Just wanted to get this straight (Controls for AOA)

Laer

This is a procedure used in USN Primary Flight training. Began on FAM2:

I have taught it in the T 28, T34C IRW and the FA18C/E, A4, A6, A7 in the "sim" world! :)

LANDING ATTITUDE MANUVER

Objective: Control the a/c in the landing configuration using nose position and power.

1. Begin the maneuver at an even altitude (say 10000’) heading 360 @ 300kts.

2. After 1 minuet, simulate a carrier port “brake” turning to 180 with a 20-30 angel of bank level (about 2.5 g’s), reducing power to idle, extending the speed brake. As airspeed decreases below 245 kts, lower landing gear, raise speed brake, lower full flaps, slow to “on speed”.

3. Heading 180, descend 1000’, maintaining “on speed”. Maintain a rate of descent of 500fpm.

4. Level off. Fly 30 seconds.

5. Begin a 20-30 angle of bank, turn port to 360, descend 1000’, maintaining “on Speed” with a rate of descent of 500fpm.

6. Maintain altitude for 30 seconds.

7. Climb 2000’,(back to original altitude)maintaining “on speed” .

8. Reaching altitude add military power raise landing gear and flaps, gain airspeed back to 300kts.

Procedure:

1. Power control altitude, rate of descent or rate of climb.

2. Attitude controls airspeed.

If slow, lower nose, when altitude begins to decrease add power, readjust the nose.

This is a procedure used in USN Primary Flight training. Began on FAM2:

I have taught it in the T 28, T34C IRW and the FA18C/E, A4, A6, A7 in the "sim" world! :)

LANDING ATTITUDE MANUVER

Objective: Control the a/c in the landing configuration using nose position and power.

1. Begin the maneuver at an even altitude (say 10000’) heading 360 @ 300kts.

2. After 1 minuet, simulate a carrier port “brake” turning to 180 with a 20-30 angel of bank level (about 2.5 g’s), reducing power to idle, extending the speed brake. As airspeed decreases below 245 kts, lower landing gear, raise speed brake, lower full flaps, slow to “on speed”.

3. Heading 180, descend 1000’, maintaining “on speed”. Maintain a rate of descent of 500fpm.

4. Level off. Fly 30 seconds.

5. Begin a 20-30 angle of bank, turn port to 360, descend 1000’, maintaining “on Speed” with a rate of descent of 500fpm.

6. Maintain altitude for 30 seconds.

7. Climb 2000’,(back to original altitude)maintaining “on speed” .

8. Reaching altitude add military power raise landing gear and flaps, gain airspeed back to 300kts.

Procedure:

1. Power control altitude, rate of descent or rate of climb.

2. Attitude controls airspeed.

If slow, lower nose, when altitude begins to decrease add power, readjust the nose.

I've been working on my private pilots license and it's amazing to see how similar the training can be between civil and military. I just felt like I was reading my instructor's notes for the day!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

For beginners I find this the easiest way to explain final carrier approach technique:

Use the stick to hold the pitch around 4-5 degrees.

Use the throttles for everything else.

1) to make the AOA indexer read onspeed (yellow circle)

2) adjust position on glide slope (line-up the meatball).

Each input affects the other so keep scanning and adjusting.

;4232296']No' date=' its called a SHB (Sh!t Hot Break), the first guy down out of the marshal gets the option of doing this if he is good enough and conditions allow, everyone else behind him does the standard CASE I pattern arrival.[/quote']

Yea, that's what it's called. After hundreds of traps finally getting somewhere...

This is probably the best one I managed to pull off. A little low in close, powered the hell out of it and managed to snag #3. Got an upgrade for a hangover (from previous night):