DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Guys, this is a discussion of what is in the patch notes, not what you hope to see in the patch notes, please.

Well, then... icon_redface.gif

Dear Customers,

Today we release the Open Beta with several high priority issues for the Hornet AIM-9 family which were discovered yesterday. However, I decided to release this OB because it delivers significant changes made by our partners to the aircraft that are very important for you and we prepared new features for Hornet and Viper.

The issues will be fixed and updated during the coming week.

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Chief Operating Officer

Think that was a good move. The update has brought some nice things, most of them I wasn't even able to try out yet.

AIM-120 missile. The probability of countermeasure spoofing returned to the old value.

Enabled all aircraft types to rearm from friendly FARP objects.

Increased g-tolerance of pilot.

Mouse input. Added ability to assign commands to extra mouse buttons.

I was going to ask what the 120 thing was to be about, but well, I've seen that thread and I heard from others those things literally miss all the time now. I couldn't care less as I'm not an airquaker rdlaugh.png

The FARP thing is great though, but we really need to get rid from these ugly "Mayan Temples" as someone in Casmo's community called them.

Not the G tolerance is something many have been asking for literally for ages. Great to see that done.

Also, being able to map extra buttons on mice is a positive thing. One of the little details.

Reduced opacity of HUD and Canopy glass.

That's one of those "Nobody:" things that are great to have I guess. Getting a little better visibility is always good.

NEW! Added ability to hide HUD Camera: click the HUD camera in the cockpit to remove it. (F-14 pilots could carry hex wrenches to remove the HUD camera, especially for landing).

Nice little move to get that out of the view there, but it's literally being overshadowed by this very issue. Constantly having that tooltip right up my face isn't great at all. Temporarily switched the tooltips off and probably ending up in not knowing what I do in many airframes I can't completely remember the whole switch layout of. Suggestion to gooder™ that up is in the linked thread though fsgrin.png

[... - massive fix list after that "shipstohm in a wo'er glarss" incident]

Fixed engine efficiency table error at very high altitudes that was resulting in higher than expected thrust loss.

Fixed Speedbrake logic based on SME information to extend as long as OUT is pressed and will fully retract when IN is pressed (Allows for partial extension but will always fully retract).

Great to see lots being done here now, and I hope they keep on rocking that way salute.png

Thought the high alt performance was lacking a bit - great to see it confirmed and fixed there.

As for the speedbrake, I wonder if it just would work exactly as in other planes like the Hornet or Viper we have, with the extend position being spring loaded to flip back to neutral and the retract position to be latched, just like it's done on the TMWH throttle unit. So basically, we could partially retract the thing, but have to flip the switch back to neutral for that.

Modified structural load damage to no longer be instantaneous, now requires sustained over-tolerance for structural (wing) failure.

That is awesome, same for the Harrier.

Added canopy glass fog effect (defog button also functional).

How cool is that? ED, please add that to the Hornet dealwithit.png

Added 2 additional modifications: P-47D-30 (early) and P-47D-40.

Added new bombs and rockets for using on the aircraft.

Added external fuel tanks and the M10 smoke tank.

Updated bombs delivery procedure.

Updated damage visualisation.

Log book not recording P-47 stats - fixed.

So it wasn't just me with the thing not being logged at all. Great to finally see the other items being added.

Added AGM-65D/G/H/K.

Added AGM-88C (HAS Mode).

AGM-88 Threats table

G Tolerance - Open Beta vs Dev Trunk - fixed.

HMD Boresight ellipse displayed all time - fixed.

Nice new AG weapons, had a lot of fun with those already, especially with the 65H in FC mode...

I wonder what that G tolerance thing means, but since that's been worked on for DCS in general, I guess it was some alteration to the F-16 not being taken over correctly as the reclination of the seat reduces the blood coloumn and therefor increases the G tolerance in that particular airframe. Same happened with the FW-190 BTW.

MK-82 Auto mode dropping long - fixed.

Added HMD EW Symbols.

Finally the 82s falling too long being addressed. When's the 84s coming too short being revisited while you guys are at it? pinkiepieexcited.png

HMD EW symbols is the first step to more SA on that thing... twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The FARP thing is great though, but we really need to get rid from these ugly "Mayan Temples" as someone in Casmo's community called them.

Yes, please, pretty please. So close to "real" FARP operations, now just replace the single FARP hill with a "T", a mat or just a traffic cone... That was one of the most surprising news in the patch notes.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I just came by because I felt the need to say that I really enjoy now the less frequent updates - all feels a lot more grown up. Also I enjoy not having any game breaking bugs since you've changed the interval.

Also I need to say that this thread is really helpful and saves a lot of rumors / questions.

Thank you, one (two) big steps in the right direction (at least it feels so for me).

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I just came by because I felt the need to say that I really enjoy now the less frequent updates - all feels a lot more grown up. Also I enjoy not having any game breaking bugs since you've changed the interval.

Also I need to say that this thread is really helpful and saves a lot of rumors / questions.

Thank you, one (two) big steps in the right direction (at least it feels so for me).

signed! :thumbup:

Will the Horrido campaign appear on the store? Will buy as soon as it is.

Im still waiting for polychop's ns430 for gazelle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

"Access to this product is allowed only for beta testers at the moment."

Dam, dam, dam, dam... and dam!

Posted too soon!

Order was completed

Dear customer,

Your order # ******* of 09/30/2020 15:09:18 has been completed.

Edited by =Mac=
Just bought the Hawg!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

...someone thinks I'm going to get work done when there's a new module queued up on the sim? Seriously?

...AND they fixed the AIM-9 on the Murder Hornet.

Watched a track of an AIM-9X shot and the missile went straight into the ground. The MiG-29 that was killed the first time flew off and was lining up for a shot of its own when the track ended. I should have flown back to the CV, just to see if I got shot down in the alternate universe of the track file.

It's up.

1.2 GB of update (after the Deltas update)

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I'm having issues with the website processing my payment for the A-10C. Tried payapl and then direct with visa and both timeout.

Maybe next time we should offer to purchase before the release? :smilewink:

*UPDATE* Finally went through with VISA. Paypal never worked... maybe an issue on their end?

Edited by bandit648

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Yeah, my PayPal timed out first, was able to do it with Visa 2nd time round though. 88% discount - $6.50 so about £4 or something, absolute bargain. Cheers ED

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm having issues with the website processing my payment for the A-10C. Tried payapl and then direct with visa and both timeout.

Same here. I tried several times and it finally worked.

*UPDATE* Finally went through with VISA. Paypal never worked... maybe an issue on their end?

Paypal worked for me, but it was slow enough to make me wonder. Probably busy :thumbup:

Guess they didn't remember the F-16 purchase meltdown of their website. Some times, they just don't seem to learn.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Agreed, well done ED.

She flies beautifully. Lots of new stuff to get memorized. First landing, I overran the runway because I forgot to add in the mapping for the toe brakes. Once she gets going in the air, it seems like she just doesn't want to slow down. (Fully loaded, I can understand that. but all I had on was two 65D's.) Take-off was just as the IRL pilots say: rotate and just let her ease up on her own. Oh, and the trim tabs on the HOTAS are mapped with LCTR included on the TM HOTAS trim button. I changed that to just the trim button on the stick. HMCS is a killer!!!!! Sure wish we had THAT on the Hornet.

Hey, How is the new external model of A-10C II in VR? I am crazy that this is most important for me at the moment? Already bought anyway but I am playing on Stable only. So anyone tell me please? pretty please

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Yes, please, pretty please. So close to "real" FARP operations, now just replace the single FARP hill with a "T", a mat or just a traffic cone... That was one of the most surprising news in the patch notes.

I though have hope this, in the works already by PC, will come soon™:

BTW I like the fact that Deka instantly changed their BRM-1 behaviour pinkie-approved.png

Im still waiting for polychop's ns430 for gazelle

LOL, I'm waiting for an FM for that thing and controls that don't start working at like 8% of throw where 9% is already way too much because it's so nimble. I wish I had such lesser problems... fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Guess they didn't remember the F-16 purchase meltdown of their website. Some times, they just don't seem to learn.

Or...

They learned and remembered and thought "Ehh.... It wasn't that bad..." because it wasn't...

So there's that :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

NVG doesn´t work in the latest OB patch. At least nor in F-16 or F-18

Sure you're doing it via the ground crew menu? You can select either JHMCS or NVGs loaded.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.