DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

HMCS is a killer!!!!! Sure wish we had THAT on the Hornet.

Ehh...

We do :).

Win-10 x64

Nvidia RTX2080 (HP Reverb)

Asus Prime X570P

AMD 3800x

32GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals

Using VJoy and UCR to remap Throttle and Clutch into Rudder axis

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,    Patch will be a little later than usual but is still planned for today.    thanks   New changes still in testing so it will be next year now for Syria work.

update is live on steam, stand alone will follow shortly 

Hi all,   thank you for your patience, the open beta patch is live now, and login issues have been resolved.    please enjoy!   thank you for us all at Eagle Dynamics 

Ehh...

We do :).

Have I missed something? I don't see any datalink sources in my JHMCS, I don't see navpoints, markpoints or SPI in it either, I also can't create mark points with it and it doesn't have a TGP image in it. It's basically just a HUD repeater (well, sort of) and the only feature it has on top of that is slaving the winders seekerhead. Well, as of yet rainbowdashwink.png

dcs-dashie-ed.jpg.c4fa047dc1c71d5ceb1913aa54b2a11e.jpg

...I don't see any datalink sources in my JHMCS, I don't see navpoints, markpoints or SPI in it either, I also can't create mark points with it and it doesn't have a TGP image in it... rainbowdashwink.png

That's what I meant.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

No. In flight, with F-18 or F-16. No NVG googles are switched on

With A-10 it does work.

No what I mean is that you can either have JHMCS or the NVGs, you have to select which one you want on the ground via the ground crew.

If you have JHMCS you won't have any NVGs available and vice versa.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

LOL, I'm waiting for an FM for that thing and controls that don't start working at like 8% of throw where 9% is already way too much because it's so nimble. I wish I had such lesser problems... fsgrin.png

Youre already watching casmo's videos, watch his on the gazelle and punch in the saturation numbers he used, it makes the helo much more useable . I love flying the gaz- when i feel like low level sight seeing (or if i wanna fly but dont have time to run a whole mission) im usually in the gazelle or the harrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Any news about the clouds / weather engine ?

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

the saturation numbers he used

And in case you dont feel like watching 30 minutes of bleeping video to get to two numbers, its 30 on roll,25 on pitch. And yes it makes a huge difference to use those saturation numbers, even on my 40cm virpil stick.

Anyway, on topic, why isn't the update to the A-10A, -C and -C2 flight models not mentioned in the patch notes?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 1070, CV1, PointCTRL

Any news about the clouds / weather engine ?

I hope we get an update soon!

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Mmmm, personally I'd love for details on the features and what we can do with the new weather system.

One thing I'm also wondering about is the stable build, hopefully one can't be too far away, unless there's some showstopper bugs in the latest build (I saw that the displays were a bit borked in the update where the F-16 got its Mavericks and HARMs).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Youre already watching casmo's videos, watch his on the gazelle and punch in the saturation numbers he used, it makes the helo much more useable . I love flying the gaz- when i feel like low level sight seeing (or if i wanna fly but dont have time to run a whole mission) im usually in the gazelle or the harrier

Thanks, tried that already way before. Problem is with FFB sticks and I just don't want to switch it off and on afterwards including full DCS restarts just to be able to fly that one module. But I haven't tried that yet which I always wanted to do... but there's a lot more that I want to do before that, so... icon_redface.gif

dcs-dashie-ed.jpg.c4fa047dc1c71d5ceb1913aa54b2a11e.jpg

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 1070, CV1, PointCTRL

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

Aye, I’ve noticed the same difference about clouds.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Simulatori: DCS A-10C Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - VRS F/A-18E - Falcon BMS
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar Oculus Rift S I see a rainbow rising, look there, on the horizon...

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I see there's an update today...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Anyone got the low down?

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

I hope we get an update soon!

Me too

Or at least, they should give us more details about

Cloud layers, type of clouds, etc...

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

"multiplayer protocol changed"

What does this mean ?

And how come this patch is 50 gigs , is it because i changed my shaders to the masked shaders for vr ?

It'[s really annoying that i have to swap out the game's shaders and download again after every small update >_<

SATAL : "Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned."

this patch is 50 gigs

+/- 400MB on my end (bit over 500 unpacked)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

"multiplayer protocol changed"

What does this mean ?

It just means old versions of dcs wont see the new servers unless they update

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2