DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I just hopped into an MP server just to see if was single player only related and I can clearly see and feel the timed hitch, only seems to be in Syria map

YHBIxSr.jpg

@Mustang I'm not seeing the same , im also not seeing any shared GPU memory usage on my 1080ti card with 11GB of memory ... which might be a factor

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Baltic Dragon for president! :worthy:

And thanks in general to all parties for this extensive list of improvements.

Just one thing I didn't see in the patch notes: "Has the F/A-18C glowing orb of light bug been squashed?"

Anyone tested yet? (not at my game pc)

What an absolute whopper of a patch! I bought this campaign and when I couldn't use the tank killer I uninstalled it! Well now, maybe it's time to enter the dragon!!!

Kudos to team ED!!!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

• Terrain: improved background preload for less stutters
  • Terrain surface textures: improved details at altitude for HIGH terrain texture option
  • Terrain: improved loading resources and memory management
  • Terrain: fixed excessively curved paths
  • Terrain: fixed leak after destroying scene object
  • Terrain: fixed civil traffic disappearing
  • Terrain: fixed grass disappearing
  • Trees: improved far LOD rendering

Interested in these fixes...

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

As someone else mentioned: I can confirm marked stutters/hiccups in the Syria map that were not there before- every 6-8 seconds. (1090ti,SSD, i7,3,7 ghz, 32 mb RAM)

Performance in the Channel map seems exactly like before, noticing severe frame drops when looking over populated areas (Ex. Ramsgate free flight).

• Like 1

As someone else mentioned: I can confirm marked stutters/hiccups in the Syria map that were not there before- every 6-8 seconds. (1090ti,SSD, i7,3,7 ghz, 32 mb RAM)

Performance in the Channel map seems exactly like before, noticing severe frame drops when looking over populated areas (Ex. Ramsgate free flight).

Shame, was hoping the Syria map would be spot on this time round....

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Yep, PG and Caucasus maps are fine it's only the Syria map causing issue here - I don't own the WW2 maps so I cannot verify those.

Yep, PG and Caucasus maps are fine it's only the Syria map causing issue here - I don't own the WW2 maps so I cannot verify those.

I have just had a quick test flight and haven't noticed this - will try in more depth later

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

... and I can now confirm the same hiccups in Normandy (every 6-8 seconds) as in Syria. Both are Ugra, so that might be the reason.

I have just tried this map as well without stutters (in VR) so it will be interesting to see what the cause is

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

yes..... :megalol:

nice. i know, that they've become quite the meme, but i'm honestly looking forward to them. i think it can add realism and a sense of scale to the world.

do you have to put them in manually as units, or can you auto-populate an area with a trigger or similar?

I am seeing a hitch in framerate consistency every 5-6 seconds in the Syria map, anyone else noticing this?

I have no hick ups with Syria. Same crappy fps as before over densely populated towns and cities, HOWEVER, a definite improvement in performance on airfields. Using same settings as before I now have mostly smooth fps on air bases and it used to be unflyable before so happy with that! If only densely populated areas now got some better performance that would be amazing. Also feel like the trees could be better optimized. Syria and Georgia.

3950X

2080 Super

64GB RAM

Evo 970 2TB SSD

38" ultra wide screen

crashes every start up, crash report sent

[update: I removed my usb wheel and my second usb keyboard, now it starts up fine again. Had never a problem with older dcs versions. Perhaps the way controllers are handled changed.]

Also crash on every startup. Tried your tip unpluggin USB racing wheel and it helped! However if I plug it back it crashes on start again.

• ED Team

Hi all

if you are getting a crash please make a new thread here with your dcs log we will look into it

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/game-crash-ad

ensure you have removed all unofficial mods including shader mods

run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

\Still stuttering. I deleted shaders, I removed all mods, repaired install - still getting stutters and Normandy crashes when trying to load (most times, not always).

edit: Gave up last night. Shut down the computer. Restarted this morning, deleted shaders again. Stutter seems fixed and hasn't crashed yet. Will now start re-enabling things like Vaicom and Tacview. Hopefully it will remain happy.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Performance wise seems identical to before in VR, channel map still poor FPS over populated areas, still have the Rapidly growing trees in Syria as well.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Regarding 8 sec stutter interval: My bad, it was a leftover mod. Mustangs shader. Disabled and performance in Syria is excellent. Also noticed: Dramatic improvement in Channel map at airfields, where I before had severe FPS drops. Now they are smooth. Cities still an issue for the Channel though.

• Like 2