Litening at night in VR

Gianky

Hey guys!

Since 2.5.6 flying in a dark night in VR is a bit of a trouble, since the lights blind me.

Lowering Gamma level from 2.2 to 1.5 helped with almost everything, but one, very important thing: using the Litening.

Especially on the DDIs, using the Tpod at night is a PITA. The best workaround I found is to use FLIR view in BH mode, but even so, when some white spot comes into view it glows too much.

Anyone else is having troubles with this? Has anyone thought of any other kind of solution?

Hey guys!

Since 2.5.6 flying in a dark night in VR is a bit of a trouble, since the lights blind me.

Lowering Gamma level from 2.2 to 1.5 helped with almost everything, but one, very important thing: using the Litening.

Especially on the DDIs, using the Tpod at night is a PITA. The best workaround I found is to use FLIR view in BH mode, but even so, when some white spot comes into view it glows too much.

Anyone else is having troubles with this? Has anyone thought of any other kind of solution?

Just tried this. Entirely agree. I'm surprised that adjusting DDI night/day, brightness, contrast makes no difference to the image, only to the symbols - is this correct?

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Just wait for new flir system to be integrated.

Aside from the fact that we don't know when it'll be delivered, I honestly don't think that's gonna help, it's a lighting issue, not a targeting pod one.

Just tried this. Entirely agree. I'm surprised that adjusting DDI night/day, brightness, contrast makes no difference to the image, only to the symbols - is this correct?

Yeah, unfortunately DDIs, unlike HUD and AMPCD have only two settings for lighting, that doesn't help either. As for contrast and brightness, not sure if it's how it works in real life, but, yeah, not much effect in here, for this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Our group flew a night mission last evening and the targeting pod screen was so bright even with brightness set to 1 that it was almost unusable. I reduced gamma to 1.5 but still too bright. Any settings used by anyone that helped with this problem. I do not fly with VR but brightness is still a major problem.

Seems to be a general problem with the new lighting system. The A-10C has this TGP-issue as well (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=265921)

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Yeah, I'm afraid till ED will do something about it, there's not much we can do.

Scopewizard, as I wrote above, lowering gamma helps, but you can't lower it too much if you play in VR, 1.5 is already dark enough that I now have to turn on cockpit lights even in daylight. On the Hornet, you can use BHOT instead of WHOT, it's less bright, but still annoying when you frame white spots... It's a bit I don't fly in a moonless night, so I haven't tried any new workaround...

• 2 weeks later...