Help with ip bombing

ivo

Hi I have see this video:

Thank to the mythical Grimm Reapers and Jabbers.

But my english is very poor, and ask you if is possible explain to me step by step the computer setting.

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Can't give a step by step explanation out of my head, but the RIO basically needs to enter the IP-Waypoint (coordinates and elevation) and then use the IP-To-Tgt adress on the CAP to enter heading (or bearing?), distance (in nautical miles IIRC) and elevation difference from IP to the target.

Then the pilot needs to designate the IP, just like he designates the target in CCRP mode and the system should then guide him to the target just like in CCRP mode.

The manual is indeed missing a HowTo explanation of IP-bombing. Without the jabbers video I would not know how it works, as the manual only briefly mentions that this mode exists, but not how it has to be used... :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe this one?

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Thank to all, I have done ( believe ) but what it is for ? I thought it was useful for bombing in automatic mode over the targhet as I fly over the cloud without see the targhet...but nothing happened...

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

It is there because the F-14 was a purely visual platform, prior to the LANTIRN. Because of that, finding targets is a challenge. Especially small ones. CMPTR IP allows you to find small targets, based on their relative location to a big one. Finding a hut in the middle of a jungle is tough, but if you know its bearing, range and altitude relative to a dam, say, CMPTR IP allows you to simply have to find the dam, then after you designate it, you’ll have the hud diamond jump to the hut in the jungle.

Bottom line.... in the Tomcat, if you want to bomb, you’re always going to have to visually designate *something*. There’s no getting around it. There’s no bombing from above the clouds in a Tomcat.

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

IP-Bombing is also great for toss/loft bombing, where you overfly and designate an IP, and then the computer gets you into position to loft the bombs onto the target, which can even be located behind a ridge. That way you don't have to overfly the target and can just loft the bombs over the ridge without crossing the ridge yourself. I like to bomb Khasab AB on the Persian Gulf that way, comming in from the east and then loft the bombs across the ridge onto the airbase, while staying in cover behind the ridge.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

IP-Bombing is also great for toss/loft bombing, where you overfly and designate an IP, and then the computer gets you into position to loft the bombs onto the target, which can even be located behind a ridge. That way you don't have to overfly the target and can just loft the bombs over the ridge without crossing the ridge yourself. I like to bomb Khasab AB on the Persian Gulf that way, comming in from the east and then loft the bombs across the ridge onto the airbase, while staying in cover behind the ridge.

Thank a lot, could you esplain me how to do, I can set the lat N and long E for IP then I set bearing range and altitude for targhet before I set computer targhet, fuze nose tail, select the righr bomb on the drumm and arm its

the I on the seat pilot set master arm on and mode A/G but the diamond doesn't lock in automatic the targhet.

bye also thank to Spiceman.

Edited by ivo

I set computer targhet

You need to set computer IP mode on the A-G mode selector in the rear cockpit for the entire attack run!

Then as a pilot you should get the vertical line with the target designator diamond which you can move up or down using the VSL HIGH/LOW switch. Move it over the IP position and use PAL to designate it. The vertical line should then move to the actual target heading.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

You need to be in computer IP mode on the A-G mode selector in the rear cockpit during the entire attack run!

Then as a pilot you should get the vertical line with the target designator diamond which you can move up or down using the VSL HIGH/LOW switch. Move it over the IP position and use PAL to designate it. The vertical line should then move to the actual target heading.

Thank this evening will try, and let you know bye

QuiGon says:

Move it over the IP position and use PAL to designate it. The vertical line should then move to the actual target heading.

But nothing the diamond doesn't lock the near targhet. ( I have set the targhet at 5.080 nm from IP ) Range RA 5.080

where I wrong ?

bye