Weird AI behavior in Mission 8.2

It took me a large number of tries to complete mission 8.2 in the MiG but I finally finished it recently. My bombing and gunnery need a lot of work! In the process of so many repeats I noticed two issues. This is on 2.5.5 stable. Issue 1: The SU-17 I'm supposed to follow sometimes does not actually make the right turn towards the AO when over Gali. Instead he continues straight ahead and starts attacking targets around the city. This happened when I was flying formation with him on his right side. Perhaps that is the cause. Based on that speculation I started flying more to his left and the problem did not occur. Issue 2: The MLRS units who start firing rockets creating smoke appear to be firing them right into the nearby trees. I don't think there is anything there except trees, but perhaps I'm wrong. Seems like they should be firing at something further away.

In any event I'm greatly enjoying the campaign despite a few hiccups.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Tested the mission the other day, and the Su-17 flew his correct path, and started hitting the units around the MLRS's as he was supposed to. The MLRS's also fired their rockets properly, and yeah they're going for targets pretty far down range. The smoke on their rockets visually burns out really really quick, after a matter of only a couple hundred feet.

I'll run it a few more times to see if the A.I. goes awry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546