AGM 84D SKIM height Crashes to water all the time.

DarkStar79

• ED Team

Hi

you need to wait for the timer and you are not setting your distance and bearing with the UFC, if you set them the Harpoon will skim correctly.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I was shooting in R/BL mode and used the TGP to designate the target. I dont need to set any distance or bearing then.

When im using the TGP to designate in R/BL mode it crashes to water all the time still, and if I use popup it works perfect. Do the test in R/BL mode..

• ED Team
Have tested like 10 times now. And all crashes to water in R/BL mode..

Apologies I will check again.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Reported,

it is not happening every time for me, but I have reproduced and reported to the team

thanks

Haven't seen this either, and I do skim attacks with relative frequency using mid and low cruise heights. Mid height tends to cause the harpoon to explode (usually a few seconds after the Krivak fires a missile at it), with low it never fails to hit the ship, which leads to other unrelated questions.

Also not having issues hitting cargo ships using skim, so something is different somewhere. If it helps I never start searching until at least five miles, so the GWDOD has time to stabilize at cruise height, more or less.

Haven't seen this either, and I do skim attacks with relative frequency using mid and low cruise heights. Mid height tends to cause the harpoon to explode (usually a few seconds after the Krivak fires a missile at it), with low it never fails to hit the ship, which leads to other unrelated questions.

Also not having issues hitting cargo ships using skim, so something is different somewhere. If it helps I never start searching until at least five miles, so the GWDOD has time to stabilize at cruise height, more or less.

Where you shooting in R/BL mode and used the TGP to designate the target?

• 1 month later...

I thought R/BL was not implemented yet. So do we have R/BL actually simulated? Didn't Wags say that it was going to be implemented once the AG SEA mode was? Are SKIM and POP both implemented? We used to have only one of them simulated, I can't remember which one was.

Stay safe

I thought R/BL was not implemented yet. So do we have R/BL actually simulated? Didn't Wags say that it was going to be implemented once the AG SEA mode was? Are SKIM and POP both implemented? We used to have only one of them simulated, I can't remember which one was.
R/BL works, but it's only available for selection with a target designation present. You can use the TGP or WPDSG until we get A/G SEA.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm still experiencing this issue running Stable 2.5.6.59625.1, it happens more often than not using those particular settings.  Is anyone seeing the same and can ED please check to see if this remains an open item to repair.

Thanks in advance.

• ED Team

We do still have a report open for this. 

As soon as it is fixed it will be in the change log

thanks

• BIGNEWY changed the title to AGM 84D SKIM height Crashes to water all the time.
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic