DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I wonder if that would take into account any OB users that had reverted to 2.5.5 or who had never upgraded to 2.5.6?

There was still a 2.5.5 OB build between the stable one and 2.5.6

I'm sure she had access to much more long range data rather than a momentary snapshot.

I don't think it's unrealistic that (broadly speaking) those who engage on online MP are more likely to be more vocal on online fora, and the majority of those playing MP are on OB. In that case, it's very easy to get the perception that the 40% of MP pilots (who are primarily on OB) represent the preponderance of players. But perceptions are often erroneous, the data speaks for itself.

In any case, regardless of version or SP or MP, I hope everyone enjoys themselves. Even jasonbirder. We really don't need tribalism.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Good luck with waiting for a patch. They know they have a lot of work to do on the game engine alone never mind all the modules, It has been this way for years. They know what they have to do . And with the work from home policy that many companies are doing there is no excuse not to have a MAJOR fix and update done before they summer.

• ED Team
Well that IS fantastic news...very encouraging...so we can hope (in an ideal world) for an update to stable early June (2 weeks after the 20th May OB?)

Thanks!

I will update this post when any information is available

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here we go again. According to Kate P., 60% of people are on stable, 30% on OB, ~10% on legacy builds

Additionally, approx 60% SP and 40% MP

Its interesting and suggests that the majority of guys on beta are also the MP crowd...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its interesting and suggests that the majority of guys on beta are also the MP crowd...

Since most servers (apparently) run OB, I'd say that's logical. There are probably some people who use OB simply because they want to have populated MP servers.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I really hope the 16 will get the Maverick in the update next week. *fingers crossed*

Ground crew is tired always to load the GBU's

Don't hope too much or you'll be disappointed! :-)

I just hope that not too many new defects get introduced and that my sense of humor helps me with the rest.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

In any case, regardless of version or SP or MP, I hope everyone enjoys themselves. Even jasonbirder. We really don't need tribalism.

Agreed. Also, the point of my post was not to count SP/MP - the point was to ask for a proper bug tracker for open beta. Since we have portions of half-baked code and early-access products in OB, it's only logical for ED to use this sizable OB user population to acquire some meaningful information. A more organized bug tracking process would certainly result in more usable feedback for ED.

Why does it take so long to introduce the changes from f18 from open beta to stable? In February 2020, tgp added to the 4th station (beta version) , and today, 3 months later, it is not yet stable.

The last stable with content was in December 2019, is it preferable to play in beta?

well, until the end of last year, the stable was updated every two weeks with all the bugs of openbeta being ported over, only if they were completely game braking the update for stable was postponed, so the only thing more stable on the stable version was, that you saw the bugs coming two weeks before and then had to wait two weeks before it was fixed.

Now they finally use the stable build as what it is supposed to be: a platform that is not updated so often, but then by a substantial ammount and not with to many bugs. This means you have to wait longer for new features, but you don't get the stability issues and bugs that some openbeta patches get.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Well, since most of us are indeed beta testing, maybe ED could consider giving us a more structured way of reporting bugs and issues. Doing it through forum threads is not only inefficient, but demotivating as well, as most input is left without official response, instead attracting off-the-cuff remarks from people usually too busy to properly read the reports.

Agreed. Also, the point of my post was not to count SP/MP - the point was to ask for a proper bug tracker for open beta. Since we have portions of half-baked code and early-access products in OB, it's only logical for ED to use this sizable OB user population to acquire some meaningful information. A more organized bug tracking process would certainly result in more usable feedback for ED.

It's planned actually:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4288166&postcount=227

Don't know if they've taken a decision yet on which system to use.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
Why does it take so long to introduce the changes from f18 from open beta to stable? In February 2020, tgp added to the 4th station (beta version) , and today, 3 months later, it is not yet stable.

The last stable with content was in December 2019, is it preferable to play in beta?

As mentioned we had major issues with 2.5.6 open beta.

Our update cycles works on whole patches, not individual aircraft, reason for this is they may require code from the core of DCS.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Will there still be a fix this week...i mean no new stuff or sth...just fixes. The hornet is borderline unplayable in mp. You have to reroll your Nvidia driver if you wanna play at all and the 120´s in tws still have no midcourse guidance. The F16 DL IFF is also still broken. Can we pls fix this before adding new stuff. That´s all things that were already working and are broken for weeks now.

ED...I know the SC is the focus to get fixed....but can you please fix the Stennis and the A/C sliding around...it's been in this condition since the April 17th patch.

I would greatly appreciate a hotfix for that bug...and more stability for a patch to Release.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

What about that free Mariana Islands map? No talk about that for a while.

It's probably just not the priority at the moment, I'm super excited about it, but I guess it's just not the in-focus thing right now, we'll probably hear more about it once SC and 2.5.6 is more out of the way.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It's probably just not the priority at the moment, I'm super excited about it, but I guess it's just not the in-focus thing right now, we'll probably hear more about it once SC and 2.5.6 is more out of the way.

I'm sure the team doing the map, is not the team doing the carrier or working on the hornet/viper. I'm sure its in process.

A better question might be, what ever happened to the planned Afghanistan map.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As mentioned we had major issues with 2.5.6 open beta.

Our update cycles works on whole patches, not individual aircraft, reason for this is they may require code from the core of DCS.

Has there been consideration of not adding things to 2.5.6 and cleaning up the bugs that exist on the open beta? If you're going to keep introducing new content that creates more bugs that delay the stable, then you might as well just get rid of it as you will be in a perpetual loop. This is coming from someone with no horse in the race as I only use open beta.