Coronavirus sale?

falcon_120

OMG the political correctness of today's society makes me sick. Bad PR? Someone sitting at home playing a new DCS title and not going out could technically literally save a life. While people are busy building a home cockpit out of their excess toiletpaper, might as we give them something to fly in it.

Edit: Regardless of how you feel toward the situation, countless peeps are stuck at home, either forced, suggested, scared or otherwise, again regardless of personal feelings towards it, it is a reality. In such a circumstance, I would imagine sales would naturally go up because of the situation, people looking for something to do and all. Offering a discount during this time likely wouldn't increase sales, it would be offering relief to folks in that situation. How on earth could that leave a bad taste!? If you think simply throwing things on sale magically increases revenues and profits, you've lost your mind, might as well permanently leave things on sale.

I guess if manufacturers of masks and TP offered a discount at the moment, that would leave a bad taste in your mouth as well? Unreal.

I hear ya bro. I also took advantage of that other sim's sale just a bit ago. More than likely, I'll be working from home for a bit as well. I'd say, why not have a short term sale for DCS.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U could flip the argument, that trying to keep the kids at home, might be a good idea.

But it is controversial.

Then again big capital in general has no remorse trying to get our money. Not Saying ED in any way but just in general.

Stop it, most of us are in our 40's and 50's.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

OMG the political correctness of today's society makes me sick. Bad PR? Someone sitting at home playing a new DCS title and not going out could technically literally save a life. While people are busy building a home cockpit out of their excess toiletpaper, might as we give them something to fly in it.

Edit: Regardless of how you feel toward the situation, countless peeps are stuck at home, either forced, suggested, scared or otherwise, again regardless of personal feelings towards it, it is a reality. In such a circumstance, I would imagine sales would naturally go up because of the situation, people looking for something to do and all. Offering a discount during this time likely wouldn't increase sales, it would be offering relief to folks in that situation. How on earth could that leave a bad taste!? If you think simply throwing things on sale magically increases revenues and profits, you've lost your mind, might as well permanently leave things on sale.

I guess if manufacturers of masks and TP offered a discount at the moment, that would leave a bad taste in your mouth as well? Unreal.

Ding,ding, ding! Political correctness sucks goat's @ss. What a bunch of snowflakes.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Capitalising on a pandemic leaves a bad taste on the mouth no matter which way you spin it.

There's a whole industry doing just that with the flu and hundreds of rhinovirus types every single year for ages. Lasts a week with a doc and meds and 7 days without.

As for me - I like the slogan. We have to laugh. smile.gif

Seeing that pic, is that a teaser for a Coronamobile announcement on the first of April? rdlaugh.png

BTW I guess the Easter sale is just around the corner anyway...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

Easter sale is around the corner of course, but the team also realise it is a difficult time for many at the moment.

Once we know more about any sale we will pass it on to you all.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Easter sale is around the corner of course, but the team also realise it is a difficult time for many at the moment.

thanks

Gracias buddy! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

With everyone quarantined to their houses and no new DCS modules to play with, 9 months from now a boom of babies will be born... and we will call them the Coronials.

Jokes aside, thanks for looking into it and raising it with the team BIGNEWY.

As for me - I like the slogan. We have to laugh. :)

+1, from Milan, Italy. ;)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

+1, from Milan, Italy. ;)

Stay safe buddy!

Don't worry, I am safe. My wife too. We all are worried about our father, mother and elders.

But here... stay fun, let's fly with this special sim :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Don't worry, I am safe. My wife too. We all are worried about our father, mother and elders.

But here... stay fun, let's fly with this special sim :)

:thumbup:

thanks

Thanks BN. I just found out all at my work have been told to stay home UFN, so I for one will be playing a lot of DCS. I still maintain that a Coronavirus sale will be not only good for the users of DCS and ED, but be an invaluable way for many to get through these difficult times by giving us something to occupy the time and keep us indoors. I don't in any way see this as capitalizing on a crisis, but rather performing a valuable service to your customers at a reasonable price. To me that is the best PR possible for a company.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Although a sale would be nice for someone new to DCS. But for those of us that have been flying for a while, I still have a lot to keep me busy just with the modules and campaigns I already have that I have not finished mastering. And that is just concentrating on the Viggen and F-14. I have not even taken out the other older modules for a spin in a while.

.............. we will pass it on to you all.

Now tell me those words wernt chosen specifically......

Whether ED makes some kind of sale at this time or not doesnt really bother me one way or another. Sales is sales and they happen regularily so its all round ok i guess to offer a sale at a time when people, especially customers, find themselves at a loose end.

I doubt we will see many complaints about the global situation leading vulnerable gamers into feeling pressured to panic buy the Yak.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I'm out of country, flying home soon, and my home country just announced mandatory 14 day quarantine, so, I now double my request. After 12 days I'd likely buy a Sopwith Camel if it were available. At least I'd get some nostalgia out of it. From wikipedia... FS 1.0: "If flying your IBM PC got any more realistic, you'd need a license", and promised "a full-color, out-the-window flight display".

We can all laugh now ya, haha.

There's no way to do a sale like this without looking like you're trying to profit off a pandemic. Please don't. The number of sales you guys run over the course of a year is more than enough.

You seem to have no concept of what "profiting off a pandemic" is.

Planes in a flight sim going on sale during a "pandemic" is in no way profiting off it. You don't need to buy anything in this game to survive in real life. You don't go madly buying up virtual planes because you're low on hygiene and food supplies.

Now, buying up large amount of dry goods, toiletries, and cleaning supplies and selling them on ebay for a markup while all the stores around are completely out of stock...THAT is profiting off a pandemic.

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/coronavirus

Dunno if you can log your efforts but perhaps Airmiles in return for every hour putting our very overpriced GPUs to some other good use when we are not putting them to DCS use.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

There's no way to do a sale like this without looking like you're trying to profit off a pandemic. Please don't. The number of sales you guys run over the course of a year is more than enough.

+1

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why?

OK, so I am at home, but I am still doing 100% of my work. Remotely. I still have the same amount of free time - if not even less as daddy's daughter is home as well.

If one can afford to really stay home not working, surely they can afford DCS products at their regular prices, no?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

OK, so I am at home, but I am still doing 100% of my work. Remotely. I still have the same amount of free time - if not even less as daddy's daughter is home as well.

If one can afford to really stay home not working, surely they can afford DCS products at their regular prices, no?

Many people are being told to self isolate who cannot work from home. Also think of all the businesses that are being forced to close - all bars & restaurants in Spain as just one example. Many people will be at home, many not getting paid.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I hope this is only meant for fun. As if there is currently nothing more important than such a shitty sale! Then some did not hear the shot ...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!