DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If all goes to plan we will see the patch later today.   thank you for your passion and support. 

Planned patch today is focused on some crash fixes, some third party updates. No VR jitter fix currently, the team are still working on it.    thanks

I think they are solid objects for the time being and your plane will be destroyed if you contact a cloud. Clouds that you can fly through are planned for v3.0, due in Q4 2022.

They have already started to release the clouds here in Toronto: See?

IMG_20210414_070959.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

6 hours ago, ebabil said:

Today is the day? I will take extra F5 keys to my home from the office today.

Totally underrated comment.

2 hours ago, Miro said:

I have to enjoy the clouds before Mi-24 comes out, because then I will only see them from below.

I've flown the Ka-50 at 3000m before, challenge accepted. And it dives nicely at up to 500kph if done right. I'm willing to try that in the Mi-24 as well... awesome.png

1 hour ago, normanleto said:

They said there will be no significant drop in fps due to the clouds. These are voxel-made and in games like flight simulator or red dead redemption a similar resolution clouds take away not more than 5 fps in ultra quality (smallest voxel) in full HD. The problem starts if you play in resolutions like 4k or VR (like I do) - then I am sure the clouds will have a big impact, since voxel resolution grows in 3 axes instead of only two (as pixels do). So in 4k screen res is 4 times more pixels, but also even more voxels in clouds due to increase in screen resolution. In 4k gaming you have "times 4 times 4 times 4 more" voxels than in HD. Probably some 4k players will have to downgrade to HD resolution, which is a big problem. We will see, hopefully tomorrow...

If they're really voxels, I might fear some... voxels are calculated on the CPU and mine is bottlenecking my 1080 already in DCS. But we will see, I'm rather confident twilightsmile.png

24 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

I'm currently in the process of installing Czech and Traditional Chinese Windows keyboard layouts so i have even more keys to press.

Someone finally needs to make this, just move it one key left:

AceMaker300by150.jpg

Maybe I should ask Milan Šimundža, this will probably sell like hot cakes princess_celestia.png

Edit: Think I might have something better to check for the update, just scan the code mlp-tsecret.png

frame.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

1 minute ago, Convexrook said:

So, how late is later today? Would like to know as I have to throttle my internet to download. Please and thanks

Probably in about 4 or 5 hours from now. That's my guess.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

7 minutes ago, Eldur said:

just scan the code

Erik Bauersfeld is Admiral Ackbar – Nerd Appropriate

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions)

26 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

I can wait to discover for sure, but just out of curiosity, how big will this patch be? (High level figure)

According to "a" source it's a 12GB patch. Don't know how reliable this is but sounds about right...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Just now, Hiob said:

...if not, we're all seriously f*ck*d...😅

My graphix is off the motherboard. It handles Syria quite well. In VR, too. My rig? Commodore 64.😝😝

Forums: Everyone's waiting for clouds.

Me: I'm curious to see whether UGRA releases the expansion of Syria map.

Also me: Too busy with work, will spend 5 minutes looking at it and then turn it off 😅

Intel i7 6700k / Corsair H100i v2 / Asus Prime Z-270-P / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair AX760 / 2x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb / Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Just now, Hiob said:

...lazy question:

Apart from clouds and propellers -

are there other not module-specific features, that come with 2.7?

we will have a long list in the patch notes once we post it.

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

39 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If all goes to plan we will see the patch later today.

thank you for your passion and support. 

Aye lad, and thank you.  We're all sooooooo excited right now!  Fingers Crossed.

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Board, Intel i7-6700K CPU, 2 x 16GB DDR4 RAM, Zotac Amp Extreme Edition 1080 TI, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 smilewink.gif

23 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

<...> once we post it. <...>

that is exactly the point which triggers my impatiance... 😄

all good - I'll wait then... 🤗

@bignewy not only is the giver of hope and joy -

but also the keeper of excitement and suspense!

😅

Edited by Hiob

If you check the patch notes, they're usually posted around 16:00 UTC. So, three hours to go. 🙂 

Of course, there's no guarantee the pattern will hold for this one, but I'll have to wait for Steam to get on with the program, anyway.

26 minutes ago, Eldur said:

If they're really voxels, I might fear some... voxels are calculated on the CPU and mine is bottlenecking my 1080 already in DCS. But we will see, I'm rather confident

Nope, voxels are not calculated on Cpu unless they move within themselves or you stir them (like tornado). The display of voxel is purely GPU, thanks god, and internal movement is usually faked with masking animated textures that say where cloud is transparent and where it's not. You can move a whole cloud with GPU as well. You simply don't want to stir the clouds - that's currently CPU only, but some engines start to support real time fluid animation equations on GPU. 

...10 years with dcs...

22 minutes ago, Hiob said:

...lazy question:

Apart from clouds and propellers -

are there other not module-specific features, that come with 2.7?

Improved structural damage for the WW2 DM was on the list at one point. Possibly some more improved graphical effects are comming too.

6 minutes ago, Dav IRL said:

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just can't hide it !

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

6 minutes ago, Fonz_408 said:

2 weeks 

hahahahahahaha...that ship has sailed...we no longer get updates every 2 weeks...the new moniker should be...

ehh...next month or 30 days

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

14 days 😛

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50 | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon | 8700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX2070 Super | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 1TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha