F/A-18C Lot 20 Bug with AI Switch WP in ME

djacd

Been trying to create a mission where the AI flies some Aerobatics. If I have the AI do 180 turns in ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS) as well as use the SWITCH WAYPOINT command it works fine.

IF I do the same thing with 90° turns it ignores the SWITCH WAYPOINT command. HOWEVER after messing with it for some time I tried the F/A-18C AI aircraft (NOT the Lot 20) it works fine. I assume it's because the flight model of the Player aircraft is more complex and handles waypoints differently, even when the AI is 'flying' it.

Well this should fix the problem except the F/A-18C doesn't allow for A-A TACAN to merge with it that the Lot 20 does.

I tried BOTH embedded SWITCH WAYPOINT commands in the waypoints as well as Zone/trigger; identical results.

I changed the Aircraft to a player flyable F-5 and F-16, (AI controlled) and they both work correctly.

So I mention this so if anyone else is struggling with the AI consider an AI aircraft versus a 'Player' F/A-18C Lot 20, and hopefully can be addressed.

For the record the course for this aircraft was as follows; Basically fly a Box and when low on fuel refuel and go back and carry on.

WP0->WP1 (90° 3G turn left or right) -> WP2 (90° 3G turn left or right) -> WP3 (90° 3G turn left or right) -> WP4 (90° 3G turn left or right) AND SWITCH WAYPOINT <CURRENT to WP1> (Tried both Switch wp and turn as 1 and 2 for sequence) -> WP5 (refuel) - WP6 SWITCH WP to WP1

I experimented with both FLY OVER POINT and TURNING POINT waypoints. Again leaving everything else untouched and just changing to a different model solved the problem. So workable but still bugged, albeit a minor one.