DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

GPU Frame times have increase about 0.3ms on both standard and Ultra clouds ...

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

if you are having major perf issues with shadows , try turning shadows to flat, i dont have any measurement on this other than MKI eyeball but it seems a lot better @BIGNEWYthere seems to be an interaction between clouds and shadows, are you trying to render cloud shadows inside the cockpit?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

35 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

GPU Frame times have increase about 0.3ms on both standard and Ultra clouds ...

With the SSAA patch?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

It's even worse on my side with the latest patch... M2000C FF mission in Caucasus, yesterday was OK with clouds on "low", now unplayable, lots of stutters and FPS drops as soon as I fly over a city...

I didn't change my settings, shadows already on flat (I have a less beefy rig than SOH, though). The only other clue is I also had nVidia drivers update (466.63) this evening. Maybe related, I'll try to roll back and test.

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

1 hour ago, Pride37 said:

It's even worse on my side with the latest patch... M2000C FF mission in Caucasus, yesterday was OK with clouds on "low", now unplayable, lots of stutters and FPS drops as soon as I fly over a city...

I didn't change my settings, shadows already on flat (I have a less beefy rig than SOH, though). The only other clue is I also had nVidia drivers update (466.63) this evening. Maybe related, I'll try to roll back and test.

Same: Clouds utterly horrible. And I can't imagine clouds that look this janky could be using 13GB VRAM.

vram.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Also seeing some new jaggies along the lake shoreline in NTTC. 90% sure it was never that jaggy before.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

[mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] Is there any chance for the flickering on SLI to be addressed and fixed? Is it being looked at at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, Pride37 said:

so i just rolled back to (using DDU to clean up)  466.55 which is what i was on before yesterday and it made no appreciable difference in performance (in either direction)... so i dont think its the driver

[mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] Is there any chance for the flickering on SLI to be addressed and fixed? Is it being looked at at all?

I would love this too, but unfortunately they don't support SLI. For me it seems to be some sort of stereoscopic issue.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I would love this too, but unfortunately they don't support SLI. For me it seems to be some sort of stereoscopic issue.

Before 2.7 and the new clouds I had fully working SLI config that gave me 50% performance scaling. Now the clouds and the reflections layers flicker and strobe while the remaining graphics still look fine. I’ve invested so much in my hardware with multiple screens etc. Now I sit with max 40fps on forced single 1080ti ...

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Before 2.7 and the new clouds I had fully working SLI config that gave me 50% performance scaling. Now the clouds and the reflections layers flicker and strobe while the remaining graphics still look fine. I’ve invested so much in my hardware with multiple screens etc. Now I sit with max 40fps on forced single 1080ti ...

Oh, don't get me wrong! I'm in the same boat! I get a increase with SLI. But I have even older hardware than you, and I'm down to 18FPS with these new clouds.
I would totally love to get SLI working again.

Is there any SLI support left at all regarding nVidia or AMD? Seems an abandoned road to me.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

nVidia has no effective current support model for SLI, even if its present physically... the 3090 is the only current card that supports it physically

• Like 1

5 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

so i just rolled back to (using DDU to clean up)  466.55 which is what i was on before yesterday and it made no appreciable difference in performance (in either direction)... so i dont think its the driver

Thanks, you saved me some time!!

Aslo had a SteamVR update yesterday  (stable) but I don't think it's related. Used to be on beta before without impact on framerate.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

On 6/3/2021 at 11:57 AM, Hoirtel said:

I think the cloud edge shimmering is more of a VR technology kind of thing rather than a DCS. As its similar to the alaising I see on buildings and fences etc. I haven't yet tried MSAA on x4 but I bet that would help (although prob unplayable). I say this as I noticed that when I look at cloud shimmer and tilt my head to 45 degrees to one side it reduces as does all other alasing. Maybe a VR headset maker can build a headset with the panels at 45 degrees..... 🤣

Wait - my CV1 and Quest do basically have that thanks to their Pentile Matrix...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
7 hours ago, overalien said:

I have reported SLI issue with the radar page on the hornet, if you have a different issue please make a new thread. 

Unfortunately I have no way to test this myself.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have reported SLI issue with the radar page on the hornet, if you have a different issue please make a new thread. 
Unfortunately I have no way to test this myself.

Thanks [mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] already did that. Mentioned you today in that thread so you can see where to find it.

• Like 1

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Well, not many people seem to complain about the loss of perfomance that came with the latest patch... I'm a bit worried, is there something wrong on my side? I went from nice and smooth with the wobbly cloud correction patch, to stuttery/barely playable with the SSAA correction patch...

Would be a pitty if I have to degrade visual quality while it has always been fine before...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pride37 said:

Well, not many people seem to complain about the loss of perfomance that came with the latest patch... I'm a bit worried, is there something wrong on my side? I went from nice and smooth with the wobbly cloud correction patch, to stuttery/barely playable with the SSAA correction patch...

Would be a pitty if I have to degrade visual quality while it has always been fine before...

I found it came with stability issues and I actually haven't played it much but just in the ME very slow and clunky. A repair has helped a fair bit but still seems less stable to me than what was gained in the last few patches. 

1 hour ago, Pride37 said:

You're not alone. Strange thing is, I didn't have this issue with patch 2.7.1.7029 Open beta (the one from last Wednesday)

Since patch 2.7.1.7139 Open beta (the hotfix from last Thursday) I'm too suffering from heavy stutters, while my fps does not drop below 30.

I tested for about an hour in Caucasus and Syria, but on both maps the stutter didn't go away after a while. (thought it might be because the shaders needed to reload, but this shouldn't take that long)

Updating my GPU driver now, but I don't have high hopes

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

You're not alone. Strange thing is, I didn't have this issue with patch 2.7.1.7029 Open beta (the one from last Wednesday)

Since patch 2.7.1.7139 Open beta (the hotfix from last Thursday) I'm too suffering from heavy stutters, while my fps does not drop below 30.

I tested for about an hour in Caucasus and Syria, but on both maps the stutter didn't go away after a while. (thought it might be because the shaders needed to reload, but this shouldn't take that long)

Updating my GPU driver now, but I don't have high hopes

This has been my experience... Even tried lowering textures and terrain textures from High/High to Med/Low.

Ultimately, anything above standard cloud preset is a stuttering disappointment if using even 2x MSAA.
With MSAA OFF, I am able to use my original settings Textures High/High, cloud standard and get very close to pre patch GPU frametime I had before, but also had to dial back the SteamVR SS from 100 to 90.

• Like 4

--Arthur C Clark