DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Ehh...

We do :).

Have I missed something? I don't see any datalink sources in my JHMCS, I don't see navpoints, markpoints or SPI in it either, I also can't create mark points with it and it doesn't have a TGP image in it. It's basically just a HUD repeater (well, sort of) and the only feature it has on top of that is slaving the winders seekerhead. Well, as of yet rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

...I don't see any datalink sources in my JHMCS, I don't see navpoints, markpoints or SPI in it either, I also can't create mark points with it and it doesn't have a TGP image in it... rainbowdashwink.png

That's what I meant.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

No. In flight, with F-18 or F-16. No NVG googles are switched on

With A-10 it does work.

No what I mean is that you can either have JHMCS or the NVGs, you have to select which one you want on the ground via the ground crew.

If you have JHMCS you won't have any NVGs available and vice versa.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

LOL, I'm waiting for an FM for that thing and controls that don't start working at like 8% of throw where 9% is already way too much because it's so nimble. I wish I had such lesser problems... fsgrin.png

Youre already watching casmo's videos, watch his on the gazelle and punch in the saturation numbers he used, it makes the helo much more useable . I love flying the gaz- when i feel like low level sight seeing (or if i wanna fly but dont have time to run a whole mission) im usually in the gazelle or the harrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Any news about the clouds / weather engine ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

the saturation numbers he used

And in case you dont feel like watching 30 minutes of bleeping video to get to two numbers, its 30 on roll,25 on pitch. And yes it makes a huge difference to use those saturation numbers, even on my 40cm virpil stick.

Anyway, on topic, why isn't the update to the A-10A, -C and -C2 flight models not mentioned in the patch notes?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Mmmm, personally I'd love for details on the features and what we can do with the new weather system.

One thing I'm also wondering about is the stable build, hopefully one can't be too far away, unless there's some showstopper bugs in the latest build (I saw that the displays were a bit borked in the update where the F-16 got its Mavericks and HARMs).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Youre already watching casmo's videos, watch his on the gazelle and punch in the saturation numbers he used, it makes the helo much more useable . I love flying the gaz- when i feel like low level sight seeing (or if i wanna fly but dont have time to run a whole mission) im usually in the gazelle or the harrier

Thanks, tried that already way before. Problem is with FFB sticks and I just don't want to switch it off and on afterwards including full DCS restarts just to be able to fly that one module. But I haven't tried that yet which I always wanted to do... but there's a lot more that I want to do before that, so... icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

Aye, I’ve noticed the same difference about clouds.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I see there's an update today...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Anyone got the low down?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I hope we get an update soon!

Me too

Or at least, they should give us more details about

Cloud layers, type of clouds, etc...

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

this patch is 50 gigs

+/- 400MB on my end (bit over 500 unpacked)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
"multiplayer protocol changed"

What does this mean ?

It just means old versions of dcs wont see the new servers unless they update

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2