Hope you all stay safe.

Neil Gardner

Thanks for the advises and common sense Worrazen.

Sooner or later we all gonna catch it so... better to have "some ammo" ;]

"Funny thing" is to see how clearly we are hopelessly exposed to an almost absolute extinction of the worlds population... Lets hope there is not any hidden or long term side effect. Just imagine if the virus was as deadly as ebola or so, for example, or that leaves people sterile...

Waaaaay overblown by the media. Not worried in the least.

If anything it has been underestimated. The speed of contagion makes it so dangerous that 3% of deaths and 10% of people in need of intensive care manage to bring a state to its knees, especially America.

oh man, the memes about toilet paper... why toilet paper of all the things??

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

oh man, the memes about toilet paper... why toilet paper of all the things??

More importantly - look at your post count, which is something to celebrate. I call that a perfect Schnapszahl:

npv65tf.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just this Wednesday I was on the same bandwagon of "it's just like flu".

Yesterday I went to the doctor for an unrelated reason. Doctor works for the Ministry of Internal Affairs so apart from ordinary patients she treats Police Officers and Military Personnel.

I don't know guys... They didn't seem to F around. Still short of "Hazmat suit" serious but they had everybody washing hands, putting on masks, etc. and up until that day we had only about 30 confirmed cases (38 million country).

I want to thank OP for the kind words.

I wish all of you and your loved ones to make it through this crisis unscathed; first and foremost health-wise, but of course also in regards to your jobs and businesses and your economic situation.

And of course I want to express my sincere thanks to all those doctors and nurses and otherwise healthcare related people who are going to face a lot of work and a much increased risk of infection in the days and weeks to come - you guys and gals are the heroes of this time!

I had a regular appointment with my consultant yesterday afternoon and he told me if I get this virus I won't survive it. Bit of a show stopper because although I'm not getting stressed, I don't think I've thought about anything else for a few days (I was pretty sure of the situation before I went to see him, he just confirmed it for me).

It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't continually see people being irresponsible when I have to go to town, like this morning. I don't think they are taking things seriously at all (except they panic-buy all the toilet roll and hand gel - hope we can get some bog roll within a couple of weeks or things are going to get very unsanitary round here - still, we have plenty of old newspapers! :D ). It's fine if there is little risk to themselves, but I wish they would think of others.

I'm mostly scared for my mother - 81 years old and just recovered from lung cancer. She works in a charity shop and thereby has lots of contact with many different people. Soon I think I will be told to stay at home all the time, so I may not even see her again - that is troubling me. But even if I am told that, I will still take any opportunity to drive the 38 miles to her home and drink one of her awesome cuppa Tetley's.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

It's pretty much beyond what I can comprehend, how many people around the world will be in the same situation as I am - seems surreal somehow, in this day and age.

My mother came down with symptoms, so we're all just hoping it's something else but we have to stay away for now - and that's the hardest, especially for my sister, who is a professional carer and usually looks after her.

I was watching Al Jazeera this morning - they had a documentary about the ebola virus epidemic in Africa, 2013. It was really awful - what we are having now is nothing in comparison to what that was like for them. In that respect, we are really fortunate.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Mum has recovered! :)Unfortunately I now have to isolate - but I'm used to it (being stuck at home all the time), so no big deal for me. Good luck everybody.

Congrats Brixmis! And thanks for sharing, the good news is welcome, especially during this period...

We are, most of us, "like a bird in a cage" stuck in our apartments for who knows how much time, some also far from home... But if this helps to stop the Hospitals from being overloaded, and family remains safe... So be it ! :].

*(day 3 of "confinement" and counting...)

Stay Safe

I remember back in the '90's I saw this movie called Outbreak. It was about a very deadly pandemic. People died. But at the end of the movie they found a vaccine and people lived happily ever after. But that was Hollywood. This is real life and the powers that be are saying that it may take 12-18 months for a vaccine. And I ask myself. What kind of world will there be in that time? How many people will be dead in that time? I have no intention on politicizing this situation we find ourselves in. But I'm here to tell you boys & girls I'm scared. And I feel that it's time that we as humans face the possibility that maybe just maybe we did this to ourselves. I watch the news and I see people calling this the "Chinese Virus". I beg to differ. This is not a Chinese Virus. It's a human virus. To hold an entire race responsible for this is utterly and totally ignorant. This is not the time for blame or division. This is the time for us as human beings to be untied. For us to do our part in helping to slow the transmission of the virus. Follow the recommendations of the CDC. Stay home. Only go out if it is absolutely necessary. Practice social distancing. Especially if you're already sick. And if you are get medical attention immediately. The other night I prayed to my heavenly father for his grace and guidance for all of his children on this earth. I'm asking all of us in the DCS community to do the same. I don't care what religion you are please just pray. Watch out for your family, friends, & neighbors. My prayers are with all of you. May God bless and keep you and yours.

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

I remember back in the '90's I saw this movie called Outbreak. It was about a very deadly pandemic. People died. But at the end of the movie they found a vaccine and people lived happily ever after. But that was Hollywood. This is real life and the powers that be are saying that it may take 12-18 months for a vaccine. And I ask myself. What kind of world will there be in that time? How many people will be dead in that time? I have no intention on politicizing this situation we find ourselves in. But I'm here to tell you boys & girls I'm scared. And I feel that it's time that we as humans face the possibility that maybe just maybe we did this to ourselves. I watch the news and I see people calling this the "Chinese Virus". I beg to differ. This is not a Chinese Virus. It's a human virus. To hold an entire race responsible for this is utterly and totally ignorant. This is not the time for blame or division. This is the time for us as human beings to be untied. For us to do our part in helping to slow the transmission of the virus. Follow the recommendations of the CDC. Stay home. Only go out if it is absolutely necessary. Practice social distancing. Especially if you're already sick. And if you are get medical attention immediately. The other night I prayed to my heavenly father for his grace and guidance for all of his children on this earth. I'm asking all of us in the DCS community to do the same. I don't care what religion you are please just pray. Watch out for your family, friends, & neighbors. My prayers are with all of you. May God bless and keep you and yours.
According to numbers on WHO's website, about 500K die of malaria each year, and the same from ebola. About 1,5M of tuberculosis, that's more than 4K a day.

Can't remember the number for ordinary flu.

So relax!

Also, it seems that the people that die now has severe other health problems.

Mankind did not bring this upon themselves, and nobody complaines about the name "Spanish Flu". The Chinese kept this secret for a loooooong time, silenced whistle blowers and let their people travel around the world. Now their pointing their propaganda towards Sweden because how the Swedes handle this.

Pray all you want, but God does not exit, thanks anyway.

This will get over and the world will bounce back better than ever as always!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Here in Italy 10% of the sick are dead, it is not a common flu. It's mainly killing the sick and the elderly, but also 30-40 years old people died here.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

The only people who don't think it's a big deal are those that get their news from Fox, and even Fox have changed their story now to say people have to take it seriously.

if it keeps doubling its infections every 4 days, you'll see your 1.5million worldwide soon enough

Re:"500K die of malaria each year, and the same from ebola."

No.

between 1976 and 2013, the World Health Organization reported 24 outbreaks of ebola involving 2,387 cases with 1,590 deaths.

11,500 people have died so far from covid-19 - more than ebola killed in 37 years.

If you work it out, it's more than 7 times as many people in less than 1 % of the time.

Re blaming China:

China may have taken a couple of months to acknowledge they had a serious problem, but once they realised, they acted fast & effectively.

Knowing what was coming, but telling people it will be OK, taking no steps to test or prevent transmission, and putting the stock market before peoples lived when you can see what's happening overseas - that's incompetence and recklessly endangering your own population.

Cheers.

Thank you Neil for the kind words and I wish the same to all of you, your families and loved ones.

Never before have we been at such a turning point in history of mankind. Globalization has shown it's ugly face, dependencies have their catch back and all nations have to revisit their domestic and international affairs. We have had our eyes shut blind for too long, spoiled by filled shelves and bank loans, false advertising promises and values, fake news and politicians being more interested in filling their own pockets than taking care of their nations.

The damage cannot be estimated in money and gold but in tears, sorrow and grief.

It really does not matter much if you live in Germany or another nation with granted healthcare

and thus free help or if you live in the US where medical help has price tag most cannot afford.

Right now, the ice berg is tipping over and all health systems are falling apart if no miracle happens and I can't see one happeneing. Looking at the infection and death toll curves and how ignorant some individuals, may they only decide for themselves or for whole nations, behave.

There are not enough Covid-19 Tests available to test all people who need to be tested, a news that is not really presented because it would cause anger among society and mostly among the weakest parts of any society. The fear of riots and public disobedience is rising every day.

Once the shelves stay empty and a few consecutive meals are not on the table the guns come out, a natural, archaic law of survival of the fittest, strongest and fearless.

If they would have Tests for everybody in Germany the curve would sky rocket towards the moon. Once we have to transport or dead with trucks into mass graves like it is likely to happen in Italy soon another step towards Anarchy has been taken and it remains to be seen if the crowd stays calm and has hope or if they, me, you, everybody, is taking action of whatever kind to feed our children.

Personally, for me not much has changed with staying at home. For the past 2.5y I was home anyway, taking care of my youngest son, doing the household, cooking, swiping the floors, occaisonal pauses to read the DCS Forum and then run to Kindegarden, a mere 7min walk, to pick up the 2 Kindergarden kids we have and the older 8y old next door from elementary school, stop by at our local supermarket and then walk home all together. The only thing that changed is KiGa and School are closed and we stay inside, luckily we have a garden with toys for the kids. It is stressful on rainy days to have them all inside, 2.5y, 4.5y and 8y old, they can really get you close to the limits and sometimes a foot beyond. My wife decided that if we get the 2 youngest ones she would still work and I take a break, close the business as much as possible, I do most work from home anyway, and only visit business customers. It has worked out so lala, money was tight but I reopened the business when the youngest one could go to KiGa till 4pm freeing me up so I can take more customers and travel nearby places and be home to pick them up. It slowly starts to grow again.

Staying home and spending time with your kids is a blessing, often stressful and may sometimes you have a 6am-9pm non-stop action taking place, but which dad wouldnt do that if given the chance. I favor love over gold, so does my wife.

Now, we try to do the best of the situation, today is my wife's last working day, they business has to shut down until this is all over, so we both will be home. Our 3 adult children visit us often making the family complete with 6 kids and we really enjoy it. It is stressful, no doubt, I'd lie if I said it is only fun, it is not. You just should not forget for whom you all do this and that somebody else 50 years ago did the same for you and me, Mom & Dad ( God bless you ).

Reach out and help whenever you can, it might be only YOU who can help and if you do not do it, somebody else will drown in sorrow and disaster. Do it while you can, it will always come back to you out of nowhere when you need it most.

I often visited, she lived next door, my Grandma's older sister, she was born 1899, lived through 2 World Wars, never drove a car and never threw any food away, always had a heart for others and taught me some of the most basic lessons in life. For some of those it took me decades to understand fully. I am thankful she taught me those, unspoiled from modern things like TV, advertising, false values and gods.

May you all stay safe and healthy in this crisis.

Rethink your founding values and change what needs to be changed, dare to speak up for the weak who cannot and refrain from violence. It will not help anybody.

Lars

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Ignorance is a very deadly weapon in the wrong hands, it will not only kill others but may hit anybody like a ricochet.

As seen in the US and Russia. May those people overcome their leaders ignorance.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

@marcel

Well, as with anything, be cautious. I.E. it's serious and should be treated as such, make an effort to be safe. But don't panic and start fighting over toilet paper and pickles, either. It's not going to ''keep doubling'' indefinitely, because people aren't going to simply ignore it indefinitely (although they definitely did that at first here in the States), so despite the doomsayers, we're not going to end up with a death toll of millions simply because even the most ignorant person will wise up before that point and agree to necessary restrictions. It definitely has the potential to be bad, and probably WILL be, but not THAT bad (at least very unlikely).

@MAXSenna

Certain categories of people keep parroting that sort of stuff, but it's not accurate. And for that matter even common sense shiws the issue:

#1 Malaria and Ebola are not major issues in the Western world, this is. As a result they are irrelevant for intelligent discourse on the topic.

#2 The issue is not what percentage of people die or suffer serious symotoms. Quite the contrary, the fact that many people do not have life threatening sickness means it's much less likely they will recognise they have it, greatly increasing the likelihood of spreading it to those ''few vulnerable people''. I suspect you will be singing a different tune if some ignorant ''it's just a flu'' individual coughs on your parent or relative and they die from it due to being in that ''small percentage''. 1-2% suddenly is much more significant when it's spread across a few hundred thousand people, or millions potentially (you know, if people just ignore it)

#3 It's not ''flu''. In the milder cases, yes, people exhibit flu symptoms. But a great many of the cases, even if not immediately life threatening, are a form of severe pneumonia, which we can all agree is pretty serious regardless of age or health. Many of the people who recover have damage to their lungs (scarring, most likely) even after symptoms have abated. So, no, it's not trivial, and pretending it is is just stupid.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2