DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

The Top features for me:

1. Clouds

2. Updates to the Syria map 👍

3. Updates to the Channel map

4. Weather Updates to a lot of IA and Campaign missions

...and the usual modul specific stuff

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

That's some change log!!

• "A lot of unique historical objects (Monasteries, Churches, Castles) have been added, the scenes around them have been improved."

I wonder if they managed to slip in the Amiens Prison on the Channel map?, it wasn't listed in the change log but one lives in hope!

Nice to see the V1 sites are on there now.......

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

we will have a long list in the patch notes once we post it.

thanks

My Spit will no longer be halfway thrown off the carrier? Ground power will work?

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• Input. Removed automatic assignment of commands to non-existing joystick buttons.

Thanks for this!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just now, 104th_Blaze said:

Previously it was mentioned that with 2.7 we might get improvements to the Viper FM. Does this mean those did not make it to the patch?

I was expecting those as well: AoA/G tuning was announced for 2.7.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 minute ago, 104th_Blaze said:

Previously it was mentioned that with 2.7 we might get improvements to the Viper FM. Does this mean those did not make it to the patch?

Overall the patch is fairly substantial and some really good improvements, but I was also disappointed to see this omitted. Hopefully it is in there.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Loads of stuff in those patch notes. As for the known issues, hope they get sorted soon, but I haven't been this excited for a patch since EDGE was released. Off to spam "Update DCS World OpenBeta"

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I know, what I'll be doing tonight.

Setting a nice cloudy weather and fly around the channel and Syria in a Heli....

Sightseeing!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just now, Borderline said:

from what I understood, we'll have preset not customization 

still, you're able to select (set) a preset....

instant action missions, will have the new clouds.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Labels. Added new small neutral dot label.

Wow, if its adopted on multiplayer servers, I may start trying MP again. I was not able to handle it anymore in RIFT S without dots at least.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Downside of those patchnotes:

Very little love for warbirds and whirly birds....

besides the propellers obviously. Don't mean to downplay that.

Edited by Hiob

1 minute ago, Hiob said:

Downside of those patchnotes:

Very little love for warbirds and whirly birds....

besides the propellers obviously. Don't mean to downplay that.

"Little love for warbirds"

I think you misspelled REDFOR

Edited by IcedVenom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kobaltkloud said:

Will there be some sort of a performance increase in terms of VR in 2.7? I am so excited to see the new cloud in VR.

Ahahaha very funny 😭 Wags said that on his rig he had almost no fps decrease, but yeah, perf are supposed to decrease; I will be surprise if this is not the case

Edited by Borderline

9 minutes ago, Wexler said:
  • Labels. Added new small neutral dot label.

Wow, if its adopted on multiplayer servers, I may start trying MP again. I was not able to handle it anymore in RIFT S without dots at least.

This sounds great and certainly is a step into the right direction even if it was doable before by editing the lua for it and just have that on a server since it's then enforced upon the clients (Spudknocker has something like that on his, can be seen in his content as well and he even mentioned that a few times). But we really also need the labels to be masked by the cockpit without having to use a mod that's basically incompatible to practically any other visual mod. Them shining through opaque matter doesn't exactly help getting immersion.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just now, Eldur said:

This sounds great and certainly is a step into the right direction even if it was doable before by editing the lua for it and just have that on a server since it's then enforced upon the clients (Spudknocker has something like that on his, can be seen in his content as well and he even mentioned that a few times). But we really also need the labels to be masked by the cockpit without having to use a mod that's basically incompatible to practically any other visual mod. Them shining through opaque matter doesn't exactly help getting immersion.

Also, I wonder what the enum value for that option will be since this will break a number of more advanced Labels.lua files.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧