DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

suddenly, I'm back to crashing between mission changes

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

If they fix the jittering glitch only it will be great, I can live with the rest some more weeks but man, that cloud jitter... Make all look bad

• Like 3

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Did they modify things to eliminate the need to delete shaders files after a change? Been away from the game for a fairly long break and went to delete after the 2.7 upgrade. Couldn’t seem to find the folders where I thought they used to be?  
thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

Did they modify things to eliminate the need to delete shaders files after a change? Been away from the game for a fairly long break and went to delete after the 2.7 upgrade. Couldn’t seem to find the folders where I thought they used to be?  
thanks

that's correct afaik, updates now automatically wipe shaders

6 hours ago, Sr. said:

suddenly, I'm back to crashing between mission changes

Please, make "my crash status" thread, we'll monitor.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yay planned OB today! Crossing my fingers for a jittering clouds fix!

Edited by chrisofsweden
  • Like 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

1 minute ago, Hoirtel said:

No that's not coming today sadly.

Is that confirmed somewhere that it's not coming today? I've only seen comments that they're working on it. And it's a priority issue. Never seen "not this month" or the likes...

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

2 minutes ago, chrisofsweden said:

Is that confirmed somewhere that it's not coming today? I've only seen comments that they're working on it. And it's a priority issue. Never seen "not this month" or the likes...

According to the discussions on ED's discord they have confirmed that this is not coming today

2 hours ago, draconus said:

Please, make "my crash status" thread, we'll monitor.

Is there any point in filling out the crash report in the client in the event of a crash?

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

19 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

According to the discussions on ED's discord they have confirmed that this is not coming today

Oh... I was kind of optimistic with this one. I really hope it's not an issue that is built in the foundations of the cloud tech...

22 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Ok 😞 No jittering clouds, 

All Rise GIF by CBS

Edited by chrisofsweden

18 minutes ago, Corsi said:

Is there any point in filling out the crash report in the client in the event of a crash?

I asked the same in PM and I was assured they do want that. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Just now, chrisofsweden said:

Ok 😞 No jittering clouds, THATS the dream. 🙂

Yeah, its a shame but they are assuring that its high priority and being worked on. As they recently said they are working to a 2.7 stable release - it cant be too far away.

Yeah, its a shame but they are assuring that its high priority and being worked on. As they recently said they are working to a 2.7 stable release - it cant be too far away.

With all the CTDs people are having I can't imagine stable happening anytime soon.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Every day of every year ED is working towards making the OB the stable release.  Nothing different atm.

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yeah I hope so, fingers crossed! Appreciate it's maybe a complex issue what do I know, I'm just eager.

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

With all the CTDs people are having I can't imagine stable happening anytime soon.

Haven't been browsing the bug report forums as much as I usually do, haven't had a DCS crash since the first 2.7.

May be related to specific module(s). I'm flying mostly the F/A-18 and F-14B.

Edited by chrisofsweden

2 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Yes but its not just stable - its the main version. It can't have wobbly clouds.

The newsletter is just a communication tool, doesn't mean the Stable release is around the corner. Between crashes (simply loading a second mission after the first one for example), certain issues like radar/missile performance (Amraams are particularly useless atm, but others as well), wobbly clouds (in 2D and VR, but worse in VR as far as I can tell)... There are a lot of things that have nothing to do in a stable release. I am confident they will get there, but I would be disappointed if they tried to rush the current build into stable with so many issues.

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

9 minutes ago, chrisofsweden said:

Haven't been browsing the bug report forums as much as I usually do, haven't had a DCS crash since the first 2.7.

May be related to specific module(s). I'm flying mostly the F/A-18 and F-14B.

Pretty active crowd there: 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/482-game-crash/

14 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Why are you thinking that this issue will be solved in stable release? I bet that will not. In the past we have seen many bugs remains in stable. Just look not rendering some details in one eye (in VR) that is pending for fixing since 2.5.6 appears (more than 1 year ago).

At least, if theres no fix on today patch, i expect an status report of the fix.

Yeah, i know it´s a BETA and things like this happen but they was teasing the new cloud system for months and five weeks since the release was done and we don´t know nothing and i was a bit worried if theres a critical failure on new weather system basis

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Guys, DCS is in permanent state of beta.  The release version is just a OB build that is chosen to be just about acceptable with no show stopping bugs.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box