DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Planned patch today is focused on some crash fixes, some third party updates. No VR jitter fix currently, the team are still working on it. 

thanks

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Planned patch today is focused on some crash fixes, some third party updates. No VR jitter fix currently, the team are still working on it. 

thanks

Thanks for the quick transparency BIGNEWY. This VR thing seems to lend a little more complexity for the developers.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Raven68 said:

Thanks for the quick transparency BIGNEWY. This VR thing seems to lend a little more complexity for the developers.

yes it is a challenging issue, I am confident the team will find a solution. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Thank you for the update regarding the clouds in VR. I hope it can be fixed... it´s the only thing preventing me for fully enjoy DCS.

2.7 was a game changer.

Regards,

Bruno.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I fly strictly VR (Reverb G2). I also have over 2800 RW flying hours. The only issue I have with the new clouds is that they are for the most part blown out. Turning down the Gamma just darkens the entire scene. Is there a way to lower the intensity or brightness of the clouds? This would give them more depth and contrast.

The only jittering I see is when the program is loading. I just close my eyes or remove the headset until DCS is fully loaded.

John

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmig said:

I fly strictly VR (Reverb G2). I also have over 2800 RW flying hours. The only issue I have with the new clouds is that they are for the most part blown out. Turning down the Gamma just darkens the entire scene. Is there a way to lower the intensity or brightness of the clouds? This would give them more depth and contrast.

The only jittering I see is when the program is loading. I just close my eyes or remove the headset until DCS is fully loaded.

John

The jittering is the movement of the clouds relative to everything else. Few people don't seem to see it as much. Quite surprising for those of us that can see it. Have you tried lowing a layer so it is around the high ground. You should see it then. It happens in 2D too, so I'm sure it's the same for everyone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jmig said:

For me it's more apparent when flying above the clouds or at cloud base if they are scattered and not stratus cloud. If I fly below the cloud or at low level it's less noticeable and I hardly see the issue.... although at low level it's probably because I'm watching the ground to avoid a crash!...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

57 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

The jittering is the movement of the clouds relative to everything else. Few people don't seem to see it as much. Quite surprising for those of us that can see it. Have you tried lowing a layer so it is around the high ground. You should see it then. It happens in 2D too, so I'm sure it's the same for everyone.

2D here and I see it a lot, it’s quite bad.

• Like 1

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

• ED Team
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, toni said:

Hey Newy, you are improoving sea rendering adding new waves and more stuff right ?  By when do you expect to release it ?

Will that include ship wakes ?

dont have a time line, team is very busy currently. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

dont have a time line, team is very busy currently. 

I suspect that most of these things will happen or improve when graphics engines will adapt to vulkan, right? 

Particulary I´m waiting since 1,5 years to have solved bug related with not rendered some parts of objects in VR in the left eye (the last 2.7, it is easily noticeable on aircrew carrier guys, many post in VR section without solution yet - before 2.5.6 this was not an issue -)

Edited by Gryzor

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Appreciate the update. Just to be clear though, the team has found a solution for fixing the clouds in VR and they are just working to implement that fix, right?! Or have we not found a solution yet? 

Edited by bigalsunit

10 minutes ago, bigalsunit said:

Appreciate the update. Just to be clear though, the team has found a solution for fixing the clouds in VR and they are just working to implement that fix, right?! Or have we not found a solution yet? 

Nice try.😉

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

thank's for today update !

but !😔 the "double entries commands inputs for "canopy open/closed  have not been corrected  ?" in p-51

look at mine line 263/264 change from 4 to 2 and it's done😃thanks a lot to Phil's tip (p-51 bugs section)

default.lua

Edited by crousti
add thanks
  • Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, bigalsunit said:

Its a complex problem, the team are working hard on it. When we have a fix we will let you all know. 

thanks

49 minutes ago, crousti said:

thank's for today update !

but !😔 the "double entries commands inputs for "canopy open/closed  have not been corrected  ?" in p-51

look at mine line 263/264 change from 4 to 2 and it's done😃thanks a lot to Phil's tip (p-51 bugs section)

default.lua 58.63 kB · 0 downloads

it is reported 

thanks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

I was rather hoping for a fix of that cloud settings thing, the general VR blurriness / "wash out" issue and the still kinda broken VR controllers (thanks for the laser beams, but I can only see the cursors if I use my virtual index finger as "iron sight", otherwise they won't show up and the pointing angle is still about 30° off towards the palm).

5 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

The jittering is the movement of the clouds relative to everything else. Few people don't seem to see it as much. Quite surprising for those of us that can see it.

That explains why I can't see it... I guess the movement isn't massive in how far the things jitter back and forth. Can't see mosquitoes (small things moving fast) unless I stare at them directly or stars in CAVOK night skies IRL either. And on top of that, when flying in VR, the low res of my CV1 and the general "wash out" of DCS in VR that's been around since the Channel map probably makes it even harder to see.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks for the update!
Is there something you can tell us about the AI's magic TWS detector? Do you know if the team has a fix for that in sight?

• Like 3
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Is there any more explanation to this: 

ME. Add aircraft group distance aсtivation param

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

24 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Thanks for the update!
Is there something you can tell us about the AI's magic TWS detector? Do you know if the team has a fix for that in sight?

It's not a bug. It's a feature so no fix is needed. Simple simulation of human behavior - defending against expected TWS shots.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 minutes ago, draconus said:

It's not a bug. It's a feature so no fix is needed. Simple simulation of human behavior - defending against expected TWS shots.

Ah shame on me then, for telling the AI to expect a TWS shot only on the exact moment I pull the trigger, and not a microsecond before. Thanks, I'll do better next time!

• Like 3
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

6 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Yes definitely happens in 2D, when making large camera movements the clouds appear to briefly move relative to the ground. If I fly level with the clouds and oscillate up and down, the clouds look like they're moving up and down. AFAIK it's the same effect in VR, just in VR the camera is making more rapid movements, making them look like they're jittering.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Is anyone else having troublle with their esc key not working ?  i cant seem to bring up the menu anymore ?

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg