DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

BIGNEWY, mys speed as requested : I live in Montreal Canada and I am downloading at 300 Kb/s ...I have (usually) a very fast connexion with the new protocol with 400 Mbps...:-( it is taking forever...

Good way to quantify "very fast" is www.speedtest.net. There are several sites to benchmark bandwidth, since the marketing silliness telcos use to sell products only tell part of the story.

yes this is the website that I use to test my connexion (and it is around 430 Mbps!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I can say that it was veeery long.. but it finished a few minutes ago (took 3 hours), I am loading the new terrain right now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m crazy or was some thing diferent on ocean waves scale? Yesterday I did a fly on my old benchmark mission on Caucasus to test the frame rate after a update. The waves near Batumi looks better then before. I had a better feeling of my fligh altitude.

It´s was a placebo effect?

The shadows on terrain objects looks worse then before with shadows setting to medium. And i had a worse FPS then before. I ever use VR and when is not possible to keep 45fps is really bad.

The grass terrain around Batumi looks diferent too... Like a diferent texture.

Edited by greco.bernardi

Today's patch

Hi,

Patch status says one patch is planned for today. Do you think it's just a few lines of minor fixes for new channel map and p-47. Or could it be something larger like that really cool damage model seen in p-47 trailer?

Anyone?

The AI taxi issue is certainly fixed in the couple of campaigns I tried.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The AI taxi issue is certainly fixed in the couple of campaigns I tried.
Great.

This was a constant source of frustration.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Great.

This was a constant source of frustration.

Weirdly, I was sure I saw it mentioned in the patch notes, but I can't see it any more.

I'm going to test again to make sure I'm not cracking up!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I hope the brightness issue gets hotfixed for all affected aircraft, not just the F-16!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey everyone, what is your impression of the Channel map?

I personally find it very beautiful but my frame rates are pretty bad (much worse than Caucasus or PG)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

by the way ED, Thank you!:thumbup:

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team

Hi all

We have found some issues and the patch has been moved to next week, I have updated the status post to reflect this.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We have found some issues and the patch has been moved to next week, I have updated the status post to reflect this.

thank you

Thanks for letting us know!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Any news about the new clouds ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi all

thank you

thanks for doing the QC work!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

One of our group was having difficulty downloading. He is in Canada. His update would stall between 2 and 5 GB of download. He had been trying for two days.

He ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling this morning. That worked for him. Remember your HOTAS profiles if you try this. He forgot but they were still in his saved games folder, and should be. But do be safe you should save them off somewhere.