmer off.

Before the KA 50 was no fun to fly with a FFB stick, cause you lost all forces on the Stick when constant trimming.

This is over, you can adjust spring, dampers and friction now independent.

Thanks joeyjojojunior for setting up this fork, it really gives more fun now to fly the KA50.

Thank you for this!

I have a sidwinder FF2 joystick and would love to know how to make better use of it...

Could you please elaborate some more on how to use it effectively?

What are all the options mean?

Does it influence other planes?

is it working only while running in the background or its a one time setup?

Thank you again :thumbup:

Callsign   SETUP

fob

Hi,

iam also flying only MSffB2 Sticks.

The SImFFb Software is useful if you fly Helicopter.

For Warbirds I recommend the ingame FFb settings without SimFFB.

For Helicopter,leave FFb enabled ingame and set the Force to 0.

Load up SimmFFB

Start your game. If Stick is loose up the SimFFb window once and set init input in the menu and you should feel the forces on your stick. go back to the game.

Lets take the KA50. You fly this helicopter most of time trimmed. For short maneuvers etc you press the trimmer constantly and make your maneuver or set your course. The moment you press your trimmer constantly you loose all force on your stick and its pretty difficult to control the helicopter.

Now you can set up your stick forces for this state of continuous trimmer, so you dont have a loose stick and can control the helicopter way better.

This works pretty well for the Huey too.

So for the Joysticks set up both too your sidewinder.

Spring, Damper and friction for the first Joystick is for normal state.

I have set mine to 65, 10,10 but I have a modded Stick with stronger motors, so you have to fiddle around a bit for yourself.

Spring2, Damper2 and Friction2 is for the state of constantly pressing the trimm button. I have set mine a little lower than stick one 55,5,5.

Open up your device settings for the sidewinder and look which numbers are assigned to which button and choose which button you want for trimm and Center.

For trimm you can choose to hold the button or to toggle. I always choose hold and mine is set to button 1.

Center Joystick is set to button 3 on my sidewinder. You have to set these button ingame too for trim and reset trim.

Init D Input set "backspace" or similar to reset and initiate all bindings and forces.

Swap Axis is checked.

I hope its understandable what I have written, English is not my native language so ......

• 2 months later...

Great post! Thanks for highlighting this Malexx

I have been using SimFFB for DCS and Xplane for some time now and would like to make use of the new modification options.

How can I get this version of SimFFB to work? Can I install it? Does it also work in Xplane?

thanks for your help?

Edited by PHMAC

Hi,

iam also flying only MSffB2 Sticks.

The SImFFb Software is useful if you fly Helicopter.

For Warbirds I recommend the ingame FFb settings without SimFFB.

For Helicopter,leave FFb enabled ingame and set the Force to 0.

Load up SimmFFB

Start your game. If Stick is loose up the SimFFb window once and set init input in the menu and you should feel the forces on your stick. go back to the game.

Lets take the KA50. You fly this helicopter most of time trimmed. For short maneuvers etc you press the trimmer constantly and make your maneuver or set your course. The moment you press your trimmer constantly you loose all force on your stick and its pretty difficult to control the helicopter.

Now you can set up your stick forces for this state of continuous trimmer, so you dont have a loose stick and can control the helicopter way better.

This works pretty well for the Huey too.

So for the Joysticks set up both too your sidewinder.

Spring, Damper and friction for the first Joystick is for normal state.

I have set mine to 65, 10,10 but I have a modded Stick with stronger motors, so you have to fiddle around a bit for yourself.

Spring2, Damper2 and Friction2 is for the state of constantly pressing the trimm button. I have set mine a little lower than stick one 55,5,5.

Open up your device settings for the sidewinder and look which numbers are assigned to which button and choose which button you want for trimm and Center.

For trimm you can choose to hold the button or to toggle. I always choose hold and mine is set to button 1.

Center Joystick is set to button 3 on my sidewinder. You have to set these button ingame too for trim and reset trim.

Init D Input set "backspace" or similar to reset and initiate all bindings and forces.

Swap Axis is checked.

I hope its understandable what I have written, English is not my native language so ......

Interesting, what motors did you upgrade to ??

I am running a modified FFB2 as well......

20200513_005025.thumb.jpg.d8d4282caf88b7e80988e886e3df053d.jpg

Hi,

there is a compiled version now which works out of the box.

Nice Stick Phantom_Mark.

Iam running 2 Sticks now with Extentions and there is no need to change motors. The original one are pretty strong. Just more resistance to the potis.

Even with extentions there is so muich power on the motors that i need sometimes two hands.

Edit: i see now i wrote stronger motors, sorry what i meant are thge potis!!!

IMG_1277.thumb.jpg.dd47f879232b6e60a81097b4b6644bd4.jpg

IMG_1278.thumb.jpg.aefad37044172ad31580ae1a6cf6a028.jpg

Edited by Malexx

Hi,

Nice Stick Phantom_Mark.

Iam running 2 Sticks now with Extentions and there is no need to change motors. The original one are pretty strong. Just more resistance to the potis.

Even with extentions there is so muich power on the motors that i need sometimes two hands.

Edit: i see now i wrote stronger motors, sorry what i meant are thge potis!!!

Nice work there, I could really do with that handle extender mod myself now, I was worried it would be too much for the base unit tho I must be honest, hence i never did it.

Do you mean you have simply increased the FFB power ?

I have a complete stick in parts I kept just for a rainy day thankfully, so spare motors and gears etc , I retained the twist rudder in my setup as well, as I can't be bothered with pedals tbh.

Hi,

That's good news!...Can you tell me where to find it? I tried to find it myself but I can't seem to find it.

I have tried to compile it myself with MS Visual Studio and I managed to get it running but as soon as I uninstall Visual Studio it doesn't work anymore.

I just don't know what I'm doing...:wallbash:

I hope you can help me.

can they make any additional ffb efects like landing, stall, rolling etc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi Malexx thanks for your work, could you possibly add a modfier button to the reset button so that i would trim with button 3 and use my modifier and button 3 to reset the trim? I got used to use modifiers within dcs in that way. Lock with a button, modifier with same button to unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

download

That's good news!...Can you tell me where to find it? I tried to find it myself but I can't seem to find it.

I have tried to compile it myself with MS Visual Studio and I managed to get it running but as soon as I uninstall Visual Studio it doesn't work anymore.

I just don't know what I'm doing...:wallbash:

I hope you can help me.

download is here:

https://github.com/joeyjojojunior/simFFB/releases

Hi Malexx thanks for your work, could you possibly add a modfier button to the reset button so that i would trim with button 3 and use my modifier and button 3 to reset the trim? I got used to use modifiers within dcs in that way. Lock with a button, modifier with same button to unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

iam not the creator of this, I just fiddle around with the software.

Anyway, dont know if I understand you right. You can handle the modifier within dcs.

that's bad. I would like to feel VRS effect with the stick, rolling on runway, hard landing etc.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi,

iam not the creator of this, I just fiddle around with the software.

Anyway, dont know if I understand you right. You can handle the modifier within dcs.

Yeah i know for example with the ms ffb2 standalone i would use button 8 as my modifier button in dcs. But i would have to set a button to reset the trim in the simffb software where i would also like to use button 8 as a modifier to set and reset the trim with the same button in my case button 3. So button 3 for trimming and button 8+3 to reset the trim.

But i would have to use a different button to reset the trim in the simffb software as it is right now. Maybe my problem is obsolete if the DCS ingame bindings overwrite the simffb bindings and thats what you wanna tell me.

But i would like to use 2 buttons to reset the trim. :)

Sorry if i wasn't clear enough, not a native speaker. :)

Thank you!

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 2 weeks later...

This looks fantastic, but I'm not sure if I set it up right.

I choose my MS FFB2 in both drop down list. I choose button 2 as trim button. And some button >10. Because I don't do reset and like to hold when trimming.

But when I click the button the program crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This looks fantastic, but I'm not sure if I set it up right.

I choose my MS FFB2 in both drop down list. I choose button 2 as trim button. And some button >10. Because I don't do reset and like to hold when trimming.

But when I click the button the program crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Shouldn't crash. I can upload you my compiled version.

This version just enhances the Original version with some useful Helo settings.

As written, this is primary for Helos since you override the ingame FFB and won't have any rumble etc. but its perfect for Choppers.

Shouldn't crash. I can upload you my compiled version.

This version just enhances the Original version with some useful Helo settings.

As written, this is primary for Helos since you override the ingame FFB and won't have any rumble etc. but its perfect for Choppers.

Okay. I downloaded the latest I found on Github.

Yeah, I only gonna use it on helos, and I did read the description there, and what you wrote here! Thanks!

Sounds like something I want!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thanks this is useful, I like that you can keep some of the force feedback spring tension while trimming.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, for me the MS FFB2 works. I have a G940 too, but when I click the button assigned to Hold, the program crashes and I feel nothing in the stick.

I tried an old Logitech Wingman force 3D Force Feedback and the soft works.

Edited by Ricou
new informations