DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

No real difference for me.

As you say, must be baffling for the developers.

I do wonder if the players with issues are ensuring that they’ve tried system optimisation, have cleared shaders etc

Something like performance gain or loss can depend on your system and modules you're flying. It can be a bug on the specific module and sometimes, just reinstalling the software via the DCS update could've fixed the performance issues you were having even tho nothing was changed on DCS.

Something like performance gain or loss can depend on your system and modules you're flying. It can be a bug on the specific module and sometimes, just reinstalling the software via the DCS update could've fixed the performance issues you were having even tho nothing was changed on DCS.

Can you imagine if they would have used this software when they faked the moon landings? “Houston, the eagle has landed “, “err, thats the surface of mars Houston, can you change the graphic?” “Yep, thats better! Damn, f10 no longer works for the open capsule bind!!” “Honey, go play outside” “Damn it mom, we’re making history here!.......

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

if there is a difference for me its minor, it certainly didnt get any worse

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I got a great performance boost after the patch, 22FPS online in the Rift up to 45 with a few minor drops. Tried yesterday and the FPS has dropped to low to mid 30's. Even when I am in the menu the FPS has dropped from 90 to 45. I saw a post by BIGNEWY mentioning that the new WIN 10 update had a negative effect on his system, but he managed to fix it. So I am guessing the new WIN 10 update has borked the latest DCS update for a few people.

Z790, 13700K, RTX4080, 32 gig RAM, Warthog,  WarBRD base , Virpil Pedals, Pico 4

Doing a repair did not help with the VR performance. Still stutters a lot. :(

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team

If you are using windows update to version 2004

A few points

hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling created stutter in VR for my machine and I also had to re-apply my nvidia settings and all was back to great frames again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281151

worth checking

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What's the outlook on a stable patch? On patch status, both ob and stable are listed as "TBA"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

What's the outlook on a stable patch? On patch status, both ob and stable are listed as "TBA"

I believe the next update will happen on August 12th!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

If you are using windows update to version 2004

A few points

hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling created stutter in VR for my machine and I also had to re-apply my nvidia settings and all was back to great frames again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281151

worth checking

Same here. I disabled GPU Scheduling too after i got a lot of stutter in VR. Atlhough i did not re-applied my Nvidia Settings i have good performance. But going to Nvidia options and re-apply it to see if i get some improvement.

Thanks,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Anything in particular pointing to that date?

If the feedback has been largely positive, unlike the recent trainwrecks, and there hasnt been a need to issue a hotfix, how long should it take to decide if a build is ready for the big time?

Also, i want to emphasize i wasnt trying to pin ED to a date, just are we cold?warm? Hot? Are there a few loose ends to tie up, or do things look good for a stable update in the near future?

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Anything in particular pointing to that date?

If the feedback has been largely positive, unlike the recent trainwrecks, and there hasnt been a need to issue a hotfix, how long should it take to decide if a build is ready for the big time?

Also, i want to emphasize i wasnt trying to pin ED to a date, just are we cold?warm? Hot? Are there a few loose ends to tie up, or do things look good for a stable update in the near future?

I think it's specifically the fact that this patch seems to have been successful, while the previous ones since 2.5.6 have been messy, that makes it more likely they will just delay patches more. That will ensure more time for testing and hopefully fewer game-breaking bugs compared to the last few months.

That's fine, I think an OB update once a month is wonderful. I think players will be happier with fewer yet higher quality patches, and for programmers & but hunters, it must be nice to not be living under a crunch situation week in and week out. For the public faces of ED- wags, newey-,9line, Nick grey,and any others I failed to mention- there must be a real sense of relief at not having to bear the brunt of anger& frustration week in& week out. All told, I think it's a positive direction.

The question is: what is the wait time after releasing an OB patch to check the general consensus of whether we have a keeper of whether we need to go back to the drawing board & iron out a few more things. How long do they allot to determining whether a build is stable-ready?

System:

• ED Team

Open beta patch notes are up

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4429863&postcount=103

Patch is live!

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The seperate download folder is now deprecated? Why? :huh:

I really depend on that function for bigger updates as my DCS partition hasn't much room to spare for temporary downlaod files and this function helped a lot with that and worked fine :noexpression:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
The seperate download folder is now deprecated? Why? :huh:

I really depend on that function for bigger updates as my DCS partition hasn't much room to spare for temporary downlaod files and this function helped a lot with that and worked fine :noexpression:

you can use Symbolic Links but it has to be done manually now.

To many people were using custom download locations that were dangerous unfortunately, leaving it for the user to do manually is the safest option.

thank you