DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Clouds looking very fine in VR, and no performance hit for me even on ultra and 3 cloud layers.

Only thing that bothers me quite a bit is that "jitter" effect on more distant clouds, quite a heavy immersion breaker for me - but fortunately ED seems to be aware of it it seems.

• Like 3

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

no performance impact on standard (clouds), little impact on ultra clouds.

so far so good.

but only testet a handfull of presets by now!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Would you guys please be so kind to post your system specs along with your reports about performance increase/decrease? Thank you very much! 
In my signature
  • Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

8700k, 1080Ti, 32gb, 1440p monitor.

No impact on FPS, holding 60fps as normal using RTSS. 

Slightly annoying re the aliasing on the horizon but ED are aware so I imagine that’ll be sorted within the next few patches hopefully.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

5800x, 32gb, SSD, 2070, 1440p screen with gsync. Doesn't appear to be a significant performance decrease. Looks really good so far.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

These clouds are gnarly. Sorry I said it. Lots of shimmer at the horizon and the clouds themselves are all blurry and weird looking. The colors are all wrong and the lighting effect they give is way off. Reminds me of the kind of light you get during an eclipse. Very diffuse. I hope they make some big improvements on this moving forward. Yikes. Is there a way to turn them off and go back to the old clouds?

• Like 1

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Clouds are great even on standard, except cirri, they are kinda "blurred" and not correct shape. No artifacts, no problems at all. Hope they can fix performance impact. 

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Excellent clouds and lighting for me. Exactly the same as the videos previously released.
About VR I tested for 1 month, 1 month lost from DCS. RV who knows 5 years from now to have performance and monitor image plus Trackir

It's sacrificing performance and image too much to have the immersion of VR

Edited by SERGIOABRAZ

I think shaders are automaticly deleted now. I checked the saved games FXO folder and they were all dated today, (before 1st  2.7 startup) * Unless I deleted them a few days ago, getting ready for the Big Patch. 

• Like 1

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Wow, splendid job on this one, ED!!  My hat off to you guys!

Thanks!

Mud

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Thanks for this update ED. I had only little time(1h) to test so far(VR) but it looks pretty good and no huge fps hit even with clouds at ultra. I'm looking forward to the coming updates! 👍🍻 

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

14 minutes ago, SERGIOABRAZ said:

As already said, it is another game

20210414140431_1.jpg

Which preset is that?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

The problem is though, as mentioned in the Known Issues, the entire cloud layer dances up and down (not just distant clouds but everywhere). This is incredibly annoying and I hope this will be fixed in the very short term...

I noticed this is "only" for the clouds looking forward and in the distance and in any non-cockpit view(F2,F3...) - in this case all clouds. If i look to the side there is no vertical jumping for me. (clouds ultra). 

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I want to take a moment to specially thank Nineline for the aditions in the ME arena. Thank you for carrying the toch and have us heard!

THANK YOU!!

• Labels. Added new small neutral dot label.
  • Mission Editor (ME). Added quadrangular trigger zones.
  • ME. Updated payloads window design. Mouse interactive view. Double RMB to reset position.
  • ME. Updated weapons and stores naming.
  • ME. Added ability to place all Player/Client Aircraft on ground without parking spot
  • Several changes in graphics effects.
  • Options. System:
  • F11 Free Camera. Added control with classic WASDkeys.
  • Added basic barrage option for FLAK and AA guns. (fire at point with altitude selection)
  • Like 5

I didn't notice it in the notes, but the WWII flashing graphics artifacts glitch seems to have been fixed. If so.. huge thanks!

I have to say, I love whatever was done to the gamma/saturation. The Channel map now looks, and plays, amazingly well. Love it! Combined with the fire effects .. I am very impressed.

Thanks for taking the time needed and delivering an awesome patch.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Still not sure the clouds and lighting etc are complimented on the Caucasus map. The vids of Syria and Channel look better...