DCS - delivery contents?

Buran-Pilot

Hi

I was wondering if there are any definite plans how DCS will be shipped. Will it be a Flaming Cliffs style DVD Box only with the CD/DVD and a PDF manual - for a cheap price. Or a nowadays fogotten form with printed manual - for a highter price.

I mean there is the trend to sell even highly complex Simulations without any manual (MS-FSX, Silent Hunter 4, Falcon 4.0 AF or Lockon itself). But i'm not sure why there is this development - okay, the costs for a big manual are quite high, but is it a solution to push it over to the customer who has to print the crap out of his printer/wallet?

Somewhere i read that a big manual scares off the casual videogame buyer - okay, could be - but now the casual gamer buys the sim and puts in on ebay afterwards because he has absolutely no chance to get into the sim due to the lack of a manual. So noone realy wins - the sim developers loose reputation and sell numbers because they produce sims with bad tutorials and no manuals (best example: silent hunter 4 - where there wasn't even a PDF manual - the forum community had to write their own!)

So hopefully there will be atleast a seperate manual to order at the release date of black shark. (somewhat like the flaming cliffs manual - though which was only available some time after release)

regards

Buran, I agree with you. Many of use wish they would included a good manual on so many of these games. Just like the good old days of Falcon 3.0 and 4.0. But that is not just sims, it's with most games nowadays. But I doubt it will happen with the game. Maybe somebody will put together a separate manual...

I'm not aware of any plans for publishing yet . . . but I wouldn't be too worried.

ED are now self-publishing, which means they have a little bit more freedom. And they've previously produced the ring-bound Flaming Cliffs manual for order from their website.

If it's in ED's best interests to offer a printed manual as an option (which it most certainly is with a sim of this complexity), and it's within their capability . . . well, it seems like a no-brainer.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep asking for it, though. Sure the testers can provide some supporting arguments to ED on behalf of the community, too :)

Id like the Britannica of Ka-50, a wall map, start up manual, how to kill tanks vid, stats cards, some glossy posters plus a free pen and key ring.

Don't forget a limited edition Franklin Mint pewter Ka-50 figurine.

Gotta have the pewter figurine, man!

Hey DancinBear,

How did you get a Reputation of 2 with only 1 post? Somebody must have really liked that post. Guess I'll add to it too.... WTH..

I think the reps are imported back from the LO forums, that's why. Not that I care about this little e-penor thingie though.

Well anyway at least we know that the training files will have voice overs....:smilewink:

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR