DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, rayrayblues said:

With all of the things that need fixing, looking at you ATC (among others), I can't believe that the only thing everyone's talking about are clouds.  sz4M0Ns.png

Screw the clouds, they are cosmetic at best. I want the core game mechanics to work.   SRsfa58.gif

ATC, AI behavior, proper damage models for all units, RADAR, FLIR, etc. The list goes on and on. I really could care less about cosmetics right now.

"Dynamic Campaign"

Edited by Pipe
add
  • Like 2

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

2 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

With all of the things that need fixing, looking at you ATC (among others), I can't believe that the only thing everyone's talking about are clouds.  sz4M0Ns.png

Screw the clouds, they are cosmetic at best. I want the core game mechanics to work.   SRsfa58.gif

ATC, AI behavior, proper damage models for all units, RADAR, FLIR, etc. The list goes on and on. I really could care less about cosmetics right now.

Clouds are only cosmetics in your opinion? C´mon....

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Pipe said:

I busted a rib to get a few weeks off for this 🙂

I need shoulder surgery, but even that's not going to stop me from flying,  The only problem I see is which cloud set up do I want to experience first, and with what air frame.  It's going to be a tough choice,  what about you guys? 

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

@rayraybluesWe're talking about clouds because this is what we're going to get for now. They are cosmetic only atm but later will affect our flying and mission as part of weather and sensor obstruction.

The rest will come too, patience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

48 minutes ago, Gryzor said:

Clouds are only cosmetics in your opinion? C´mon....

True, but IMHO when it comes to priorities I personally think that having a proper ATC system and AI's that act right are more important than clouds.

I am anxiously waiting for the F4U and the Marianas map. They have also been teasing us about improvements to The Channel map with more airfields and such.

In my opinion, the clouds could have waited until they release the whole weather package. See below. Draconis makes my point exactly.  HVYapur.png

28 minutes ago, draconus said:

@rayraybluesWe're talking about clouds because this is what we're going to get for now. They are cosmetic only atm but later will affect our flying and mission as part of weather and sensor obstruction.

The rest will come too, patience.

Edited by rayrayblues
  • Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

True, but IMHO when it comes to priorities I personally think that having a proper ATC system and AI's that act right are more important than clouds.

I am anxiously waiting for the F4U and the Marianas map. They have also been teasing us about improvements to The Channel map with more airfields and such.

In my opinion, the clouds could have waited until they release the whole weather package. See below. Draconis makes my point exactly

ATC work is a massive task, you will need to continue being patient. 

thanks

• Like 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, lcabc888 said:

We'll have 2.7 tomorrow!

If all goes well and there aren't any blocking issues that would prevent that. 😉

• Like 2

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

10 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

In my opinion, the clouds could have waited until they release the whole weather package. See below. Draconis makes my point exactly.  HVYapur.png

imho, i'm very excited to be flying around in some great looking clouds. I also want the other stuff you mentioned, but I trust ED to prioritize things how they see fit, seeing as they are the ones in position to know what works best for them with effort level, resourcing, and timelines.

The other stuff will come in time.

Maybe the new clouds will bring in new users, and thus more money, to better fund the development of the features you listed. imho, proper ATC isn't going to pull as many users over from other flight sim titles like MSFS. Having clouds that look as nice or nicer than MSFS will.

Edited by Monkwolf
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, dburne said:

It is times like this, I am so very glad I am --- retired.

:grin:

I'll second that retirement statement 😁

• Like 2

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

12 minutes ago, Outlaw24 said:

and I'll third the statement.  Time for a drink.   BiTinBf.gif

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

37 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Many different priorities to each of us. I personally priorice inmmersion IN FLIGHT, as overall feeling, so for me proper cloud rendering is a MUST. I waited having this since LOMAC in 2004... Just because ATC maybe takes 10% of flight time ... BUT 90% left is in the sky, where clouds are, not ATC communications.

• Like 4

Sorry, but this is where I am at. An oldie . . . but perfectly describes my mind set for tomorrow:

Bravenewbies discover-coach super saiyan GIF

• Like 2

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

3 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Sorry, but this is where I am at. An oldie . . . but perfectly describes my mind set for tomorrow:

Bravenewbies discover-coach super saiyan GIF

Is it coming tomorrow now??

• Like 2

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

10 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

As much as I agree with you, I usually let the other part of community enjoy their candies as much as they want, but clouds aren't that of a little thing, I'd love to practice landings with the new cloud and weather system definitely, that's one of the first things I was doing back in 2014 when I started, I didn't do that good in 40 m/s wind haha!

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

29 minutes ago, Outlaw24 said:

I’ll third that. It’s been great to see all the advances since the early sims and it is nice to sim at night without having to worry about getting up early. 

• Like 2

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, DucS2r said:

I’ll third that. It’s been great to see all the advances since the early sims and it is nice to sim at night without having to worry about getting up early. 

Sorry, I already thirded it.  You'll have to be fourth.  q4fEPdv.png

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

Many different priorities to each of us. I personally priorice inmmersion IN FLIGHT, as overall feeling, so for me proper cloud rendering is a MUST. I waited having this since LOMAC in 2004... Just because ATC maybe takes 10% of flight time ... BUT 90% left is in the sky, where clouds are, not ATC communications.

Yes indeed, I agree +1. I think having proper looking clouds will enhance the immersion to new levels of euphoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

9 minutes ago, Worrazen said:

As much as I agree with you, I usually let the other part of community enjoy their candies as much as they want, but clouds aren't that, I'd love to practice landings with the new cloud and weather system definitely, that's one of the first things I was doing back in 2014 when I started, I didn't do that good in 40 m/s wind haha!

But, the clouds is all we're getting right now. The whole weather package will still be a while.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

4 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

cosmetic ?

wtf are you saying ? they are everything. from a tactical standpoint, for combat, and also from an aviating part.. We will see how many will manage to bring the planes home in IFR now...

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

It's starting tomorrow, but it's a phased rollout in alphabetical order based on the second letter of your forum username.

..|.. 😄

• Like 3

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5