Is I16 still actively maintained?

lwalter

There are obvious bugs, like the missing kneeboard, that haven't been fixed for months. And this forum seems very quiet.

Is the development team still active? Do they have another forum where they want you to register bugs?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

It's very sad, tough I don't regret the purchase .. but I wish the developer had fixed by now the kneeboard and the radio. The only improvement I've seen since June 2019, was the addition of bombs .. nothing else in 9 months. Sad.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
It's very sad, tough I don't regret the purchase .. but I wish the developer had fixed by now the kneeboard and the radio. The only improvement I've seen since June 2019, was the addition of bombs .. nothing else in 9 months. Sad.

Just bought this module and although it is good fun to learn it has some glaring issues which should really have been dealt with by now if that is the case. Really disappointing that they allow this to detract from a really good attempt at a module. :(

Remember the next time you look to buy anything from this dev. It wont be supported after release.

It is being supported, albeit at a really slow pace.

Remember, it's just a single guy and this is not his main job.

The plane is missing a few important features mentioned in this topic, and has some minor-to-moderate problems with systems and aerodynamic, but otherwise is more than flyable.

Dima | My DCS uploads

Yeah for that that its only one guy the I-16 and An-2 is amazing. Only thing i miss is that he doesnt seem very active here, only on FB. But im also pretty sure its not abandoned.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

I just bought his module the day it came out just to support his work. Its a little fun aircraft to fly, and even though its just one guy....far better module than the Hawk.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

The I-16 is one of my favorite aircraft to fly in this sim. Fly it every single day on the AO server. I never missed the kneeboard because I never use them, in any of the planes I fly.

As for the radio, it would be nice, maybe, but the radios in all the WWII aircraft suck and are practically useless online.

It's also a lot of fun in combat scenarios because nothing else can keep up with it in a tight turn. I've had guys drop out of the sky behind me trying to do just that, which is just as exhilarating, to me, as a kill with guns.

That said, this is a fantastic module and a fun aircraft to fly, and I'd hope that anybody who pops into this forum wouldn't think it is full of issues that render it unflyable, or that it is basically abandoned. Because that does not appear to be the case at all.

The plane is missing a few important features mentioned in this topic, and has some minor-to-moderate problems with systems and aerodynamic, but otherwise is more than flyable.

Maybe this is different in Russia, but when you begin taking money for a product, then it becomes a job. Main or side, not my problem. He has an obligation to support the product within a reasonable amount of time. As is pointed out here, he has gone past what people see as that reasonable amount of time. Because this game continues to enable that business model, its customers are frustrated.

IMO, this sort of thing has to be more transparent at time of purchase given the no refunds policy.

Not saying i want to refund this module, far from it, but just glad i bought it discounted.

Maybe ED should add an "about the devs section" to the product page...or just concentrate on improving DCS and ignore this...meh :huh:

The I-16 is a very basic fighter, and I would have expected it to be complete by now. In addition to the gaps stated by others, I think the landing gear functionality is not complete either. As far as I know we have only the simplified handling; not the realistic one. The plane does not have an auto-start function, but I don't miss that. In contrast, I would have expected more complex planes like Mirage, Viggen and Harrier to have that function and they still don't.

I don't regret the purchase of the I-16; it's fun to fly it occasionally and it's always a challenge to land it. But it takes constant effort to keep it flying straight and level, and aiming at your target is difficult; and therefore I fly it rarely.

I have become more selective though and I no longer buy planes from certain 3rd party developers in Early Access any more. I'll wait till they are out of EA and then see what the user community says about them.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

There is an auto-start and i don't understand how the landing gear handling is supposed to be more complicated than it already is. Whats unrealistic about it and where is it simplified?

• Like 1

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

There is an auto-start and i don't understand how the landing gear handling is supposed to be more complicated than it already is. Whats unrealistic about it and where is it simplified?

You are right, it has an auto-start. It's not implemented with a "Macro_sequencies.lua" macro like in the other modules, but that doesn't matter.

The landing gear handling is in fact a simplification if you use the "Landing gear next state" command. The realistic process is described in the Quickstart manual:

1. Gear lock OFF

2. Gear brake OFF

3. Gear (Jaw) direction lever UP

4. Gear handle (crank) rotate forward

5. Gear brake ON

I have tried this process again today, and first thing I noticed is that the command for the "Gear (Jaw) direction lever" is missing. So I created it myself. When I then took off and used the realistic process, the landing gear could not be retracted all the way in. It got stuck in the middle. That's a bug I reported in November 2019 and never saw any reaction to it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4122303&postcount=1

The realistic process to extend the gear is similarly complicated.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

For me it works without any problem, i only use the same "realistic" gear retraction method, but i don't use the keyboard commands. Normally I only had problems with it when I got fast, then it seems to be harder/unable to retract due to the speed.

Wishlist:

yeah i believe you have top keep below 250 otherwise the drag becomes too strong for the lil virtual pilot model to turn the handle (puny human)

In my last test I kept it within 200 km/h and it still got stuck halfway up. I'm using HOTAS/button box switches (no mouse-clicking in the cockpit). When it gets stuck, I have to hit the "Next State" button until I see that it's ready for gear up, and then I can crank it all the way up.

LeCuvier

I found that I had to reverse the commands for Gear Lock and Gear Brake. Now it works.

LeCuvier

Isn't 200 km/h too fast speed for a such WW2 fighter to drop landing gear?

no.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...
We’re getting a radio. Bombs were added a few months ago. It’s just one guy and he’s a 3D/texturing artist

This module is made by one man? Wow, what a spirit!

I am glad that I had purchased this module.