DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Ever since updating with stable 2.5.6 and getting SC, my system is crazy slow to load and now crashes about every second or third mission I try. Anyone else experiencing this change in performance after updating to stable 2.5.6? Running on a drive with 1.37TB space left, and 370GB free space in c:, so I don't think that is the issue.

Ever since updating with stable 2.5.6 and getting SC, my system is crazy slow to load and now crashes about every second or third mission I try. Anyone else experiencing this change in performance after updating to stable 2.5.6? Running on a drive with 1.37TB space left, and 370GB free space in c:, so I don't think that is the issue.

Welcome to the reason the stable build was held back so long. All those people complaining about no update are now realizing why. Some of those bugs (like performance and memory leaks) were never fully fixed, but I guess ED got tired of the whining, and needed the cash influx from the new modules

What missions are crashing for you? I mostly do my own missions where I test things but I don't have any problems with my own missions and game loads really fast. I could try out the same missions if I am getting crashes too and bad performance.

Ever since updating with stable 2.5.6 and getting SC, my system is crazy slow to load and now crashes about every second or third mission I try. Anyone else experiencing this change in performance after updating to stable 2.5.6?

The only mission that crashed for me recently was the 2nd (iirc) mission in the Hornet mini-campaign (Close Air Support): I couldn't finish that mission and thus the campaign because the game kept crashing on that mission. That has been fixed since the latest stable build for me.

Performance is ok. Not what I wished it would be, but a massive improvement over what it's been earlier this year.

Normandy's still pretty much unplayable for me (when there's a mission with ground units) but that's been like that ever since DCS 2.0, so I'll have to wait for further VR improvements... More recently The Channel of course, the bad performance there is just ridiculous.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Maybe ED should start announcing performance dumps in the patch notes as well ;)

Or is it implicit?

+1. Looking what´s happens with the sim now, i think it would convenient. I lost all hopes to see perf. improvements looking the history the last year. Vulkan announced since december 2017.... we are now passing 2020 Q2.

Edited by Gryzor

What missions are crashing for you? I mostly do my own missions where I test things but I don't have any problems with my own missions and game loads really fast. I could try out the same missions if I am getting crashes too and bad performance.

The mission I have tried so far are Supercarrier_Test_Mission.miz, and the campaigns are Serpents Head Nevada Black Sea 6.0 and Cage_the_Bear_-_HORNET_v1.2.23052020. Both worked with 2.5.5, but now the system freezes at various times. Some missions have worked fine, like a SC Case I landing and cold start. However, just starting DCS takes nearly 5 minutes to boot up to even the main page, and then several minutes to load missions which work.

Any ideas?

So far I have had the issues with Supercarrier_Test_Mission, campaigns Serpents Head Nevada Black Sea 6.0 and Cage_the_Bear_-_HORNET_v1.2.23052020. SC Case I and cold start up work fine. However, just botting up DCS takes up to 5 minutes to get to main page. and getting missions to load takes almost as long.

So far I have had the issues with Supercarrier_Test_Mission, campaigns Serpents Head Nevada Black Sea 6.0 and Cage_the_Bear_-_HORNET_v1.2.23052020. SC Case I and cold start up work fine. However, just botting up DCS takes up to 5 minutes to get to main page. and getting missions to load takes almost as long.

CTB, has been updated to deal with 2.5.6 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308483/

and is now on v1.2.27052020, which works with the super carrier, and i have been playing it it without major issues

I don't know about Serpents head

if you have only recently upgraded to 2.5.6 chances are you will be recompiling shaders the first few missions

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

CTB, has been updated to deal with 2.5.6 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308483/

and is now on v1.2.27052020, which works with the super carrier, and i have been playing it it without major issues

I don't know about Serpents head

if you have only recently upgraded to 2.5.6 chances are you will be recompiling shaders the first few missions

I still get CTD issues with CTB campaign for f18. ATC starts repeating itself, then it crashes. My guess would be a memory leak

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Lower priority was probably not the right term to use.

The team are working on some key items before the clouds can be made ready for public builds.

Thanks

You know, you guys sound like a broken record. Bad enough with the broken F-16 - that you cannot even use for AG let alone AA now.

I get that it’s “Open Beta” but how about moving stuff to stable like ASAP And making the stuff you have fully functional and working before ANY new add-ons??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent complain to ED support and these are their recommendations

to resolve this issue you can try some hints:

try to Completely disable AV and Firewall and try again

try to manually change DNS server for IPv4 to free DNS from Google 8.8.8.8

try to flush DNS via the command prompt - ipconfig /flushdns (http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-flush-dns.html)

try to do a WINSOCK reset via the command prompt - netsh winsock reset

I have tried first on the list and it got stuck again at 669mbytes.

Proceeding on the others

So, basically expose your machine to download the things;

Why can’t ED test with basic AV software to make sure it works? I have to disable Cylance to make my stuff works - that kinda blows..

They really need to find someone other than you to handle communications to the community...

I really wish someone handle your communications.

1. ED and 3rd party devs work on dev version and put that work into beta update for test.

2. If they're happy with beta changes they put them into stable.

3. Both fixing issues and development is continuous and parallel work.

4. If you want fully functional don't buy EA stuff.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222881

5. It's not their fault that your program is blocking updates.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You know, you guys sound like a broken record. Bad enough with the broken F-16 - that you cannot even use for AG let alone AA now.

Really? The F-16 works absolutly fine for AG in the current beta and besides the radar elevation display on the radar cursor I don't see any issues with AA either?! :huh:

Edit: Apparently there are some issues with CCRP cueing, but when I dropped LGBs yesterday I haven't even noticed that :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

They really need to find someone other than you to handle communications to the community...

You’ve not been in the forum community long enough to come to such a conclusion don’t you think?

Consider that many of us are happy to suffer the bugs if it means we get to try the new features sooner. We also report things that don’t work because we would like them fixed ASAP but we don’t go about it in the way you are. That’s why ED chose to have an open beta and a stable version.

Bignewy has been communicating to us on EDs behalf for a while now. I don’t know exactly what you expect from him but he can only report on information told to him by the developers and I’ve never had a problem with what he does same as many others on here I’m sure.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

:thumbup: to that.

Bignewy has been a breath of fresh air on these forums since he took on his role.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I hope ED fix the update server issue.

A great number of the update server are down.

I could not download the latest update patch since released as result of getting stuck midway.

The latest patch is about the only version I never got to try in dcs openbeta. Waiting for today's patch instead.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I hope ED fix the update server issue.

A great number of the update server are down.

I could not download the latest update patch since released as result of getting stuck midway.

The latest patch is about the only version I never got to try in dcs openbeta. Waiting for today's patch instead.

Do a repair. Maybe after that you ready to go. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I have been only a short time part of this community but I think Bignewy is doing fine job. He can send news only when he has news. It's not his fault if he sometimes bring bad news about postponed patches or slow advancing modules.

By the way F-16 is not a disaster like someone mentioned. I enjoy very much flying with it. I like to take screen captures a lot and in my opinion camera loves F-16.

Edited by vermu