DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY, mys speed as requested : I live in Montreal Canada and I am downloading at 300 Kb/s ...I have (usually) a very fast connexion with the new protocol with 400 Mbps...:-( it is taking forever...

Good way to quantify "very fast" is www.speedtest.net. There are several sites to benchmark bandwidth, since the marketing silliness telcos use to sell products only tell part of the story.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,    Patch will be a little later than usual but is still planned for today.    thanks   New changes still in testing so it will be next year now for Syria work.

update is live on steam, stand alone will follow shortly 

Not by choice, it’s called being married with a small child. 😂😂😂   Sadly the restrictions have been placed on me by the higher power. ( my wife ) 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

yes this is the website that I use to test my connexion (and it is around 430 Mbps!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I can say that it was veeery long.. but it finished a few minutes ago (took 3 hours), I am loading the new terrain right now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m crazy or was some thing diferent on ocean waves scale? Yesterday I did a fly on my old benchmark mission on Caucasus to test the frame rate after a update. The waves near Batumi looks better then before. I had a better feeling of my fligh altitude.

It´s was a placebo effect?

The shadows on terrain objects looks worse then before with shadows setting to medium. And i had a worse FPS then before. I ever use VR and when is not possible to keep 45fps is really bad.

The grass terrain around Batumi looks diferent too... Like a diferent texture.

Edited by greco.bernardi

Today's patch

Hi,

Patch status says one patch is planned for today. Do you think it's just a few lines of minor fixes for new channel map and p-47. Or could it be something larger like that really cool damage model seen in p-47 trailer?

Anyone?

The AI taxi issue is certainly fixed in the couple of campaigns I tried.

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

The AI taxi issue is certainly fixed in the couple of campaigns I tried.
Great.

This was a constant source of frustration.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Great.

This was a constant source of frustration.

Weirdly, I was sure I saw it mentioned in the patch notes, but I can't see it any more.

I'm going to test again to make sure I'm not cracking up!

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

I hope the brightness issue gets hotfixed for all affected aircraft, not just the F-16!

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey everyone, what is your impression of the Channel map?

I personally find it very beautiful but my frame rates are pretty bad (much worse than Caucasus or PG)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everyone, what is your impression of the Channel map?

I personally find it very beautiful but my frame rates are pretty bad (much worse than Caucasus or PG)

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=723

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3, 27" LCD FullHD, Win 10 Home 64   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS, customTiR   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🌍 NTTR, PG   🚢 Supercarrier

by the way ED, Thank you!:thumbup:

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus X Maximus X AC WiFi z370 ||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080-10gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| ReverbG2VR @ 3168x 3092 90hrz

Hi all

We have found some issues and the patch has been moved to next week, I have updated the status post to reflect this.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We have found some issues and the patch has been moved to next week, I have updated the status post to reflect this.

thank you

Thanks for letting us know!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

Any news about the new clouds ?

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi all

thank you

thanks for doing the QC work!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

One of our group was having difficulty downloading. He is in Canada. His update would stall between 2 and 5 GB of download. He had been trying for two days.

He ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling this morning. That worked for him. Remember your HOTAS profiles if you try this. He forgot but they were still in his saved games folder, and should be. But do be safe you should save them off somewhere.