DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

True, but IMHO when it comes to priorities I personally think that having a proper ATC system and AI's that act right are more important than clouds.

I am anxiously waiting for the F4U and the Marianas map. They have also been teasing us about improvements to The Channel map with more airfields and such.

In my opinion, the clouds could have waited until they release the whole weather package. See below. Draconis makes my point exactly.  HVYapur.png

As much as I agree with you, I usually let the other part of community enjoy their candies as much as they want, but clouds aren't that of a little thing, I'd love to practice landings with the new cloud and weather system definitely, that's one of the first things I was doing back in 2014 when I started, I didn't do that good in 40 m/s wind haha!

Edited by Worrazen
  • Haha 1

Getting back in action!

1st.: PC Specs WIP: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus ROG Strix X-570E - CPU: AMD Ryzen ... - GPU: AMD Radeon ... - RAM: 64 GB - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe

2nd.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus P9X79 - CPU: Intel i7 3820 - RAM: 32GB - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 8GB - SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB (DCS), Input: Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP.

Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If all goes to plan we will see the patch later today.   thank you for your passion and support. 

I think they are solid objects for the time being and your plane will be destroyed if you contact a cloud. Clouds that you can fly through are planned for v3.0, due in Q4 2022.

Planned patch today is focused on some crash fixes, some third party updates. No VR jitter fix currently, the team are still working on it.    thanks

10 hours ago, ebabil said:

The most populer DCS module during the "game update days" is ready for engine start

fe1.jpg

I've upgraded to MiG28 a long time ago. And yeah, I keep MiG28ing that patch status thread... mlp-lfun.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

29 minutes ago, Outlaw24 said:

I'll second that retirement statement 😁

I’ll third that. It’s been great to see all the advances since the early sims and it is nice to sim at night without having to worry about getting up early. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DucS2r said:

I’ll third that. It’s been great to see all the advances since the early sims and it is nice to sim at night without having to worry about getting up early. 

Sorry, I already thirded it.  You'll have to be fourth.  q4fEPdv.png

• Like 2

ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth MoBo  -  AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @1866 MHZ  -  EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb. No OC.
Game drive, Samsung 970 M.2 EVO SSD  -  OS Win10 Pro drive, Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X  -  LG 32" 1920X1080 Monitor - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Many different priorities to each of us. I personally priorice inmmersion IN FLIGHT, as overall feeling, so for me proper cloud rendering is a MUST. I waited having this since LOMAC in 2004... Just because ATC maybe takes 10% of flight time ... BUT 90% left is in the sky, where clouds are, not ATC communications.

Yes indeed, I agree +1. I think having proper looking clouds will enhance the immersion to new levels of euphoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

9 minutes ago, Worrazen said:

As much as I agree with you, I usually let the other part of community enjoy their candies as much as they want, but clouds aren't that, I'd love to practice landings with the new cloud and weather system definitely, that's one of the first things I was doing back in 2014 when I started, I didn't do that good in 40 m/s wind haha!

But, the clouds is all we're getting right now. The whole weather package will still be a while.

• Like 1

ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth MoBo  -  AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @1866 MHZ  -  EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb. No OC.
Game drive, Samsung 970 M.2 EVO SSD  -  OS Win10 Pro drive, Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X  -  LG 32" 1920X1080 Monitor - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

1 minute ago, FZG_Immel said:

when is the release planned ? still tomorrow ?

It's starting tomorrow, but it's a phased rollout in alphabetical order based on the second letter of your forum username.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

4 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

With all of the things that need fixing, looking at you ATC (among others), I can't believe that the only thing everyone's talking about are clouds.  sz4M0Ns.png

Screw the clouds, they are cosmetic at best. I want the core game mechanics to work.   SRsfa58.gif

ATC, AI behavior, proper damage models for all units, RADAR, FLIR, etc. The list goes on and on. I really could care less about cosmetics right now.

cosmetic ?

wtf are you saying ? they are everything. from a tactical standpoint, for combat, and also from an aviating part.. We will see how many will manage to bring the planes home in IFR now...

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

It's starting tomorrow, but it's a phased rollout in alphabetical order based on the second letter of your forum username.

..|.. 😄

• Like 3

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5

"Chief update!"

GROUND CREW: Unable.

Edited by LASooner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

⏰

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1 hour ago, ThorBrasil said:

⏰

Just woke up and... oh my! the clouds look absolutely amazing ED!

20210414_070100.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Today is the day? I will take extra F5 keys to my home from the office today.

• Haha 4

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

Youtube

Z390 / i5 9400F / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 4 and 5

5 minutes ago, Fonz_408 said:

If it drops what would be the time in GMT 

My guestimate 1800 GMT.

Edited by tintifaxl
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

According to the 'clouds', I didn't use to excite with something that I haven't touched (excepting the photos of beutiful aircraft, women and motorbikes). After I run it on my PC and check if it is working nearly well as on ED-youtube, I will be able to admire anything. As some wise guys said above, I am also (or mainly) waitiing for many fixes and I hope that another updates will focus on polishing actual and old problems, not polishing new clouds for another half of year, leaving whole the rest behind.

Apart of those words, I love you - ED and the work you are doing 😊

I am joining you all in waiting, wish you patience and fast transfers for next 24h 😄 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Perhaps you'll share some of these photos of beautiful aircraft, women and motorbikes whilst we wait 😉

Ohh, there are millions of that along Insta and whole the internet, so I think you can find them very easly 🤠

Wheels up today with 2.7 !!!! LETS DO THIS !

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.