Max Speed?

DW2020

He might have missed the landing gear lever or the speed brake switch.

Or he's just at very high altitude and is looking at his IAS (Indicated Airspeed), when he should rather look at his TAS (True Airspeed) or Mach number.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi All,

Buddy of mine just bought the F-16c and says he cant get it to go above 450 knots, is there some switch he is missing?

Thanks in advance

Blue skies always!

Rattler21

Depends on what alt he is flying, does he read IAS or TAS. But most probably he forgot to rise landing gear.Or he just took plenty of stuff under wings fuel tank, bombs racks and he don't use afterburner. There is afterburner detent in controls iirc.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

How could you set it up so you wouldn't get AB at full throttle?

There’s a setting for afterburner detent. If that setting is enabled you have to push a button to go into afterburner.

I’m second guessing myself now. I know there’s one for the hornet, and I’m pretty sure it’s the same for the viper, but I’m at work so can’t check it out.

There’s a setting for afterburner detent. If that setting is enabled you have to push a button to go into afterburner.

I’m second guessing myself now. I know there’s one for the hornet, and I’m pretty sure it’s the same for the viper, but I’m at work so can’t check it out.

There is, you need to move throttle lever to side to engaged afterburner range, so this option is still realistic.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Ok, a game setting. Not realistic.

If he set that up you'd think he'd make sure it worked. I assume it's not on by default. So, if not set to on then full throttle would get AB.

In real life they have throttle stops they either have to disengage or push past to go into afterburner. Unless your HOTAS has that option then the button is the only way to simulate that.

I dont use this option btw, I’d rather just watch my throttle position in the cockpit and stay below the afterburner zone when I don’t want it. That way I don’t forget in a dogfight

The AB detent is also modeled in game. i.e. you can see the throttle rotate around the detent when you select AB. It's very helpful for those of us with head tracking to look down and easily set Military Power, even without a hardware or software detent. :)

Some modules also have an audio que. Its fairly distinct sounding in the viggen and j17, I dont remember noticing it in the falcon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity and to see if I need to make any throttle adjustments. What speeds are everyone seeing in the SIM?

With 2x wing fuel tanks, AIM9Ms on the wings I am seeing Mach 1.2 full AB straight and level flight at 15k feet ASL