DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Terrain data and map object changes for the Syria map. Such changes on terrain data are always huge in size.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm curious. Can anyone explain to me what causes the latest OB 2.5.6.54046 to be 26GB in size?

With my (lack of) programming knowledge I can't really find anything in the patch notes which would indicate such a big update

Also, are we going back to weekly updates ED? (26GB seems more than just a quick hot-fix)

No up-, or down-vote for me, but I thought the decision was made to go back to monthly update intervals, just like we had a few years ago

Aside from Ugra who have proven they respond quite rapidly, I’d say the bulk of the update was perhaps stuff that just barely missed the last update?

My gut says the next one will again be 4 weeks down the road with maybe some more tweaks in 2 weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

That does not describe the Normandy map experience very well.

I’m not sure that’s really fair.

Ugra clearly did some good work on performance enhancements (IMO).

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I’m not sure that’s really fair.

Ugra clearly did some good work on performance enhancements (IMO).

Like two years after it was released. And it seem to have gone back to slow in these last two updates. They don't respond to our bug reports either.

I'm curious. Can anyone explain to me what causes the latest OB 2.5.6.54046 to be 26GB in size?

With my (lack of) programming knowledge I can't really find anything in the patch notes which would indicate such a big update

Also, are we going back to weekly updates ED? (26GB seems more than just a quick hot-fix)

No up-, or down-vote for me, but I thought the decision was made to go back to monthly update intervals, just like we had a few years ago

My vote is ground radar layers. Channel had none at all...

Previous OB update (2.5.6.53756) we saw this in the patch notes:

• Added removing of precompiled shaders from previous version of dcs on Update.

Could someone from ED please explain what this means?

(We still have to manually delete the content of our fxo and metashaders2 folders)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Previous OB update (2.5.6.53756) we saw this in the patch notes:

Could someone from ED please explain what this means?

(We still have to manually delete the content of our fxo and metashaders2 folders)

I was wondering the same and while researching found a bunch of .meta2 files in the DCS\Mods\terrains\map_name\misc\metacache folders. Tried deleting them which made DCS hang on launch, so obviously they're downloaded not created on our own machines. (Then restored them with a Repair.) I assume they mean there were some vestigial ones from earlier versions so it now deletes them. No idea why something that esoteric and transparent to the user makes it to the change log when so much else doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Why I understand there would be no update today, I am not sure I get the reference to this link

This post on this link was posted on the 14 th of May 2020 and several updates has come since that time.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The post gets updated, it was last edited the end of August.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Oh yeah I get it. Did not read through the content when I saw the date indicated on the post. The content there shows the stable and openbeta versions are current versions.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

My personal guess is we will probably see an update next week or the week after at the latest (16th or 23rd).

Can't wait for those HARMs and Mavericks on my Viper :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

My personal guess is we will probably see an update next week or the week after at the latest (16th or 23rd).

Can't wait for those HARMs and Mavericks on my Viper :)

Wouldn't count on it.... Been counting on it since they first announced them being in the sim back in April... every update since I've been disappointed...

Wouldn't count on it.... Been counting on it since they first announced them being in the sim back in April... every update since I've been disappointed...

They got a new developer. So you actually expected the new dev to whip out mavs and harms in their first month?:lol:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Well, unlike you I just started counting on them to be in the next update ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would think they have the Mav's working internally on the viper at this point. I think the system being much more complex on the viper is part of the reason for the delay. At this point however the viper needs something major pretty soon. It is a decent A2A platform and honestly my favorite A2A platform but we have F14 F15 for that and they do the job better due to the ability to stay on station for a far longer duration than the viper. F16 really needs to get in get the job done and get out. Right now they just don't really bring anything to the table.

To be honest. I'm more interested in JDAM and JSOW for the F-16 just because, like with the Hornet, these weapons will provide better standoff range for the F-16 than the Maverick. Especially when you factor in the Viper's ability to accelerate better than the Hornet.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Can't wait for those HARMs and Mavericks on my Viper smile.gif

Just leaving that here:

There was a "mini update" in yesterday's Tactical Pascal interview with Kate Perederko.

She said that Maverick and HARM testing is going well and we can expect it in next OB update.

:music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg