Training NTTR M10: radio check - how to?

jetsimace

Just learning the basics, I am stuck how to do the radio check as requested while still at the ramp.

When setting the "V/UHF Radio Function Selector" to "FF" the display shows a row of asterisks (******** - same as for SV, DL and EN positions) and I am not able to switch predefined channels via the "VHF channel selector". V/UHF frequency always stays at guard frequency of 243.000 MHz.

Update 2020-03-02: Switching channels works fine when switching to "FF" for the first time. After having switched from "FF" e.g. to "G" and then back to "FF" the asterisks will appear and switching channels will no longer be possible....

Easy communcation I have disabled / unchecked in the options settings.

What does it mean to do the "radio check" in DCS? Is there suppoesed to be an entry "radio check" when communicating via the "MAIN V/UHF RADIO SELECT" button? I haven't seen such an entry so far...

Many thanks for your help!

Edited by jetsimace
Update / amendment

Thanks baltic_dragon - great to see you being so committed and responsive!

This (minor) issue with the green radio still seems to persist (OpenBeta 2.5.6.44266 which includes your recent training mission updates), so I have opened a thread in the bug section.

Fyi: Works now perfect in the updated training missions (Openbeta 2.5.6.44266): "radio check" is a scripted event - you only need to select the correct radio frequencies, then press Spacebar and it's done automatically.

I had been searching for something in the radio menu ;-)

• 1 year later...

I got lost after been asked to check in with ground for taxing. According to the kneeboard, I'm supposed to be on CH3 (G) and CH1 (R). Trying to contact Nellis via comms menu, I have to ask permission for engine start-up, but no response whatsoever.

Am I missing something?

• 2 months later...

I think the training missions are out of date.

The radios definately dont work. I cant tune Ch2 Green ATIS...Shes not there anymore?

Thanks

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky