reducing units

Hello. I'm really enjoying your work my friend. I just flew the 3rd sortie. Even with the F10 menu option to reduce the formation it's still a slide show. That's only because of the fact i use the Pimax Vr headset with steam vr and these things are a performance killer. So for anyone who's looking to play this on a monitor your in good shape. So my question is this. I'm fairly comfortable with the ME as I've been making missions for a long time. However not to your level of competence. So my idea is to copy the 3rd mission and rename it to something else and then edit the units to heavily subtract the amount of bombers. One thing i noticed last night is when they dropped the bombs it was like adding 100's of new objects into the game and that made the expierence into slide show. Dog fighting wasn't possible. I know that by deleting groups can damage a missions triggers. So I'm only looking to reduce the numbers within the groups. But keep the groups intact. Will that work okay?. Or do you have other suggestions?. Because outside the 1st two missions its unplayable with a pimax headset. Thanks.

Dave.

DLC campaigns are copy protected .. I believe that you cant make a copy and edit it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So I'm only looking to reduce the numbers within the groups. But keep the groups intact. Will that work okay?. Or do you have other suggestions?.

As the DLC is copy protected, you can't save an edited mission from the Mission Editor.

However you can :-

• move a copy of the DLC mission to "Saved Games\DCS\Missions"

• open it in the Mission Editor and change some elements (triggers/scripts are hidden)

bllyBLZ.jpg

• Run the mission from the editor

Note: as the edited mission can't be saved, you need to make the changes each time.

• use Notepad++ (or similar) to edit the .miz (this requires an understanding of the "mission" file data structure, etc. but may allow adding MP clients if both own the campaign).

• Run the edited mission normally

Note: the edited mission is still copy protected and requires players to own the original campaign.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As the DLC is copy protected, you can't save an edited mission from the Mission Editor.

However you can :-

• open it in the Mission Editor and change some elements (triggers/scripts are hidden)

bllyBLZ.jpg

• Run the mission from the editor

Note: as the edited mission can't be saved, you need to make the changes each time.

• use Notepad++ (or similar) to edit the .miz (this requires an understanding of the "mission" file data structure, etc. but may allow adding MP clients if both own the campaign).

• Run the edited mission normally

Note: the edited mission is still copy protected and requires players to own the original campaign.

This was very helpful. Thank you!. I understand the copyright, makes sense I can not save changes. But as long as I can reduce the numbers then fly from the ME start button, then that should be good enough for me. I did try earlier to do just this. But when I saw I could not save, I just assumed no way to fly. But yes, I playing directly through the ME should work perfect. And really not that much of a hassle to reduce the numbers, and understand about the client multiplayer part too.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

Before 2.5.6 I was able to play any of my missions on my laptop without a problem. 2.5.6 brought huge FPS loss when lots of units are present. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a quick fix.

Until then, yes, you can delete some of the bombers in ME (make sure it's not the leader), but I'm not sure how it will effect the outcome of the mission.

The thing is, it's supposed to work, and it used to, before 2.5.6. So I'm sure at some point it will be smooth again.

Hi,

Before 2.5.6 I was able to play any of my missions on my laptop without a problem. 2.5.6 brought huge FPS loss when lots of units are present. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a quick fix.

Until then, yes, you can delete some of the bombers in ME (make sure it's not the leader), but I'm not sure how it will effect the outcome of the mission.

The thing is, it's supposed to work, and it used to, before 2.5.6. So I'm sure at some point it will be smooth again.

Thank you for that. I had no idea there was such a drop in performance. I think ED will push a new update soon, so I'll just wait to continue the campaign until then. Besides I also know there are a ton of sound issues right now with the Mustang. Might as well wait to get a better experience. Thanks.

Dave.

Thank you for that. I had no idea there was such a drop in performance. I think ED will push a new update soon, so I'll just wait to continue the campaign until then. Besides I also know there are a ton of sound issues right now with the Mustang. Might as well wait to get a better experience. Thanks.

Dave.

I want to report some findings. I do have a recording of this. Last night after the 156 latest update i attempted again this mission (#3) in VR. I noticed the frames were still around 25 fps. So I lowered some settings, which only got me to 32 on VR. So I was like this is a gamble, but I flew it anyway. And like before when the bomber formations (F10= Less ) appeared my frames went to teens. Then once they dropped the bombs, It was a complete slide show. I just quit.

Today, I was determined to complete this mission #3. So today i started the mission with only my monitor, no VR at all. On the ground, my FPS was like 130 FPS. I'm like cool, I can do this. Using Track IR, and we're off. A couple of Hiccups, like my wing-man rear ended me and we blew up. Then when I finally got airborne I was joining up on Meyers right wing and another unit crashed into me. I re-started again. Finally got on my way across the ch, with a steady FPS of 80 or so. Then the bombers appeared. Cut my FPS to the 20's again. When they started dropping bombs, again, a slide show, with only 10 FPS. With the bombs and explosions on the ground, and burning fires this mission is absolutely unplayable. I had a steady 8 - 10 FPS after the bombing, and when the enemy fighters spawned in, it got even worse. Again, this is a desktop computer, just using a 4k monitor, a gaming MD, I7-9700 Processor ( 8- Cores ), and a GTX1080. I would think, this is a more powerful computer than a laptop. I have no idea how you can go from 130 FPS to 10 on a monitor. It's like the game is slowly taking away performance as it goes. At first I blamed the VR setup with Steam VR and just poor performance in VR. But with a monitor too. Yeah, there is a serious issue with how many objects you allow in. Not you, the DEV, I mean DCS as a hole. It's like this, If I was the only aircraft in the mission. and while flying for say two hours. I feel the FPS would gradually decrease as time continues. That's just my impression. So until something is done, even those with high end computers, and I feel mine is pretty high end, with the exception of a GTX 1080 and not having a GTN 2080 TI,. It's just weird. Again, I don't not feel this is the problem with the campaine developer, I think it's the Games OS's crapping out. Also the sounds in the Mustang are still messed up. The 190 had sound updates, but nothing was done to improve the Mustang. The background noises are still present. Again, not the fault of the mission builder. just DCS things. Heck, I also have the Hornet, and when I landed on the carrier, grabbed the 2 wire, and something broke, causing the plane to burst into flames. lol. I think I'll take a break from DCS for a while lol. Enough stress in the world as it is lol. Anyway, I hope people still buy your missions. They are well done and fun, and will be playable sometime in the future I'm sure. I will try again later. : )

Edited by chase