DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

@BIGNEWY... MP open beta is not compatible with stable, but netcode change is not mentioned in changelog.

That'd be like:

7YPgHaP.jpg

I mean, did you really expect two different versions to be compatible in network play?

Anyone knows the size of channel map DL?

Had to get 20GB for the Channel and the P-47... most of that probably being the map. I think phil-style said it was around 19GB installed as well.

And 28GB for the new patch itself.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Looks like an amazing patch. Especially so soon after the last one. Great work ED.

+1

Well done the ED team. Great stuff.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Downloading at 200 KBps. My internet service is consistent at well over a thousand times that. Torrents are no longer available?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Downloading at 200 KBps. My internet service is consistent at well over a thousand times that. Torrents are no longer available?

Me too, my internet is 200mb using fiber and my download speed is 200kbps.

Wish I could transfer all my modules to steam.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this huge update.

Excited to get a look at the P-47 and Channel map, not to mention new features/ weapons on the F/A-18.

Appreciate the more complete changlogs, as well as the more detailed explanation of each change. Great move. Thanks BN :thumbup:

For the past few updates the download rate has maxed my NBN D/L bandwidth (6 MB/s). Today, with a much bigger patch and I'm sure plenty wanting it, I'm getting ~2.6 - 3 MB/s. Perhaps a more realistic stress test of the current download system? Still faster than the torrent would sometimes sloooow down to.

Update: I may have spoken too soon. About halfway through the download of the update only (not Channel map or P-47) and the download speed has slowed to 260 - 320 KB/s :cry:

Edited by Phantom453
Updated information

Half of Update Servers OFFLINE?

According to my copy of the EXCELLENT SkateZillla DCS Updater Utility:

-Looks like 6 Update Servers are OFFLINE.

-Time to go for a LONG HEALTHY WALK.. cheers. I hope everyone stays safe.

Cheers.

JJF>

2089386283_6of12OFFLINE.JPG.2abc6fbf1ec19a9c930c883a606254de.JPG

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added Attachment
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Anyone else getting like 10-15fps in the p47 on channels map? GFX options didn't change was getting 80-90fps before optimization issues i guess?

Felt similar for me... was around 20 in VR. When I exited DCS I noticed that I didn't have my Oculus ware running and it somehow still worked as probably SteamVR fired up in the background instead. Then I tried in pancake mode and was around 60-100fps with the exact same settings, mostly 80+, sometimes even going past 100. I'll now try in VR again to see if that Oculus ware not running made the difference.

But I also played around with that in order to reduce the foggy haze and set the values back to default before running in pancake. Had it at 450k. Since the thread is rather old, this might have much more impact to fps in 2.5, and it felt like it didn't change the haze anyway...

-------- Edit: -------------------------------------------------

Putting back the values did just a tiny little bit, having the Oculus things running in the background actually did more (so the lesser performance probably depends on SteamVR settings that I've yet to tune). After all, I'm still in the 25-30 range where I was in 45-60 with 49798. So almost halved the fps in VR again... reminds me of old bugs that had been fixed ages ago reoccuring randomly. Hope it's rather easy to fix.

The new map is great though, the 47 as well even if it needs some polishing - well that was expected anyway.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

My ISP gives me a consistent 20 MB/s (megaBYTES per second). After 5 hours of downloading, I have stopped at 21,007.7 MB of 23,945.7 MB with nothing but DCS server polling.

I'll give it about 5 more hours and if it is still stuck on 21,007.7 then I'll have to cancel and re-download. From what I can tell, torrenting has been curtailed by ED now. So, now I cannot download an update. Hopefully, it's just the ED server that is borked and everything will re-commence in the morning once they reboot it. I hope, hope, hope.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

My ISP gives me a consistent 20 MB/s (megaBYTES per second). After 5 hours of downloading, I have stopped at 21,007.7 MB of 23,945.7 MB with nothing but DCS server polling.

I'll give it about 5 more hours and if it is still stuck on 21,007.7 then I'll have to cancel and re-download. From what I can tell, torrenting has been curtailed by ED now. So, now I cannot download an update. Hopefully, it's just the ED server that is borked and everything will re-commence in the morning once they reboot it. I hope, hope, hope.

I’ve had this symptom when the drive containing DCS install didn’t have enough space for the update.

Mine got stuck here

2fEYhCy.jpg

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• ED Team

Hi all

We have switched to a CDN but demand was very high, let me know what part of the world you are in and what speed you are getting.

thanks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY... MP open beta is not compatible with stable, but netcode change is not mentioned in changelog.

I will mention it to the team.

The protocol had to be changed as the different version would have created problems for each other.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tried downloading all night and it was still stuck this morning. I had to re-start it again. It's presently downloading at 1.1mb/sec..lol. Ontario Canada. All good, everything downloaded without effort this morning.

Edited by Nightstalker

Excellent patch ED! keep it up.

Anyone else having a problem with the vr hand controllers in the Mig21Bis? For the rift S, when I squeeze the hand grip, the vr hand snaps to the throttle then the stick would follow your hand movements. I can't click anything in the cockpit.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi ED, can you please take a look at these F-16 bugs that appeared with this last update. They make the Viper completely unusable. Will there be a hot fix for it or do we need to uninstall this last patch? How do we uninstall the last patch with Steam?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276475

If you are playing Viper you can stay on stable, there was only one update to the Viper anyway.

So I should uninstall the whole open beta setup I have and go through the full stable download again to make the viper flyable again? Nonsense, not gonna do that. And what if I want to use the other features that have been added to other modules?

And anyways, we should report these bugs so that they can get fixed.

So I should uninstall the whole open beta setup I have and go through the full stable download again to make the viper flyable again? Nonsense, not gonna do that. And what if I want to use the other features that have been added to other modules?

And anyways, we should report these bugs so that they can get fixed.

You could of course use the process to change to the stable version, or just rollback a version. If you run a search, the instructions are available

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

BIGNEWY, mys speed as requested : I live in Montreal Canada and I am downloading at 300 Kb/s ...I have (usually) a very fast connexion with the new protocol with 400 Mbps...:-( it is taking forever...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D