Man what happened

Valar_Morghulis

I suspect you’ll get plenty of enjoyment out of that throttle. I also have a T-50CM (the third version, first with analog slew) and a T-50 (five way hats, second version). Both are fine units but the lack of analog slew kills the T-50 for me.

The main selling points of the WW over VPC for me are the long travel and the finger lifts, plus the Hornet replica grips.

I’ve managed to get workable maps for the WW throttle on the A-10A, A-10C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, and the F/A-18C. I’ve had to be a little creative in compensating for some analog axes and levers that the WW doesn’t have, but it’s workable.

At some point soon, once I’ve refined them, I’ll post the kneeboard pages I created to reference my HOTAS mappings. I created the kneeboards in PowerPoint then ran them through Kneeboard Builder to get the formatting correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I'd love to see a throttle only option. I love the way this looks with the panel (and new one coming).

But for those that do have it (the throttle that is) do you HAVE to mount it to a desk? Can this thing be mounted to a rig from the bottom? That gear box looks tall. I've been fortunate enough to get a motion sim rig but I don't think this thing would mount in a way to make it work.

Man what happened

The side console in my cockpit has two 1x2 wood cross beams covered in velcro near the top, and another at the bottom. There are strips also underneath the WW switch panel and on the very bottom of the throttle, and this is enough to hold the whole thing in place.

75d8a37c194560ea869f0c48cbce1491.jpg

EDIT: I’ll see about removing the top plate and getting a picture of how it’s mounted when I get home from work.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

The throttle grips are swappable, and require you to undo two screws and a cable for each. That said, no other grips have been announced.

They did hint at some point about an F-16 throttle grip, but I've seen nothing concrete about it.

The throttle is fantastic and is worth the money. I haven't even taken the stick out of the packaging though... I have the two TM grips and three different VPC grips, so have no desire to lose that.

RogueSqdn - How are you?

Do you have a F-18 throttle profile or are you using the default Winwing Profile?

My Hotas is coming next week & wanted to asked if you have a custom profile...kindly let me know, thank you :)

Man what happened

I’m doing well, thank you. I work in a repair station for civilian aviation components, so I’m still working right now.

The only thing I’ve done in SimAppPro is to turn down the backlighting.

I HAVE been doing some work in Joystick Gremlin to help with the throttle, such as adding single press/release to some toggles, simulating opening the GEN TIE cover, and simulating the antenna knob on the F-16.

I’ve recently added a Razer Tartarus Pro to my setup, strapping it to a kneeboard on my left side. I plan on using it to manage the kneeboard and view control, so I can cut down on the use of modifiers in DCS.

I won’t mind posting my JG file once I get some of this straightened out. What complicates matters is creating this while accounting for six different stick grips (TM A-10C, TM F/A-18C, VPC WarBRD, VPC VFX, VPC T-50CM2, and RealSimulator F-16SGRH CE).

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Throttle available without the panel?

Browsing these posts, and Winwing's rather cryptic website, and wondering if one can purchase the throttle base without the switch panel? I fly 100% in VR, and don't need all those switches, especially since I have a StreamDeck that handles pretty much everything I need. See image.

1287370026_ScreenShot2020-08-19at3_29_41PM.thumb.png.65f76d8be5e6a41835fd221f7bfce33b.png

Edited by dmwierz

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Browsing these posts, and Winwing's rather cryptic website, and wondering if one can purchase the throttle base without the switch panel? I fly 100% in VR, and don't need all those switches, especially since I have a StreamDeck that handles pretty much everything I need. See image.

I contacted Winwing direct about this. Their reply was no: they will not unbundle the useless switchbox from the great throttle because their cardboard boxes are designed to ship both together. :doh: Yes. Really.

For me that is a deal breaker. Shame. I keep an eye on the situation as if they change their mind and unbundle, provided that there is nothing better on the market by then I will order a throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I contacted Winwing direct about this. Their reply was no: they will not unbundle the useless switchbox from the great throttle because their cardboard boxes are designed to ship both together. :doh: Yes. Really.

For me that is a deal breaker. Shame. I keep an eye on the situation as if they change their mind and unbundle, provided that there is nothing better on the market by then I will order a throttle.

They seem to be an odd company. When I asked them why there are almost no current reviews of their products, they said "we have lost confidence of all reviewers...so we refused all review reqiurement (Sic)", then they said "if you buy our products and make a great review, we can sponsor you according to the result".

I wasn't sure what to make of this, other than to say they would pay me if I produced a positive review. If true, this is really, REALLY not copacetic. Maybe their true meaning got lost in translation.

They even inferred some reviewers who received early versions of their products to review were being paid by competitors, and put out great reviews of their competitor's products around the same time, and this is why they didn't produce positive reviewers of their (Winwing's) products.

Whatever the case may be, I have been very turned off to this company and won't be buying what they sell.

They may make the best product on the market, and honestly, it looks high quality, well-designed, and reasonably priced. Too many other warning bells going off for me.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

TBH it’s the best throttle I’ve ever used in 27 years of flight simming. I understand the hesitation. I had a bit of it, but I ordered on the first batch, day 1, because what I’d seen convinced me it would be a great product.

That said, as for their software, I’m not comfortable with it because it messes with vJoy and doesn’t tell you. I didn’t know until Joystick Gremlin wouldn’t load. I then set my backlight level and uninstalled it, and haven’t had a single issue since.

You’ve made a good point about some of the ethical issues surrounding reviews. I think some of that awkward start came about because of language barriers. But I agree if you’re being asked to accept payment for a positive review, that’s bad.

I just wouldn’t write the actual product off the way you seem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

They probably meant if you write a review as you see fit (honest review) and you drum up a good following that leads to increased sales they will compensate you. Not that they want people to write fake reviews and get paid for them.

What happened was they sent out review units and the reviewers (you can see the videos on youtube) said they didnt think the product was ready yet, so winwing made some changes but not all of the changes the reviewers requested.

So there is now a stalemate, reviewers said make ALL the changes and we will review the product. Winwings stance is we made the changes we thought were necessary based on your feedback and were not sending out more free shit after this headach you've put us through, our products speak for themselves.

The reason you don't hear much from customers about the product is because we're busy flying. Its awesome, works very well and has more than enough buttons to keep anyone happy. I sold my TM and Virpil stuff after I got the Winwing.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

TBH it’s the best throttle I’ve ever used in 27 years of flight simming. I understand the hesitation. I had a bit of it, but I ordered on the first batch, day 1, because what I’d seen convinced me it would be a great product.

That said, as for their software, I’m not comfortable with it because it messes with vJoy and doesn’t tell you. I didn’t know until Joystick Gremlin wouldn’t load. I then set my backlight level and uninstalled it, and haven’t had a single issue since.

You’ve made a good point about some of the ethical issues surrounding reviews. I think some of that awkward start came about because of language barriers. But I agree if you’re being asked to accept payment for a positive review, that’s bad.

I just wouldn’t write the actual product off the way you seem to have.

Fair point. At the end of the day, it's about getting a good product. It's a lot of money to spend, though, and if language issues are an issue now, while they are trying to convince me to buy, what is going to happen should something not be right AFTER my purchase?

Edited by dmwierz

They probably meant if you write a review as you see fit (honest review) and you drum up a good following that leads to increased sales they will compensate you. Not that they want people to write fake reviews and get paid for them.

What happened was they sent out review units and the reviewers (you can see the videos on youtube) said they didnt think the product was ready yet, so winwing made some changes but not all of the changes the reviewers requested.

So there is now a stalemate, reviewers said make ALL the changes and we will review the product. Winwings stance is we made the changes we thought were necessary based on your feedback and were not sending out more free shit after this headach you've put us through, our products speak for themselves.

Yeah, I understand. I've been in contact with several of those who did the original reviews, so I think I get what happened. In any event, though, the people who reviewed the product are the heart and soul of their user base. When somebody is considering their products, a simple YouTube search leads directly to these less-than-laudatory reviews. I know - that's the first thing I did, and when I did, was amazed at how few reviews there were, and that they were almost all a year old (approx). Didn't exactly give me that old warm and fuzzy feeling.

Were I Winwing, I'd work with those people to try and get them to take another shot at it, but to say, as you put it, "our products speak for themselves" seems to be alienating their lead users.

Well with my upcoming outlay of cash for a new Reverb G2 and hopefully a 3080 Ti, I have put my quest for a new throttle on the back burner for this year. My Warthog throttle still doing well and hopefully will continue to do so for the next several months.

But I can tell you, there is no way I would buy a throttle that relied on a third party software running to operate it. I just do not understand that. Both my VKB and Virpil sticks have their own software for customizing, but does not even require that to be running when flying with the stick.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Man what happened

Their app is only required to adjust backlight. After that you can uninstall.

I should clarify on vJoy... I have one device set up for my JG profile. When opening SimAppPro, it creates two additional devices and they all are the same. If you try to open JG with multiple vJoy devices that are the same, it crashes. So I used to have to recreate my vJoy devices after I was done with SimAppPro.

After a firmware update to the throttle that lets it remember backlighting, this is no longer an issue as I can uninstall SimAppPro.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I could do without the stick because the VKB is much better for me, but I love the throttle. The attached button box is extremely useful for me unless I some day build an authentic panel, which is at best years away from happening if it ever does.

If you are torqued because you can't buy the throttle without the button box, just imagine my situation when I decided to get the whole package despite not wanting the stick and less than a week later, they announce the ability to buy the throttle separately. But the throttle is so good that it was worth the extra cost not knowing it would be sold separately so soon. I was going to pay $1,200 for the other high end Hornet throttle that ended up failing and being withdrawn from the market. So, I really saved $300 to get a much better product plus a semi-realistic button panel and an extra stick (that is really nice despite my lack on interest in it).

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was going to pay $1,200 for the other high end Hornet throttle that ended up failing and being withdrawn from the market. So, I really saved $300 to get a much better product plus a semi-realistic button panel and an extra stick (that is really nice despite my lack on interest in it).

At least, that is what you told the wife! :music_whistling:

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least, that is what you told the wife! :music_whistling:

:pilotfly:

When the wife saw the package arrive, she asked what it was and how much it cost. I said it was a new throttle, which cost about $500... which was accurate. It was the stick, button box, and desk mounts that cost the extra $400. Of course, I recently had a ton of overtime that covered it without even putting a dent in our bank account.

The other throttle looked very nice and could be built to customer specs. A few people on here bought it. There were a few design issues that needed to be resolved and I was waiting to see how things progressed, then the throttle was discontinued. The base model was $1,200. Substituting customer specified parts (particularly milspec parts identical or similar to real throttle) could drive the price way up. I was planning on the base model unless there were some fairly cheap authentic substitutions. I think that same company was planning an F-14 throttle, too. I was waiting to see how that came out.

https://throttletek.com/gf-14-throttle/

Based on posts in this forum, the F-14 throttle is even more of a dud than the Hornet throttle. Initial asking price was $1,500, now $800 and it has many errors and limitations that shouldn't happen at that price point. It looks so nice in the photos. How much more would it have cost in time, effort, and money to get it right?

Maybe Winwing should think about making Tomcat products, too. Pretty much zero competition in that market.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe Winwing should think about making Tomcat products, too. Pretty much zero competition in that market.

Yeah, I agree. An F-16 throttle grip and an F-14 throttle grip... That would be fantastic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't stop there. I would love throttles for most of the DCS modules, especially ones with twist grips for the gunsights like the P-51, F-86, and MiGs. Of course, there is a guy who is about to release a whole bunch of WW2 throttles that says he can provide the twist grip as an option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]