DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

looks like the control changes in Huey and screwed up Tracking via VR for the Mini Gun.  Gun no longer slews when you move your head, only moves via input by mouse.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Rocky49 said:

looks like the control changes in Huey and screwed up Tracking via VR for the Mini Gun.  Gun no longer slews when you move your head, only moves via input by mouse.

That is as per the release notes I believe:

DCS UH-1H Huey by ED

• Gunner setting (for both modes - single player and multicrew).
  • Added advanced view settings for gunner view and gun direction. Now the player can uncouple them from each other using two presets: with the head tracking devices (such as TrackIR or VR) and without such devices, and also assign the gun to other axis controlling devices. In addition, with a head tracking device, the gunner view and gun direction are automatically uncoupled.
  • Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yes I see that but I can not find these Advanced View setting anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

That is as per the release notes I believe:

DCS UH-1H Huey by ED

• Gunner setting (for both modes - single player and multicrew).
  • Added advanced view settings for gunner view and gun direction. Now the player can uncouple them from each other using two presets: with the head tracking devices (such as TrackIR or VR) and without such devices, and also assign the gun to other axis controlling devices. In addition, with a head tracking device, the gunner view and gun direction are automatically uncoupled.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, Rocky49 said:

Yes I see that but I can not find these Advanced View setting anywhere.

There is a TrackIR & VR Gunner controls section for the Huey, I presume it is one of those?

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

VR page does not show anything to couple\uncouple head tracking for mini gun.  There may be a simple solution but so far I have looked at all the control assignments for the Huey but do not see anything about the Advanced View or gunner view or gun direction.  

13 minutes ago, Rocky49 said:

VR page does not show anything to couple\uncouple head tracking for mini gun.  There may be a simple solution but so far I have looked at all the control assignments for the Huey but do not see anything about the Advanced View or gunner view or gun direction.  

I just saw a New Grim Reapers Video an hour ago.  In it they mention RShift +T  to Uncouple Aiming between Mouse and TrackIR.. May that will work for you too.

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 minute ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

I just saw a New Grim Reapers Video an hour ago.  In it they mention RShift +T  to Uncouple Aiming between Mouse and TrackIR.. May that will work for you too.

Cheers.

I'll give that a Try, Thanks.

Ysiad-rip

That worked, but have to reset it every time I start a Huey mission, Kinda clunky.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rocky49 said:

Ysiad-rip

That worked, but have to reset it every time I start a Huey mission, Kinda clunky.  Thanks for the info.

Good to know. I have found it in the main UH-1H Sim controls under "Uncoupled Aiming On/Off" so you can bind it to something more accessible as it defaults to uncoupled with VR/TrackIR

Yah, I am going to bind it to a switch on my throttle.  Can't bind any of my joystick buttons to this at this time.

Edited by Rocky49
new information

Has anybody found the new keyboard command and axes information for the Mirage yet? I've come up empty so far.

image.png

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Just out of curiosity, what specific flight model changes are you hoping to see?

What is included in the item "Flight model update" (Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues) and how much more ED will decide to improve in this regard. Basically, what I and so many others prioritized in the F / A-18C Hornet Roadmap features poll

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/236553-dcs-fa-18c-hornet-features-roadmap-2020/#elControls_237326_menu

This does not mean that I am currently unhappy with the F-A-18C, indeed it is a truly wonderful product, but I also expect that over time there will be an update to the FM.

Edited by joker62

In my opinion, when an AIM-9 is triggered, the F-14 still has the best sound. I find the new sound more pleasant, nice that ED has changed something here. But it all sounds the same. But as I already wrote in another threat, there are larger, more important construction sites in DCS. Or?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

12 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

The following campaigns do not appear: DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus campaign and F/A-18C Rising Squall Campaign 

They are here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/

Buy, install in Module Manager and play. Steam versions are not available yet.

@ShimvolskiAsk here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/795-fa-18c-rising-squall-campaign/

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

8 hours ago, joker62 said:

What is included in the item "Flight model update" (Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues) and how much more ED will decide to improve in this regard. Basically, what I and so many others prioritized in the F / A-18C Hornet Roadmap features poll

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/236553-dcs-fa-18c-hornet-features-roadmap-2020/#elControls_237326_menu

This does not mean that I am currently unhappy with the F-A-18C, indeed it is a truly wonderful product, but I also expect that over time there will be an update to the FM.

Got it. Thanks! :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

8 hours ago, blaster182 said:

Has anybody found the new keyboard command and axes information for the Mirage yet? I've come up empty so far.

image.png

Here you go.....scroll until

the end of that post, there you’ll find the new axes and buttons

Edited by nima2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nima2014 said:

Here you go.....scroll until

the end of that post, there you’ll find the new axes and buttons

Excellent, thank you nima2014! 

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

Cant seem to update I get an error saying:

00272.715 STATUS: Can't delete D:\Games SSD\DCS World beta\Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Doc/DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf: (5) Access is denied.

What should I do?

Edit: Seems that my antivirus was blocking updater when it tried to delete that file, problem solved.

Edited by Furiz

Can anybody explain what is this fix about please?

• Crash cockpit::F18::avArmamentControl_AYK22_F18 - fixed

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

Is the next update, big update? Will it be this month? 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

3 minutes ago, ebabil said:

The next update will be a big update with 2.7, introducing the new clouds. In the Reach for the Skies video the description specified it was coming in March, though has since been changed to just Q1 (though I'm more expecting April, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if earlier).

I doubt we'll see anything but hotfixes if that this month.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 minutes ago, ebabil said:

• Thanks 2

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals