DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Technically that’s a feature....

That's just a regular landing, tbh.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Pretty sure SSAA has never been enabled for 4K.  

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

But, you can't even select it! The only option is off. Try it on the current release version.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Yurgon said:

Yes, we definitely need the ability to rickroll entire servers! 😄

I rickrolled a Blizzard dev one time and got early access to Hearthstone because of it 🙂

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 4/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, Toumal said:

I really hope the cloud contrast in VR can be improved. They already look a LOT better than 2.5 don't get me wrong, but comparing them with 2D the difference is staggering. They're just flat white/gray. In 2D they have much darker centers and a lot more variance of brightness.

aJ2Xtqq.jpg

I was hoping to see a patch note on this with today's hotfix. But I also have to add something I noticed within my last flight with 4625. Because it was so utterly dark especially below the clouds, I just tried to see what happens when I crank the gamma up from 2.2 to 2.8. I was amazed. The clouds did actually look more like on pancake, but still not quite the same - but it was better. I was expecting to see them washed out even more (I was like "clouds washed out anyways, so let's crank up the visibility at least") and literally got the opposite of that. I suddenly got some of the darker tones. Ofc, I'll have to see now if anything changed despite not being mentioned in the log (I still remember that "500+ fixes" patch that just had a bit over 100 lines).

I'm absolutely happy to see the VR controller "pointer beam" thing fixed that Fri13 loves so much awesome.png

BTW am I really the only one totally unable to see the cloud jittering everyone is talking about? Must be my eyes... rdlaugh.png

53 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

I rickrolled a Blizzard dev one time and got early access to Hearthstone because of it 🙂

What a legend! awesome.png

EDIT: Almost forgot, the thread title with the patch notes in in still sais 2.7. But you guys might also consider opening a new thread with the 2.7 patch notes and drop the 2.5 one unpinned.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

6 minutes ago, Eldur said:

BTW am I really the only one totally unable to see the cloud jittering everyone is talking about? Must be my eyes... rdlaugh.png

The jitter I experience is in harmony with my heartbeat, especially when my pulse makes my vr headset tick.

Adrenaline/anxiety make my clouds dance 🙂

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

22 minutes ago, Eldur said:

It is very subtle for me , finally picked up in the far distance in the mountains , this after 8-9 flights in 2.7 .

Thanks for the tip re: gamma . Have to give that a try .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So far I am absolutely enjoying the latest 2.7 updates.  I just installed 2.7.0.51180 this afternoon and performance is exactly where I expect it to be now.

Initially, and in the all the past updates, I noticed 30% or more FPS drops stuttering and Crash to Desktop when starting missions after an update. 

• I also noticed the same behavior when testing out some of the most popular VR and Custom Shader Mods. 
  • Some or most of my issues may have been caused by the "Potato" Core i5 3570K struggling to recreate FXO and Meta2 files after an update while at the same time trying to start a new mission. 

I have noticed that the FXO Pre-Compiled Shaders Folder could take up to 10 minutes and on a many occasions over 30 minutes to finish compiling when loading a map for the first time. 

• Nothing I am writing here is new news and has been mentioned before many times, but I can't help but wonder how many strange stutters or issues are being caused by DCS letting a mission start while trying desperately to compile new Shaders in the background, not to mention any corruption or missing files that may result.  
  • I recently created 6 Pre-Compile Shaders Tracks using Instant Action Missions for each map.
  • Going forward when updating DCS or testing Shader Mods I plan to Monitor the FXO folder and run the short replay tracks for each map before I starting stressing about performance impact and FPS loss.

Happy Flying!

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

11 hours ago, imacken said:

But, you can't even select it! The only option is off.

That's exactly the point...

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 hours ago, Eldur said:

BTW am I really the only one totally unable to see the cloud jittering everyone is talking about? Must be my eyes... 

Try a scattered preset in low light. Clouds dancing all over the shop. I have had some occasions where it's minor but others where its everywhere! Also set a very low cloud base so that they are around the mountains in caucasus. Then you will see it for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eldur said:

BTW am I really the only one totally unable to see the cloud jittering everyone is talking about? Must be my eyes...

rdlaugh.png

Full screen. The clouds at the horizon.

Fox

• Thanks 4
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

2 hours ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Full screen. The clouds at the horizon.

Fox

Nice catch - but now I am sad. I know what to look for. Before I was blinded by ignorance . . . no more.

Thanks brah.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

you cant see it ??? are you blind ?

LoL, for real ?

look at the clouds above the wingtip, and look how they jitter compared to the shadow on the ground when he goes up and down..

and then look.. all the clouds along that horizontal line are moving the same. ps: it mostly affect clouds below you, not above you.. or less

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

On 4/22/2021 at 9:51 PM, Hiob said:

Why did they deactivate SSAA for 4K though? It worked fine.... 😢

Funny. I paly in 4K 16:9 and it was never possible to turn it ON for as long as I remember. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

That's what I said above. It is not designed for 4K displays.

• Like 1

you cant see it ??? are you blind ?

LoL, for real ?

look at the clouds above the wingtip, and look how they jitter compared to the shadow on the ground when he goes up and down..

and then look.. all the clouds along that horizontal line are moving the same. ps: it mostly affect clouds below you, not above you.. or less
The cloud dance is pretty obvious in vr and ED acknowledged that issue for vr users.

The jittering makes flying in 2D screen more appealing for me now.
A fix for this would be welcomed.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

When moving the camera around in the F2/F7 or similar view, the clouds do appear to move around. However, I'm fairly sure this is a result of my slower system (and particularly, my limited graphics card - specs all below) catching up trying to redraw them in the proper position. Though it genuinely does look like they're moving around.  

I'll see if I can duplicate them.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

11 hours ago, Eldur said:

I watched this now more than 10 times even with screen zoom. Can't see it derpyconfused.png

But your 109 does jitter a lot rdlaugh.png

Seriously!! If you are a VR player I'm very surprised this isn't obvious to you! Try a scattered preset, set with as low a base as you can. Look down on it, just fly straight and level and you will surely see the quite large movement. I think its worse at dawn or dusk, but not sure. I did one dawn flight with scattered clouds, they were all moving so much it was like the pilot had slipped a few tabs of LSD before jumping in the cockpit....

Edited by Hoirtel

12 hours ago, Eldur said:

I watched this now more than 10 times even with screen zoom. Can't see it derpyconfused.png

But your 109 does jitter a lot rdlaugh.png

Lol, really? Okay, next try. A little bit zoomed in this time. It is not so obvious when recorded and watched in 2D, but when in VR it is extremely visible.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

When moving the camera around in the F2/F7 or similar view, the clouds do appear to move around. However, I'm fairly sure this is a result of my slower system (and particularly, my limited graphics card - specs all below) catching up trying to redraw them in the proper position. It does, genuinely look like they're moving around.  

I'll see if I can duplicate them.

I have a Ryzen 5900x and a RTX3080 and the clouds still play dancing queen...

Fox

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

This is basically exactly what I see, only I'm in 2D so the clouds don't jitter, but they do appear to move around:

23 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

I have a Ryzen 5900x and a RTX3080 and the clouds still play dancing queen...

Damn...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

43 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

This is basically exactly what I see, only I'm in 2D so the clouds don't jitter, but they do appear to move around:

Damn...

It's the same effect. The jittery comes from the super small (partially unconscious) head movements in VR, that's why it is more visible in VR than in 2D.

Fox

• Like 1
Spoiler