DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

Cant remember seeing any pre lauch EA videos with tomcats launching in it , they have been promoting the hornet in it from memory so its not exactly misleading is it?

1:00 minute mark, clearly the HB Tomcat....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that a Tomcat is seen, but I do not see that it is taking off from the new supercarrier.

The video is titled "Supercarrier Preview Video". Can't tell if your being serious or just trying to troll....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

We have every confidence that HB will be able to integrate their F-14 into our development version to allow us to support the Tomcat on Supercarrier. They wish and plan to do this, and this is why our video developer felt confident enough to include it in a video. In fact, we already have all the voice over files to support it. When we say we don't know yet, it is only because it is not done at this time, certainly not indication that it will not be done.

Once we have new news on this, we'll be happy to share it with you.

Thanks

Wags already discussed why the Tomcat was in the preview video.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4180326&postcount=54

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yes, yes, it always "first delay", it always "things can change"...always the same words. Its just another proof for me to not support any EA again.

It's a shame you feel that way. Goodbye and good luck.

486DX w/turbo button

If you want to know the truth of the matter, it's a lack of "Buyer Beware".

I've recently posted, can't remember where, that I intend to ask very specific questions on the included features a module. When it is announced. I am no longer assuming compatibility or the presence of features at Alpha, Beta, or Release state.

I find it more and more incredible, the lack of detail in the marketing of new releases. Looking at the Super Carrier store page, I see no mention of compatibility issues with other naval aviation assets. I don't think there's any reason to expect that a third party module would not be compatible. There was an announcement, a while back, of Razbam doing an A6 Intruder. Am I to assume it won't be compatible?

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Thanks for the Update Wags! Information and news is much appreciated as is the fact that you guys took on this project and it's close to being a reality...delays, bugs, setbacks are all part of the process, and I personally appreciate all you guys do!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chill out people, your buying a module for a game at the end of the day.

Their is a lot worse than it arriving late happening in the world at the moment, and the situation is only going to get worse.

Reality check time, enough said.

Thanks for the update Wags.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Given the state of the world right now I'd fully support all pipeline work including SC being halted indefinitely until Covid-19 has passed. As a business your staff should be at home on lock down with their families, staying healthy and looking after the local community.

Thanks, looking forward! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Thank you for the information Wags.

Just came here to check things out, since I preordered the module from steam where the release date still stands as 25th.

Now take your time, get things done and take care. Delay or not, there will always be whining and pitchforks.

Thanks for the info Wags!

It's possible to keep us informed just changing the original message highlighting with green color maybe the progress of this list?

And about the complain of some customers, I really don't understand why they continues to complain after paying for something that is EA, have the letters saying that everything can change.

Well, thanks again for the update ED Team!

Will it still release on the 25th for Steam? On Steam it still says Release Date: March 25

Just came here to get intel on that.

With all this sitting at home the carrier would be a nice relaxing thing for the evening...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

The date on Steam is just a placeholder. Steam required a date from ED for posting.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Maybe Ed can give them a new palceholder. Maybe they can give some info on steam. but nothing. But they have time to delete messages they dont like.

Maybe the people that are deleting messages that are against forum rules are not the same that decide on release dates?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Maybe Ed can give them a new palceholder. Maybe they can give some info on steam. but nothing. But they have time to delete messages they dont like.

But ok we have 4 weeks to look at the sale and have fun with it. Its almost better then having the supercarrier module ingame.

You seriously think they would announce a delay in the release date for everyone but the people who purchased it on Steam?

I am no Rocket Scientist, but I will take a wild uninformed guess and say that Steam users will get it the same time as it is released to everyone else. You have had the information you require, the module is delayed, go talk to Steam about getting their Website updated because i highly doubt anyone from ED can assist.

They are probably removing messages because of the stupidity of the question and not because they do not like it.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

I appreciate how open ED now is about what they still have to get polished. Wouldn't mind being able to see the bugtracker at all so we could see what's been reported and being worked on already before filing a bug report that might not be necessary anymore, saving lots of time.

Interesting I saw a point regards track playback... which never was working correctly for planes having been on the Stennis as soon as it was moving. Hope to see that fixed as well while you're at it.

This is the first time ED have missed an EA release date for... well years, if ever.

And that just because of internal policy to not release things while a sale is going and not because they didn't manage to have it ready actually.

And TBH: It's not a EA thing to delay a release because of some Unforeseen Consequences (Half Life pun clearly intended). I see this for like 30 years now, literally everywhere.

Even did this myself as a software developer in the past when I still was able to see stars in the sky and mosquitoes buzzing around in my room, because I had to, but unfortunately, I just had bosses that acted like some boys around here, they stopped paying me... rainbowdashwink.png

The real bummer is I will have to wait until April for all the bitches about why early access isn’t perfect....

Yeah, it's hard to wait another two weeks™ for that first class comedy! rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get an update to this list? I hasn't been updated in almost a month. I certainly hope that some progress has been made to resolve these issues in this time...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

After all, we have a PDF file. Knowledge is power ! :weight_lift:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Well the store page on my steam account said this content will unlock in less than an hour from now, (6pm gmt). If it doesn't I'll just wait a little longer. The world isn't gunna end if it doesn't drop today or this week, the next. I'm sure theres some crochet or knitting we can all do in the mean time.

AS ROG G20 CB

I7 6700 3.4ghz

AMD RX 570 8 gb

24 Gb ram

Samsung 500 GB SSD

1TB Hdd