Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)

Avimimus

Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)

• F-16
    • F/A-18
    • Tornado ADV
    • Sea Harrier (eg. FRS2)
    • F4F

Those in Switzerland are also "F-18" cause we have no Air to Ground ordonance. (except Guns, and they use it) But give it a software update and a bomb and we have a F/A-18 :lol:

I think it is the same like with the finish one

A Harrier (any version) modeled to DCS´s standards would be the coolest thing since sliced bread!!! :yes:

no one would be able to fly it in full realisam mode. without a full home built pit that suports all the vector/thrust levers.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

The Tornado, and for a few reasons. I think it would fit within the 'timeframe' of the DCS series (it's a bit old now); It's primarily a ground attack fighter; There are squadrons operating or have operated around that region that is already mapped in DCS (i think, but don't hold me to that); Many nations have used the Tornado, which would make that installment far more marketable; And the final and most importable aspect, the multiplayer aspect in online videogaming of having a pilot and RIO in the same ship is going to be the best element of DCS . When this happens in the Apache AH 64A installment it will be a strongpoint that few sims have ever done successfully, and one that a few avaition geek buddies and I will be using till we grow old and the arthritis kicks in. The realism for the Tornado is obtainable, the technology isn't classified to such silly degrees as the more modern fighters, and who wouldn't love hoovering along at 500 miles an hour doing low-high-low ground attack runs...

And when was the last time a Tornado was a playable aircraft? Never. And if the F-16 is chosen (again) for a study sim, I'll still be happy to play it, but quite dissapointed that the developers wouldn't tread new and foreign ground to make something the community hasn't seen before... I know this is a 'what if' forum topic but hopefully someone out there is reading this and taking notes.

Vote 1: Tornado.

tornado9xx8.jpg

Also, for the Tornado fans out there... There is a great book called Tornado Down by John Peters & John Nichol, of their accounts of getting shot down in the 1st Gulf War. Awesome reading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

While I can't disagree with you there, I've done plenty of low-high-low attacks in the Su-33.

But there was an old old Tornado sim back in the day of yestercentury, DID I think did it and that was the only one...

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

While I can't disagree with you there, I've done plenty of low-high-low attacks in the Su-33.

But there was an old old Tornado sim back in the day of yestercentury, DID I think did it and that was the only one...

your not the only one....i had the demo on win95 on some cd with about 50 other demos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EricJ a Tornado fan?

Wow someone who remembers DID's Tornado! :D What a sim that was, eh EricJ? That mission builder was great. I recall it would indicate if you added too much armament, not enough fuel, etc. Also, creating the attack routes was cool too. Then flying the mission on auto with the cruise altitude set at 200ft. There were only a few times, as I recall, that I survived my attacks on airfields. Also, laser-designating targets form the back seat was great. Oh! I still have the Desert Storm expansion video for Tornado. It's free to a good home, except for shipping. ;)

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

It was DI (Digital Integration) who made the Tornado sim, not DID (Digital Image Design). Both were great british sim makers.

DID made TFX, EF2000 and the Total Air War. DI went on to make helicopter sims of the Apache and Hind and a F-16 sim. After DI disbanded some of the guys formed Razorworks which made the Enemy Engaged helicopter sims (but not EE2). So some of the spirit of Tornado lives on in those :)

• Like 1