F-16C Arab Spring Campaign

Florence201

Hey people, I can't get the campaign to start.

Every time I load it up I get the "You need military planes mod to run this".

I've got that mod and installed it to both the Savedgames directory and the Steam game files directory under mods/aircraft in both cases but it still doesn't run.

Is there something I'm missing?

Got it working :thumbup:

Gregkar, just download the new version of the campaign, unzip missions 6 to 13 from the "NO MOD" folder and copy them into your old campaign, overwriting the old files. You'll be able to continue the campaign where you left it.

OTOH, Florence, how can I get the wingmen to attack mission targets? In missions six I tried with the "Engage mission" commands, the "Attack my target" command and the "Engage ground targets" command, but nothing worked, the darn morons just kept flying around without dropping their bombs... I hit one of the Tarantulas with 4 GBU-12s, the ship soaked up 68% of damage and kept merrily going its way.... :cry:

This is an issue with DCS, not the campaign itself. I have double checked under 2.5.5 that as long as you wait for the "In Vader" call, then send them to bomb first, as if you hit tgts first, they leave them alone for some reason?!?!?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello I'm flying mission 2 and I'm having a problem with the tgp in ccrp

in practice there is an offset between what I see on the hud and what I see in the mfd.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but usually in other flights the two points coincide, not here.

Sometimes tgt can be at a WP that is not programmed to enough decimal places and therefore means searching the datum slightly. Tried to make this as real world as possible and not just "Hit the WP" spot on all the while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is an issue with DCS, not the campaign itself. I have double checked under 2.5.5 that as long as you wait for the "In Vader" call, then send them to bomb first, as if you hit tgts first, they leave them alone for some reason?!?!?

I'll try waiting for the call and then send them in before attacking myself. I'm assuming I have to use the "Engage mission" command?

Hey everyone. I can't seem to communicate with my wingmen in these missions. I've got the frequency right - the one it's initially set with and given in the briefing screen - but my wingman won't respond to any of my commands.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is the frequency given in the briefing screen wrong?

Hey everyone. I can't seem to communicate with my wingmen in these missions. I've got the frequency right - the one it's initially set with and given in the briefing screen - but my wingman won't respond to any of my commands.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is the frequency given in the briefing screen wrong?

Flight Comms are on 135Mhz. Do you have that set on the VHF radio? And are you selecting the correct radio to try and communicate with them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes this I understood.

I was referring to the fact that the symbology on the hud is offset from what I see on the mfd.

in practice if on mfd I centered the tank on the hud the symbol will be higher than a few degrees.

This could be wind related and the jet is CCRP is allowing for that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Comms are on 135Mhz. Do you have that set on the VHF radio? And are you selecting the correct radio to try and communicate with them?

Hey there. Yeah, I have the VHF set to 135. My wingmen talk to me, as in if they spot anything "mudspike 12 o'clock" etc. But when I tell them to attack the target etc there is no response and they don't do anything.

Hey there. Yeah, I have the VHF set to 135. My wingmen talk to me, as in if they spot anything "mudspike 12 o'clock" etc. But when I tell them to attack the target etc there is no response and they don't do anything.

Realized you have to have the simple comms turned off in the menu. I've got it working now.

Finally my wingmen will be able to do something other than flight to fuel exhaustion and bail out. :megalol:

Done, and it worked flawlessly, Florence, thanks again for the tip.

One more thing about mission 6: after WP4 "Vader", WP5 is placed N of Vader, which is in the opposit direction of homeplate. I realized that I was going in the wrong direction only after 5 minutes and lost a wingman due to fuel starvation. You might want to place WP5 S of Vader or just simply delete it.

Hey everybody - I've got up to the antiship mission and I get this error when the mission attempts to load:

"DX11Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile -

HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND"

Does anybody have this error, or any ideas of any fixes?

Hey everybody - I've got up to the antiship mission and I get this error when the mission attempts to load:

"DX11Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile -

HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND"

Does anybody have this error, or any ideas of any fixes?

Are you running DCS 2.5.6 and the MOD version of the campaign?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there Sirchuzzalot!

There's been an issue with the campaign using the USS Washington mod in version 2.5.6, hence Florence uploaded a new zip file in the user section of DCS website, which contains two versions of the campaign, one with mods, the other one without mods.

You have to download the campaign again, unzip the no mod version of it and replace the old .miz files with the new ones. This way you shouldn't need to restart the campaign and can keep playing it from mission 6 onward.

Hi there Sirchuzzalot!

There's been an issue with the campaign using the USS Washington mod in version 2.5.6, hence Florence uploaded a new zip file in the user section of DCS website, which contains two versions of the campaign, one with mods, the other one without mods.

You have to download the campaign again, unzip the no mod version of it and replace the old .miz files with the new ones. This way you shouldn't need to restart the campaign and can keep playing it from mission 6 onward.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Comms & Runway

Got a question. I am a newbie so be patient. First I cannot communicate with my wingman. The radio is on and set to VHF 135.00 mhz. But they do not respond. Can communicate with the awacs and tower but not my Flight. Also when I request taxy to runway they tell me to taxy to runway 10. Kish runways are numbered 27L and 27R and 60L and 60R. Also when I come in for a landing I am told to use runway 28. No Runway 28 only 27L and 27R and 60L and 60R. Can someone explain this.

Edited by Orestd

Hi Orestd,

I have experienced the same problems. And my solution is probably just a work around but it does the trick for me. This campaign doesn't use the easy radio communications. So you have to switch that off in your gameplay settings. Then in cockpit when I switch comm1 UHF off I can speak with my wingmen. Now somehow I feel my radio comm options are fubar, so maybe in your installation it will work when you switch to normal comms use. Maybe there are others who can explain things better. Good luck.

Hi Orestd,

I have experienced the same problems. And my solution is probably just a work around but it does the trick for me. This campaign doesn't use the easy radio communications. So you have to switch that off in your gameplay settings. Then in cockpit when I switch comm1 UHF off I can speak with my wingmen. Now somehow I feel my radio comm options are fubar, so maybe in your installation it will work when you switch to normal comms use. Maybe there are others who can explain things better. Good luck.

Switching com1 off helped thnx man!

• 4 weeks later...