DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Do a repair. Maybe after that you ready to go. :D
Yeah, I did all that dance severally,

Even left the download process on two nights and come check the next mornings, it just there hung.. I just gave up.

I am hoping the next patch would be less of an issue downloading.

Thanks anyways for the suggestion.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I have been only a short time part of this community but I think Bignewy is doing fine job. He can send news only when he has news. It's not his fault if he sometimes bring bad news about postponed patches or slow advancing modules.

By the way F-16 is not a disaster like someone mentioned. I enjoy very much flying with it. I like to take screen captures a lot and in my opinion camera loves F-16.

He is rude when confronted with frustrated customer (some of whom actually work in other software companies or are software engineers - some others who are actual IT system admins such as myself who has worked both).

His tone when confronted with real pointed and difficult questions is “just shut up stupid”. The team has kicked users off of discord for such things. I’m sure I’ll get kicked for even mentioning any of this here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is rude when confronted with frustrated customer (some of whom actually work in other software companies or are software engineers - some others who are actual IT system admins such as myself who has worked both).

His tone when confronted with real pointed and difficult questions is “just shut up stupid”. The team has kicked users off of discord for such things. I’m sure I’ll get kicked for even mentioning any of this here...

I get that full functionality of some mods takes time but when a new update comes out and breaks what was already working it is beyond maddening.

It is rather maddening sometimes, especially if it concerns important bits. But come on, breeeathe.

I find it similarly infuriating when someone in truest Karen-the-boomer fashion complains about 'someone being rude' when they themselves have done nothing but insulting rants, but that's just me.

I find it similarly infuriating when someone in truest Karen-the-boomer fashion complains about 'someone being rude' when they themselves have done nothing but insulting rants, but that's just me.

*this* 5 total posts, all of them offensive or whining frankly i would have banned them but that's just me (ignored instead), BN is more patient than i am...

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

+1

Unfortunately the Internet seems to encourage people to be rude in a way they hopefully would never be face-to-face

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I get that it’s “Open Beta” but how about moving stuff to stable like ASAP And making the stuff you have fully functional and working before ANY new add-ons??

Didn't you say you had worked in software development?

Let's simplify and say that there are 3 groups of developers involved in the development of an aircraft addon: 3D modellers (including texture artists), flight modellers (making the plane behave correctly in the air) and systems modellers (weapons, radars, etc.).

Let's also simplify and say that the 3D model must be at least partially finished before flight modelling can begin, and that the flight model must be at least partially finished before systems modelling can begin.

So either you could do it like this:

Phase 1:

3D modellers busy

Flight modellers idle, waiting for a plane to model

Systems modellers idle, waiting for a plane to model

Phase 2:

3D modellers idle, finished

Flight modellers busy

Systems modellers maybe working on what they can, but also idle waiting for a better flight model so that weapons behaviour etc can be correct

Phase 3:

3D modellers idle, finished

Flight modellers idle, finished

Systems modellers busy finishing up the module

Or, you can do it like this:

3D modellers busy on plane #3

Flight modellers busy on plane #2

Systems modellers busy on plane #1

Then later, plane #1 is finished and they can move on:

3D modellers busy on plane #4

Flight modellers busy on plane #3

Systems modellers busy on plane #2

With this pipeline model you do have more than 1 unfinished plane at any given time, but all workers are busy working on new stuff, and planes are produced faster. Most software companies cannot afford to have workers doing nothing.

It would be silly if 3D modellers would have to wait until the systems modellers had completed the Hornet until they could start on the F-16 3D model.

I get that full functionality of some mods takes time but when a new update comes out and breaks what was already working it is beyond maddening.

And you have worked in IT systems? -_o

You think a game like DCS in its "OPEN BETA" branch should have High Availibility to avoid breaking working stuff? Becayse to me that is the very reason you have an OB branch, to fix that before going STABLE...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

The beta is for public testing with more different configs before it goes to stable branch.

Usually after a SHORT period of time of rigorous testing you move the release OUT of Beta...

...getting tired of spending massive amounts of $$ for a perpetual BETA.

• ED Team

Off topic deleted,

please keep this thread for DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Still planned yes,

Team are doing final checks currently.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I apologize for my off topic posts. Shouldn’t have made them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Still planned yes,

Team are doing final checks currently.

thank you

Curious like every week. :D

Thanks bignewy

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

As for last weeks update, the changelog didn't mention that you did night lighting, stars, moon etc. awesome! The entire sim also feels more "atmospheric" during daytime. These changes as well as the performance increase over the last few updates have been most welcome.

I feel like a kid waiting to open my Christmas presents... I love Wednesdays

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

As for last weeks update, the changelog didn't mention that you did night lighting, stars, moon etc. awesome! The entire sim also feels more "atmospheric" during daytime. These changes as well as the performance increase over the last few updates have been most welcome.

And the overcast lighting at dusk/dawn. After years broken it was finally fixed last week :) Now the cloud layer doesn't glow at those hours and it's a joy to fly over it during the golden hour.

Are you going to include fixes for cockpit lights and f18 display reflexions in this patch? I do not even understand how that “slipped” through QA. We expected less bugs with closed beta team, and we just got more yt videos (it’s not salt, it’s reality @BIGNEWY). Last patch was feature ritch, expecting a polishing today.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Mavs for the Viper hopefully.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||