DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Any news about the new clouds ?

Sincerelly, I think that ED doesn´t have programmers with the necessary skills to develop new clouds, appart of performance disaster seen patch after patch (beta or non beta)... the clouds were promised by 2019. 6 month after without any news (I remember Kate saying that were start working in May).

Edited by Gryzor

• ED Team
Sincerelly, I think that ED doesn´t have programmers with the necessary skills to develop new clouds, appart of performance disaster seen patch after patch (beta or non beta)... the clouds were promised by 2019. 6 month after without any news (I remember Kate saying that were start working in May).

Clouds are still planned but they are a lower priority currently.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Clouds are still planned but they are a lower priority currently.

thanks

Thanks BigNewy.

So in a (combat) flight simulator the clouds are a low priority now? perfect, perfect.... Could we know why that decission?

I´m sure that for the community the clouds & weather are TOP priorities, much higher that channel map or P-47 (totally unnecessary IMHO). Day after day I see that ED doesn´t listen to anyone. Any ETA now? By the end of 2020 maybe?

• ED Team
Thanks BigNewy.

So in a (combat) flight simulator the clouds are a low priority now? perfect, perfect.... Could we know why that decission?

I´m sure that for the community the clouds & weather are TOP priorities, much higher that channel map or P-47 (totally unnecessary IMHO). Day after day I see that ED doesn´t listen to anyone. Any ETA now? By the end of 2020 maybe?

Lower priority was probably not the right term to use.

The team are working on some key items before the clouds can be made ready for public builds.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BigNewy.

The P-47 has build by the WW2 team and Channel map by Minsk terrain team. Cloud and weather has part of Core team and that have other priorities.

I rarely take position in such kind of debate, since a new WWII map can please some where a new JDAM pleases others, but I have to agree that WEATHER in general (and for all genre, era, epoch or technology) is capital in a flight sim... I fly myself a modest Cessna and Weather is THE most important factor in aviation...

At least we have better seasons than in the original LOMAC :-)

But, sincerely, a really detailed weather system, clouds, mist, fog (the actual fog is ridiculous) clouds that dont make layered pancakes on the mountain sides, turbulence, updrafts, burble, windshear, etc... That! would make flying so much more challenging... and realistic... I think it should have top priority!!! I would even be ready to BUY a weather module... DCS SNOWSTORM (HAHA!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I even would pay for a weather patch and fps optimization... in the original LOMAC the clouds, at least, didn´t disappears with F11 view or after flying 100Km from base. In my opinion LOMAC had better weather implementation. Even remember there was god rays thorought overcast clouds... was very impressive for its time. Much better than now.

The clouds are a low priority ?

Thank you, good luck with the Supercarrier

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• ED Team
The clouds are a low priority ?

Thank you, good luck with the Supercarrier

The team are working on some key items before the clouds can be made ready for public builds.

Thanks

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Thanks

Hey I was wondering if the team is going to be bringing new physics for AAR? To sim the bow wave and collision detection as well as being able to break the boom or basket from hitting the hose to create the sine wave.

It is so easy that people are doing it inverted which would never be a thing in real life.:D

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Hey I was wondering if the team is going to be bringing new physics for AAR? To sim the bow wave and collision detection as well as being able to break the boom or basket from hitting the hose to create the sine wave.

It is so easy that people are doing it inverted which would never be a thing in real life.:D

Let the team focus in other things please. New physics for AAR only for refueling operation lowering performance even more than now??? we had wake turbulence effects for nasa computers now!!!... better no, thanks. I hope with my 3080ti could reach 45fps in VR... lets dream.

Thanks BigNewy.

Well, TBH if the thing runs as bad as it does now, literally everything other than improving the rendering performance should be low priority.

Thanks

Probably the humidity model and network sync. Just updating the looks of the clouds wouldn't to justice to anyone. It's part of a wholly new weather system.

I even would pay for a weather patch and fps optimization... in the original LOMAC the clouds, at least, didn´t disappears with F11 view or after flying 100Km from base. In my opinion LOMAC had better weather implementation. Even remember there was god rays thorought overcast clouds... was very impressive for its time. Much better than now.

Almost forgot about the Celestia rays there and it was out of my mind that those clouds didn't disappear, but I remember them being desync'd as well. It was such a great experience back then to take off in a stormy overcast, bust through the layer and see the blue sky above. The clouds looked awesome from up there. Too bad we didn't get any improvements over that and even some issues appeared. Really looking forward to see ED setting the bar up high again here.

It is so easy that people are doing it inverted which would never be a thing in real life.biggrin.gif

Well, I guess those have a bit more than just about 3000 hours on their type already, so it's easy to them. Getting there is hard enough, but I'd also like to see real behaviour here, but this should be an option just like the wake turbulence.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Let the team focus in other things please. New physics for AAR only for refueling operation lowering performance even more than now??? we had wake turbulence effects for nasa computers now!!!... better no, thanks. I hope with my 3080ti could reach 45fps in VR... lets dream.

Dude chill out. I can ask a question just like everyone else. It doesn't mean they are going to drop everything and work on my suggestions. Jesus man...

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Thanks BigNewy.

So let me guess you play SP only and / or haven't realised whats important in terms of tactical play as you only play against AI.

The question you should be asking is not what pretty new clouds and weather is going to be here but when are they going to be synchronised across clients so that Player A and Player B see the exact same things.

To say that WW2 simulation of either the P47 or Channel Map is "totally unnecessary" is so ignorant its insulting. At this very hour 76 years ago young men where airborne and dropping into Normandy and other's climbing into landing craft to storm the beaches in a few hours time to secure the world a freedom that you now live, fully knowing it was highly likely the last dawn they would see.

Your attitude is disgusting and selfish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

So let me guess you play SP only and / or haven't realised whats important in terms of tactical play as you only play against AI.

The question you should be asking is not what pretty new clouds and weather is going to be here but when are they going to be synchronised across clients so that Player A and Player B see the exact same things.

Your attitude is disgusting and selfish.

Yeah I fly mainly SP, but I'd be happy if just both my eyes saw the same clouds :music_whistling:

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Yeah I fly mainly SP, but I'd be happy if just both my eyes saw the same clouds :music_whistling:

agree with you lol it does break the immersion lol , oh and when you tilt your head and the clouds roll.

But in terms of gameplay the sync is vital across clients

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

DCS 2.5.6.50321 OpenBeta download getting stuck

I have going through a frustrating time trying to download the latest update of openbeta for DCS world. The download keeps getting stuck somewhere between the last 5546Mbytes.

I gone through this cyclye more than eight times. The downloaded part is not saved and when I start the update again, I keep getting 5546mbyte left to complete the update.

A cycle is just painful.

Please any idea on stopping this problem.

Thanks

276598407_Dcsupdateissue.PNG.afeefd8bcbd98783592101602ce03c24.PNG

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

When last I checked many of Ed’s download servers were offline. No idea why

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm in Canada and had the download freeze, also. I got stopped at 21,007.7. I let it run all night only to wake in the early morning with the same number staring back at me. I really, really didn't want to cancel and try again, although I would have. However, I turned off my router and got DCS servers were offline, please try again. Or some such. Then I turned my router back on again and it pretty much picked up where it had left off and finished the download (different dl rate and amount to download). I am flying the current version off that today. Might... repeat... MIGHT work for you.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I sent complain to ED support and these are their recommendations

to resolve this issue you can try some hints:

try to Completely disable AV and Firewall and try again

try to manually change DNS server for IPv4 to free DNS from Google 8.8.8.8

try to flush DNS via the command prompt - ipconfig /flushdns (http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-flush-dns.html)

try to do a WINSOCK reset via the command prompt - netsh winsock reset

I have tried first on the list and it got stuck again at 669mbytes.

Proceeding on the others

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

When I turn off my wifi internet connection, I get the following error message “server capacity may be limited at the moment please try again later”

My next attempt to update takes me back to the same 5546Mbytes remaining and after a couple of time downloading it gets stuck again.

I have been looking forward to some of the features in the latest update and now I cannot use them.

• ED Team
When last I checked many of Ed’s download servers were offline. No idea why

We have switch to a CDN service, the team are monitoring and tweaking hopefully anyone having issues will be able to get a better download soon.

thanks for all of the feedback.

Great to know this Bignewy.

I have done all that was advised and still stuck again.

I would just wait for the download fix. Pointless having sleepless night over this and going round same cycle.

Edit: What happened to the torrent download option, any way I could revert to that? I cannot get the option to use torrent. Torrent has been a reliable mean of patch update for me over the years

Thanks.

Edited by Eaglewings